Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Lantern: The Animated Series (Cartoon Network)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern: The Animated Series (Cartoon Network)

This newest animated series focuses on the adventures of Hal Jordan, the Green Lantern of Sector 2814, and his fellow warrior ally, Kilowog in their battle against the series' main antagonists, the Red Lanterns, led by the villain Atrocitus, and the Manhunters. Atrocitus, seeking revenge on The Guardians of the Universe for destroying his home planet, leads the Red Lanterns on a quest of vengeance against the worlds and Green Lanterns of "Frontier Space". Carol Ferris, Salaak, The Guardians of the Universe, Saint Walker, Zilius Zox and an anti-hero Razer serve as supporting characters in the series
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 11-12-2011, 09:54 PM.

Here are some plot details for the first season:

* Characters that will appear in the first season include: Hal Jordan, Kilowog, the Guardians, Carol Ferris, Sayd, Salaak, Atrocitus, and Zillious Zox. (And that’s just to start!)
    * The first season’s antagonists will be the Red Lantern Corps, led by Atrocitus, though other Lanterns and Corps may show up.
    * Dex-Starr, a fan favorite feline Red Lantern, might make an appearance.
    * Guy Gardner, the most raucous of the four human Green Lanterns from the comic book, might make an appearance, as well.
    * There will be no origin story in the series (perhaps because the movie will establish an origin well enough).
    * Blackest Night, a popular DC Universe comics crossover event from last year wherein dead superheroes and Lanterns rose from the grave, will likely take place at some point in the series.
    * Despite being a children’s show, there will be death(s).
    * Very little of the series will take place on Earth.
    * In a bit of a departure from the comic book, the Green Lantern Corps will have their own vehicles, due to the astronomical distance to some of their missions.
    * The Green Lantern TV show will not be seeing any appearances from other mainstream DC characters such as Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman.
    * Because Sinestro will play such a large role in the movie, the animated series will steer clear of his character…that is, at least for the first season. Apparently, Bruce Timm and company will be building up the anticipation for his character before he debuts on the show.
    * The first season will include 26 episodes, and the first thirteen have already been planned.
    * Five episodes of the series have been recorded, but it’s still too early to announce voice actors.
    * The series will debut near the end of 2011.
    From....Screen Rant.com

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

This info (above) is a few months old....as of now according to imdb.com (I know not to trust it) but, they have Josh Keaton as Green Lantern/Hal Jordan and Robert Englund as Sinestro supposedly.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 12-26-2010, 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Great news!! Glad to see Green Lantern get his on cartoon!

Comment

The 1 hour series premiere is this Friday.

Comment

I was wondering if there was/would be a thread for this. Can't wait.

Comment

^^^^I started it almost a year ago....I had to dig through 10-15 pages to find it again.

Comment

I noticed. Well, thanks for starting it up and bringing it back to the top. I hope it gets some attention. It'd be cool if Craig or one of the mods could make a sub-forum like they did with Young Justice.

Comment

GL hopefully will get a sub-forum of its own. Loved the movie and can't wait for the new series.

Comment

I'm old school when it comes to cartoon animation, and prefer the style used in "Justice League Unlimited". I still look forward to this new "GLAS"!!!

Comment

I'd prefer that animation as well, but what I've seen of this show is growing on me. It's still a bit too Incredibles-ish for my taste, but I have hopes of it getting better as the series progresses. Clone Wars was a bit shaky at the start, but it looks downright amazing these days.

Comment

Being the horror fan that I am, the thing that excites me most is Robert Englund being on the show! He was also The Riddler on "The Batman" so this is his second DC Animated project I think.

Comment

Series premiere tomorrow @7pm

Comment

I'm very excited about this show. Already have it saved as a favorite with reminders on my tv guide app.

Comment

Interview with Josh Keaton, who voices Hal.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                              Series premiere tomorrow @7pm
                              Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡