Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Would Davis Have Fit into the Dark AU of “Luthor”?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Would Davis Have Fit into the Dark AU of “Luthor”?

How would Davis have fit into the dark AU presented in the season 10 episode Luthor?

Note: I am presupposing here that Brainiac was unsuccessful in his attempt to use Clark or Lex as a vessel for General Zod.

Would Davis have been found and raised by the Kents, first in Smallville and then elsewhere since the Kents were long gone from the farm in the AU? Growing up in a loving family with a more stable and structured life perhaps he (or they) would have recognized his condition earlier and found a less lethal means to suppress it. Given that the creature generally emerged when it felt threatened, it may have remained dormant for years, possibly emerging when Lionel and Ultraman Clark (good grief, that moniker ) expanded their terrorist siege of the world. Maybe Davis would have been one of the good guys standing up to Dark Clark.

Without Clark and his super hero activities to distract Chloe or subsume her life, I assume she would have gone on to study journalism. At about this point she would be a cub reporter just establishing herself, possibly at The Daily Planet but more likely at a smaller paper. Through the years she could make her mark as a formidable reporter exposing the corruption of the Luthors, placing her directly in their crosshairs. (At which point I would hope that Davis Kent was in her life. Otherwise it's bye-bye intrepid tiny blonde crusader. )

I assume Clark, Lex and Oliver would have all attended the same prep school. Hmm, how would AU Clark have reacted to Oliver’s hazing of brother Lex? Would he have joined in the cruelty or punished the offenders for messing with a Luthor? Or both, since I suspect he enjoyed crushing Lex.

What if Davis was found by AU Lionel and raised as a Luthor? Would he have rebelled against Lionel’s attempts to push him into a life of evil, decadence and corruption? (After all, minus the damage caused by Doomsday or Davis’s attempts to stop the full transformations, he was a good man in spite of his unfortunate childhood.) Would he have broken with the family and pursued another path?

Or would Davis have embraced the dark side, creating a nearly unstoppable triumvirate of evil with his brothers? Would Lionel have attempted to be a kingmaker, pushing one son to be the future ruler of the world while the other two serve as enforcers? Which son would be anointed as the chosen one, the golden one? Or would Lionel play them against each other, waiting to see who emerges as the victor, the strongest, the deadliest? Or would the brothers band together and take down Daddy Undearest?

The potential alliances and rivalries among the Luthors, Tess included, are intriguing.

If Lex, Clark and Davis Luthor all attended that prep school with Oliver, do you think the hazing of Lex would have gone unanswered? Not likely. AU Green Arrow would probably sport a permanent limp…or some worse memento.

Or not even exist to lead the limp resistance.

And then there is the issue of Brainiac's kill-Clark programming. Would Davis have that prime directive? Could make family time a little---bloody.

Would Lionel have even raised Davis in his human form, just drawing out the beast as needed? Or would he have viewed Davis’s innately gentle nature as a weakness? Rather than being raised as another son, would Davis have been treated as a beast, an attack dog, poked and prodded and kept on a kryptonite chain until there is no Davis, only Doomsday?

.................................................. ........................................
    In conclusion, any episode of Smallville is improved by the presence of the MB!

For me in order for Davis to be on any Earth there would have to be Zod and Brainiac coming in because I don't think Davis actually arrived on Earth until Apocolypse when Brainiac went back in time to try to kill baby Clark and when Clark stopped him and I think he attached Davis/DD to the ship and that's why in the end of s7 Brainiac told Clark that he couldn't stop what was coming. So then time was changed but not that much.

Anyway as for Davis in Luthor world it's possible. I think that it would be interesting if the Kents found Davis instead of Clark and he was raised by the Kents and I could see having love in his life taming the Beast. Maybe they were able to find a way to get the Beast out or have him control it.

I really think that love could solve anything. So that could be likely for me.

As for Clark I don't think he was purely evil right a way I think like Lex it was a process and he might have tried to be a borther to Lex but watching Luthor made me remember about what Lilly said in Memorial that Lionel would posion both of his sons and he would put them against each other and I think that is what happened in this world. He had them compete for his affection.

Comment

It would of made more sense in the alternate reality if Davis was found by the Kent's and he was named Clark Kent. And Lionel would of named Clark Jillian or something.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎