Do You Wanna Dance (Clark & Tess)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Wanna Dance (Clark & Tess)

ll
    Last edited by Cat 25; 02-07-2011, 03:27 AM.

Continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please please please.
    OK, long review again. (Tell me if they're annoying and I'll stop)

Just forget Clois ever happened, I know that may be difficult
    Not a problem after reading this .

"“It’s just me Tess. I’m so sorry to frighten you…again.”"
    So in character for Clark. And I can see Tess having issues after her lets say 'tango' with Clark Luthor.

He’d learned to rely on her almost as much as he relied on Chloe,
    Aww...

A couple of months ago he’d walked into Watchtower and caught Tess watching Dancing With the Stars clips on youtube.
    I wish that would happen. It would be funny. And i could see Tess liking it. She strikes me as a romantic at heart. And what's more romantic than ballroom dancing?

Just don’t step on Mercy’s feet, okay Boy Scout?
    I wish Oliver was talking about me Mercy not Tess Mercy. But that ain't gonna happen.
    That she was acting like a child, fearful of the boogey monster underneath her bed.
    Understandable, considering her past yet totally in character And the whole freak out was realistic. I don't have PTSD but I assume that's what it would be like.

in his place was her Clark.
    Her Clark hmm? How sweet...ly possessive. XD

Maybe this dancing thing wouldn’t be so hard after all.
    Well, at least until they got to the waltz…

I want to see the waltz! Please Cat, please write more. And I love Schubert, he's one of my favourites after Vivaldi and Mozart.

Comment

Thank you! So glad you liked it. I have some more ideas for a continuation of this, and BTW I know writers (or at least me) LOVE to get reviews with specific parts that you liked, so by all means continue.

Comment

Are you kidding? Of course continue with this! It was amazing.

Comment

YES! Yes! By all means, pleeeeeeaaaasssseee continue!!!

Comment

I like where this is going, please continue.

Comment

yes continue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 this has alot of potential to be a really fantastic long and wonderful story ! i think it should be a slow one step at a time process for tess to get back where she was before clark luthor can't wait for more

Comment

Love it please continue.

It was hard to not imagine Clois..but i did it..and I just love this story.. I want more Cless. its my guilty pleasure!! and haha at Tess' being dancing with the stars.

Comment

Okay, so I'm getting the idea that you want me to continue... I'll have more for you soon, and I'm lovin' the enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat 25
                    Okay, so I'm getting the idea that you want me to continue... I'll have more for you soon, and I'm lovin' the enthusiasm.

Can't wait!!!

Comment

"Greatest 30 seconds of Season 10"
                      lol, so true. And I love Tess' description of it.

He wanted to be her hero. Always.
                      And now he is

"“I wasn’t the one who made you what you are Tess. You chose it all for yourself. Nothing is going to change that,” he said, his mouth near her hair. “Nobody is going to change that.""<O</O
                      So sweet And so true. I could see Clark saying that.

"“Nightmares ususally tend to scare the ones who have them,” Tess shot back"
                      Love the snark.

"It was like the way you only image a kiss could be.” Tess smiled coyishly
                      love that line but I don't think coylishly is a word.

Shirley the psychiatrist is annoying but it works. She's amusing. I can't wait to see what Tess' revenge on Oliver is. PPMASAP. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Comment

K, thanks for catching that, now it's "coyly". Also, the revenge for Oliver (who sticks his nose where it doesn't belong) is hearing all about how great Clark is... Punishment indeed for any ex-boyfriend I should think.

Comment

LOL on Shirley's reaction.

Loving this! PPMS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cat 25
                            Warning: There are a few mature parts in this update, namely the retelling of Clark and Tess' snogfest, so if you're too young, avert your eyes. But if you're not too young and you liked what shall be known as the "Greatest 30 seconds of Season 10", then you're gonna love this! Feedback is golden.

And so our story continues...

It only took two minutes of dancing for Clark to realize he had no clue what he was doing. After Tess’ mini panic attack, she’d let him hold onto her as the thin, brunette woman who had won more dancing trophies than could fit on her over-size bookshelf, instructed them. <O</O

Clark was used to backing down his strength all day long so that he didn’t break dishes, doors or other humans, but he handled the fragile red-head more delicately than he would have Waterford crystal. He wouldn’t have admitted it out loud, but Tess’ friendship meant the world to him. He would do anything to prove to her that he could be trusted, that she could feel safe again in his arms.<O</O

Funny, as he swayed slowly to the slow music, his hand placed gently at her waist, it reminded him of the day they’d first meant. Almost three years ago, a bus had exploded not even a block away from The Daily Planet and he remembered seeing the unconsious beauty amid the rubble, scooping her up and carrying her away from the wreckage. He recalled the second he saw her open her big blue-green eyes and look up at with appreciation. From that first moment she seemed to trust him, to know somehow that he would never harm her. <O</O

He stood taller with pride as she gave him a smile and whispered, “My hero.” He hadn’t wanted to let her go; a part of him wished he could just keep walking and carry her away from the dangerous city, take her somewhere safe where all that mattered was her smile and the way she made him feel so invincible, so brave. He wanted to be her hero. Always.<O</O

Tess saw a change in his expression as they clumsily continued doing the box step, over and over again, until it started to feel like second-nature. The softness in his eyes surprised her, a lop-sided grin appearing on his face like he’d just thought of a really good joke.<O</O

Her curiosity superceded her anxiety and she asked him, “What are you thinking about?”<O</O

“You,” he replied with a short chuckle. “About when I rescued you that first day.”<O</O

She looked down and grinned. “Seems like so long ago.”<O</O

“Or it could have been only yesterday.” <O</O

“So much has changed since then…I feel like an entirely different person,” Tess added, a sad look filling her eyes.<O</O

“Let’s just dance, okay?” Clark said tenderly, and so she stopped talking, stopped thinking and just felt the music. <O</O
                            <O</O
                            <O</O

“Well, that was…different,” Tess said as Clark walked her back to her Porsche. “Dancing is harder than it looks.”<O</O

“Having two left feet doesn’t help matters,” Clark joked self-deprecatingly.<O</O

“Oh, come off it,” Tess laughed, nudging his shoulder. “You did fine. I’m really glad you suggested this Clark. I needed it.”<O</O

She leaned back against the driver’s door, hands in her pockets. The December air was chilly and Clark could see her breath puff out in whispery clouds. <O</O

“I know that other Clark was a maniac and really hurt you and believe me, I’d pummel him into the ground if I could, but I can’t…fix what happened. And I just want us to be okay again. So I thought maybe doing something together that wasn’t too scary or whatever would help.” He stared at his shoes for a second before daring to look up at her face. <O</O

He immediately hated himself when he saw that her eyes were wet. <O</O

“We’re going to be okay Clark. I’m going through kind of a rough patch right now, but tonight was a great idea. So stop blaming yourself and just…don’t worry about me, all right?”<O</O

He nodded and she bravely took his bare hand in her gloved ones, his heat radiating through her fingers like she was holding an heating pad. It always perplexed her how the elements had no affect on him. <O</O

“When I saw you that day,” she began so softly, he had to use his superhearing to catch her words, “I thought you were the most beautiful thing I’d ever seen.”<O</O

At first Clark didn’t know if being called “beautiful” was a good thing or not, but he ignored it and kept listening.<O</O

“Too perfect and too…wonderful to be real. We’ve had our ups and downs Clark, but being your friend, it made me want to be better. To be more than I was. And so when I saw Clark Luthor, when I talked to him…” She closed her eyes, trying to choose the right words. “He was so evil, so…his heart was black Clark. Nothing like yours. And it shook me to the core. It made me doubt myself again, because if the circumstances were different and you could become that, did I even have a chance?”<O</O

She was crying in earnest now, and Clark pulled her to him, hugged her tight. Her wet face was warm against his blue jacket, her arms wrapping around his torso, as if holding onto him could kept the darkness from getting in. <O</O

“I wasn’t the one who made you what you are Tess. You chose it all for yourself. Nothing is going to change that,” he said, his mouth near her hair. “Nobody is going to change that."<O</O

They stayed like that for awhile, until Tess was ready to let go. “Thank you.”<O</O

“Do you need me to drive you home?” he asked, releasing her.<O</O

“No, I’ll be fine. Sorry for crying all over you,” she almost snorted as she fished the keys from her pocket.<O</O

“No biggie. Take it easy okay?”<O</O

“Yup. So when’s our next lesson?”<O</O
                            <O</O

***<O</O

“So what brings you here today Ms. Mercer?” Shirley McGregor, PhD asked in a friendly tone, crossing her legs and uncapping her pen.<O</O

Tess fidgeted in the chair opposite her and replied, “I think Oliver Queen has already told you why I’m here.”<O</O

“Mr. Queen informed me of the…incident, and as a therapist assigned to the “special” cases he hands me, he thought you could use my help. Though, I would like to hear your own interpretation of the events of last month,” Shirley continued, her brown eyes kind, her greying blond hair held back in a loose bun. <O</O

“Special” cases? Tess thought, must be some patient-confidentiality agreement between her and Oliver. But if he trusts her with the rest of the team, I guess she must be okay…<O</O

“Well, it’s pretty straight-forward,” Tess said, holding her chin high, keeping her gaze neutral, bored even. She hated psychiatrists on principle and didn’t feel much like elaborating on her side of things. “I came into posession of a Krytponian artifact which Clark Kent found and then tried to operate. What we later learned was called the Mirror Box, was activated and sent him into an alternate reality. In so doing, the Clark in that reality was shot back into ours where he wrecked quite a bit of havoc before Clark could reverse the process.”<O</O

“That’s a very clinical narraration,” Shirley commented dryly, before taking a sip of her coffee. Tess shrugged and looked again around the good-sized office, taking in the taupe-colored walls, the glass-topped desk, the four degrees that hung in frames behind it. Two large windows faced southward with a beautiful, expansive view of the river. It was a little after one p.m. and the sun glinted prettily off the water and the steel-framed bridge that crossed it.<O</O

None of it, though did anything to relax Tess, which was obvious by the way she jangled her foot constantly and played with the Cartier watch on her left wrist. <O</O

Shirley waited for a response, but getting none, she continued. “And some of the “havoc” he wrecked was on you personally, wasn’t it?”<O</O

“Yes. Some,” Tess said, giving the fifty-three year old woman an appraising look. Only fifty-four more minutes, hang in there…<O</O

“You’ve been having nightmares?”<O</O

“Yes.”<O</O

“What kind of nightmares?”<O</O

“The ususal kind.” <O</O

“They scare you?”<O</O

“Nightmares ususally tend to scare the ones who have them,” Tess shot back, her patience wearing thin.<O</O

“But they’re starting to affect your relationship with Clark Kent, aren’t they?”<O</O

“I suppose so.”<O</O

“Are you afraid of him?”<O</O

“I am afraid of a very different man, who just happened to resemble him,” Tess levelled, her eyes cooling.<O</O

“What happens in your nightmares?”<O</O

“It’s just images, flashes really,” Tess answered. “I’m trying to get away from him. I try to run, but he’s too quick. He strikes my cheek, I’m bleeding. Then I…I’m lying on the floor and his fingers are around my neck. They’re nothing really, considering what he did to me.” Forty-two minutes left…<O</O

“And what, specifically did he do Tess?”<O</O

Tess sighed. This wretched woman is not going to give up. “He broke through the glass ceiling at Watchtower, the force of which tumbled me back into a bookcase, fracturing my wrist and giving me a mild concussion. He then grabbed and held me up by my neck, demanding I tell him where the Box was. When I wouldn’t he threw me across the room and I landed on the wooden coffee table, sustaining a sprained elbow and several splivers in my back. Need I go on?” <O</O

“Please,” Shirley said. “And don’t be afraid to say how what he did felt.”<O</O

“It hurt,” Tess deadpanned.<O</O

“Go on.”<O</O

Tess rolled her eyes. “He came towards me and bent down over me, saying if I didn’t give him what he wanted, he’d kill me.”<O</O

“And what did you say?”<O</O

“I believe I told him to go to the Devil, which is ironic now since he actually was the Devil.” Tess crossed her arms, defiance flashing in her eyes.<O</O

“And then?”<O</O

“He kissed me.” Her teeth ground as she spat out the words.<O</O

“Now was this the first time he’d kissed you?” Shirley asked.<O</O

“No, as I’m sure Oliver has already informed you,” Tess parried and Shirley gave her a smile. <O</O

“When did he kiss you before?”<O</O

“I was in my office when he came in, and at first I didn’t pay attention to what he was wearing, though that outfit was something my Clark would never wear,” Tess shook her head and Shirley made a note on her pad, noticing her use of the phrase “my Clark”. “I got up and walked towards him and asked him where he’d been all night and he started coming forward. He backed me up against my desk and…he kissed me.” Another shrug.<O</O

“And had Clark ever done that before?”<O</O

“No,” Tess replied, with just a hint of what sounded like bitterness. “Never.”<O</O

“What can you tell me about this kiss?” Shirley prompted.<O</O

Again, Tess sighed, her foot shaking even faster. “It was…rude, firm, but familiar, like he’d done it a thousand times, like he knew me…”<O</O

She trailed off. <O</O

“Did that scare you?”<O</O

“No, not at first. I tried right away to push him off, yell at him, but as I’m sure you know, Clark be it Kent or Luthor is immensly strong, so I might as well have been bushing against a brick wall. He was determinded but I didn’t respond to him…at first.”<O</O

“He forced you to?”<O</O

Tess knew this woman was getting a big kick out of hearing all this. Trying to live vicariously through me, you old crone? Fine.<O</O

“Like I said, he did at first, but then I…relented somewhat and started kissing him back. He was so…passionate, it was strange and exciting.” Tess’ eyes sparkled at the memory. “His mouth was warm yet, demanding. And there was this sense of urgency like he wanted so much more. Like he’d gotten more before. Like he couldn’t get enough… Believe me I’ve had plenty of expirience in this area,” Tess got a sudden idea of how to get Oliver back for having the gall to schedule this little interview, “but no man has ever kissed me like that. So focused, so skilled. He knew what he was doing. It was like the way you only imagine a kiss could be.” Tess smiled coyly.<O</O

“Go on.” Shirley’s eyebrows were up near her hairline by now.<O</O

“He held the back of my neck, pressed up against me, overpowering me. Then he…caressed my lips with his tongue, and it gave this shiver all the way through my body. Delicious,” Tess felt her toes curl inside her shoes just remembering it. <O</O

She checked the doctor’s face; she was hanging on every word. “He picked me up and set me on my desk,” Her eyes closed. “Leaned me back and bit my lower lip. The way he did it made me forget I’ve ever kissed another guy. And don’t even ask me how if felt when he stuck his tongue in my mouth-”<O</O
                            Bing! went the timer that Shirley had set on the coffee table.<O</O

“Well, that’s all the time we have today,” she said with surprise, hand over her heart. <O</O

“We’re done already?” Tess feigned reluctance.<O</O

“Yes, well, why don’t we schedule another for Wednesday?”

<O</O***
                            More to come!
                            ok first off great update! i just have 1 wish can i be clark just for 20 minutes ? thats all i ask "sigh"

Comment

This was different! Like a lot of people here I had to let go of my Clark/Lois coupling, and just imagine what it would be like if Clark and Tess were together....Very good job! I'm really enjoying this!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎