Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Clark forget that he lied to Lois for years?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clippers
    I really don't think the "you can tell when I'm lying" was thought through or meant to be combed through like this. I really think they wanted Clois shippers to squee about the " I can't live in world where you don't love me" crap and they hoped the fact that the whole scene didn't make sense would be forgotten.
    I don't see why it has to be "thought through". From my modest experience, that's not how relationship works. You don't go around delivering completely literal and factually based lines to get through to the emotions of your loved one. Like I said, it's probably not to be taken so literally. Saying "you can tell when i'm lying" is just another euphemism for Clark trying to express the fact that he feels Lois knows him better than anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by dogstar85
      Actually, I thought it was referring to the fact that they are in a relationship now and she knows him better.

I can't tell when my friend is lying. But when said friend and I become closer and he becomes my boyfriend, I would be able to tell that he wasn't exactly truthful. That's the principle that Clark was using IMO

I'm thinking back to Conspiracy. Where Lois could obviously tell that Clark was hiding something and after they've been in a relationship, she has seemed like she's known there's something beneath the surface. And she never really pushed him for it.
      This!

Comment

Originally posted by BackToTheLies
        I don't see why it has to be "thought through". From my modest experience, that's not how relationship works. You don't go around delivering completely literal and factually based lines to get through to the emotions of your loved one. Like I said, it's probably not to be taken so literally. Saying "you can tell when i'm lying" is just another euphemism for Clark trying to express the fact that he feels Lois knows him better than anyone.
        Pretty much. Their relationship has evolved to a place where he can say that line.

Other Clarks would say the same about their Loises post-marriage. And all of them lied to their Loises about the secret too. It's still not a false statement.

Comment

And again, agreed!

Comment

I just meant I don't think they meant for any kind of deep analysis of the line to take place.

Comment

THIS!

Actually, I thought it was referring to the fact that they are in a relationship now and she knows him better.

I can't tell when my friend is lying. But when said friend and I become closer and he becomes my boyfriend, I would be able to tell that he wasn't exactly truthful. That's the principle that Clark was using IMO

I'm thinking back to Conspiracy. Where Lois could obviously tell that Clark was hiding something and after they've been in a relationship, she has seemed like she's known there's something beneath the surface. And she never really pushed him for it.
              Logic, gotta love it

Comment

I just meant I don't think they meant for any kind of deep analysis of the line to take place.
                It's not meant to be analyzed. I've told my boyfriend some fairly cheesy, romantic things. "You make me happier than anyone." Actually, there were days he didn't make me happy at all

Comment

I guess I am too but tptb make it as hard as possible to stay invested, so as someone who considers myself a Clois shipper the scene made me lol.
                  wat made ME lol was the hospital scene, where Lois told him he got it right the first time and he didnt need any second chances... I mean, hello, second half of season 8?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarevokcz
                    wat made ME lol was the hospital scene, where Lois told him he got it right the first time and he didnt need any second chances... I mean, hello, second half of season 8?
                    Again, everything they say isn't supposed to be indicative for each year they've known each other. They're speaking of their relationship in the present. In the now. Not the past.

Comment

When reminded of S8 I have to laugh or I would cry.

Comment

Again, everything they say isn't supposed to be indicative for each year they've known each other. They're speaking of their relationship in the present. In the now. Not the past.
                        Exactly.

(I just keep repeating the same word )

Comment

But the start of their romantic relationship WAS a disaster and Clark most definitely needed the second chance to make it right. Of course they tried to ignore it in season 9, too, so its no wonder they ignored it again.

Comment

But the start of their romantic relationship WAS a disaster and Clark most definitely needed the second chance to make it right. Of course they tried to ignore it in season 9, too, so its no wonder they ignored it again.
                            EH? it's not about ignoring anything. But whatever.

Comment

Comment

The problem with that is the fact that AU Lois barely knew him and still seemed to be able to see into his soul like she knows him deeply. So while I can buy that Lois and Clark's current relationship is at a point where that statement would hold water, it didn't really work in this case given the circumstances of the AU.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎