Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're halfway through the season. Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tekken Force
    What are people's opinions on the visual aspect of the season so far. It's been a weird mix of suffocating darkness like in Abandoned then bright sunlight in other episodes. Lazarus especially I found a bit odd. Kept jumping between night and day so often.
    It sums up the confusion the production feels this year. They told us this year would be lighter and yet they bring in Darkseid. Its in his name.

Comment

• Originally posted by SVfan87
      ^^ i recently rewatched Hostage. rather, select scenes in Hostage. and the whole cloak-and-dagger routine just doesn't suit Martha Kent. she would never! i get that she would be desperate to protect her son. but not like that.
      It just reeked of SuperLana to me, characters that no longer serve a purpose on the show or the actors want to leave so to please them the writer dreams up some idiotic scheme for them to be bigger and more important than they really are. Martha as some super espionage/James Bond leader was just insulting! Have her be a senator, fine whatever, but trying to make her a superhero in her own right is just stupid.

Comment

• I agree that Lois should not be taking the credit in making Clark Superman because that negates everyone else who played their parts in helping him become the man he is and the hero he will become. The first four episodes was mostly about Clark while the rest of the season was about Clois and the VRA.

Comment

• This season has made me truely depise DC for not killing the show earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dyanara
            It just reeked of SuperLana to me, characters that no longer serve a purpose on the show or the actors want to leave so to please them the writer dreams up some idiotic scheme for them to be bigger and more important than they really are. Martha as some super espionage/James Bond leader was just insulting! Have her be a senator, fine whatever, but trying to make her a superhero in her own right is just stupid.
            I worry that that's the way Chloe is about to go. Though maybe to some degree they already have, her logistical, intelligence, IT and other skills have shot to terrifyingly good levels. I'm sure she wasn't that competent back in her Torch days. She can pull kryptonite arsenals out of her ass. Yeah I know she used Oliver's money to do it but still, to pull it all off in secret without even Oliver knowing, let alone Clark...Machiavellian as hell. Reminds me of the bad old "Lana Luthor" days.
            Last edited by Tekken Force; 01-16-2011, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• This season has had an extremely dull first half, as opposed to all the others where it is usually the second half. Most likely this is because they are saving all their good stuff for the ending. So, while it has done well with the build up and the returns and the big 200th episode, the payoff for everyone who's been following it all along anyway will ideally be now. That being said, it still sounds as if they're just spinning wheels and treading water with filler all the way till the end when he'll finally just become Superman, provided these awful rumors about it not being the last season after all aren't true.

Comment

• I have loved the first have of the season. I am a hopeless romantic so all the clois action is absolutely amazing but I also love that clark is finally becoming superman. The season has been so good that come May I have no idea what I am going to do with myself. Cant wait for Friday!!!

Comment

• I'll just make a list of the first half episode ratings for Season 10 (at the moment)

1. Ambush: 7 - Possibly the best Clark episode of Season 10 so far. Been nice knowing the Talon.
                  2. Luthor: 7 - Good episode that would've been rated higher if I didn't feel that I only watched a half-episode. There were a few blanks in this one.
                  3. Shield: 7
                  4. Homecoming: 6.5 - Good episode with some great moments, but loses points because I don't like the idea of Clark having to be shown the way by others so often.
                  5. Abandoned: 5.5 - Lutessa Lena Luthor? Female Furies that just happen to train in combat with Green K weapons? Hey Clark, you forgot that girl back at the orphanage.
                  6. Lazarus: 5 - Clark has pride issues? He isn't worthy? The Suit gets frozen? Clark just now acknowledges his errors from the previous season? Talk about a weak premiere that tears down Clark once again. This guy can't seem to do anything right, I guess.
                  7. Icarus: 5
                  8. Patriot: 4.5 - A very... wooden episode.
                  9. Isis: 4.5 - Another possession episode? These writers are VERY unimaginative and shallow.
                  10. Harvest: 4.5 - What a waste and a great missed opportunity IMO.
                  11. Supergirl: 4 - So, Clark is inspired by Kara and then Oliver to come out to the public? Lois and Kara are pure of spirit, but Clark isn't?

Season 10 First Half: 5.5 (Not looking good...)
                  Last edited by HopeforTomorrow; 02-07-2011, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tekken Force
                    I worry that that's the way Chloe is about to go. Though maybe to some degree they already have, her logistical, intelligence, IT and other skills have shot to terrifyingly good levels. I'm sure she wasn't that competent back in her Torch days. She can pull kryptonite arsenals out of her ass. Yeah I know she used Oliver's money to do it but still, to pull it all off in secret without even Oliver knowing, let alone Clark...Machiavellian as hell. Reminds me of the bad old "Lana Luthor" days.

supersuperchloe, is being turned into a robotic version of herself more and more each day, she is even more alien than clark now.

ok on my thought for the season, like some people said, there are too many storylines going nowhere, too many people coming in and out.

IMO, the second half will even be far worse than the first one. i have seen no proof that the writers are going to do anything to change the way they are doing things. What is to become of the series finale, probably a disapointment to everyone involved.
                    Last edited by MarvelXY; 01-25-2011, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by xrayvision
                      I would make Requiem Lex either a clone or a prototype design cyborg that Lex paid Toyman to make, which he later perfected when we eventually saw the Toyman cyborg in Echo. That Requiem-Echo connection with Toyman appearing in both & Oliver seeing Lex's reflection could mean something. I'm hoping it means that Lex escaped from the FoS collapse unparalyzed (as he had so many other times, like that plane crash at the end of Exodus) & has been using the invisibility technology his staff invented & used on Wes Keenan to walk around in the public undetected. That would mean that Oliver really saw Lex for a moment in Echo as Lex uncloaked briefly just to taunt him. It would also mean that Lex has been using an enhanced & safer version of the Void serum that Lance made to enter the afterlife to account for his appearance in Lazarus (where he was in the place that people who were on the brink of death--not the dead themselves--roamed) all so he could find out knowledge from beyond like his mother showed she knew of when Lex spoke to her in Void & Jonathan showed he knew in Void & in Lazarus.

The main point of the clone should be either to prove that Clark withholding his secret from Lex didn't turn him into what Lex became or to simply be a vessel of Darkseid since I'm sure we won't see Darkseid in his pure form battle Clark. If that happens, then once the clone's body is rid of Darkseid's presence, the real Lex could show up & say that he's not interested in a body that's been inhabited by alien filth & shoot the clone dead & take his proper place as the grand villain who is on his way to becoming president with Clark giving him an "It's on" staredown.
                      You really thought that through. I dont think anyone would even remember Lex showing up in Clarks death experience, but you managed to find an explanation for that. I like the Toyman idea to explain season 8 Lex. Have the real Lex being held prisoner in Russia like Clark was. And Lionel, with his vast resources, finds him there.

Comment

• Im not looking forward to the second half because, 1. I heard Lois will be marginalized and if I hated what they did with her in the first half how much worse can it get in the second half.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Tekken Force
                        I agree that either SuperChloe, Saint Chloe or Chloe the Martyr is just around the corner. This is the problem with the show going on so long, they have no idea what to do with the characters and so they decide to turn them into something they were never meant to be and as a result it marginalizes Clark. I don't see what is wrong with just being a regular old human being doing a 9-5 job.
                        Last edited by Dyanara; 01-29-2011, 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎