Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 9 or Season 10?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not think it is fair to vote on this until the majority of the season is completed. When I am deciding which season is better compared to another. I look at the entire storyline of the season and all the characters involved. However, if you are asking me an episode to episode basis. I would have to go with the season. I like the fact that Clark is taking the main seat and being a leader in show once again. And people are right, compared to season nine this season is moving slower. However, I think people feel that way, because they want to storylines this season just like last season. What I mean is through the first half of season nine there was Lois going to the future and figuring that out. And then there was the battle for Earth storyline that played out between Clark and zod for the rest of the season (throwing in a few filler episodes). I am sorry to this point, you but I do not think were going to get to storylines this year is going to be one long, complicated story that is going to play out. And I like that better than breaking up the season in two to storylines. It feels like old smallville again. In my opinion some of the older seasons have that type of feeling where was just one big continuous story. In my opinion, even though I like season nine. It felt like two different stories to me that were loosely tied together (I mean the only thing that tied them together was Lois seen the future.) The season 10 storyline is just starting to come into play. I mean, abandoned set up Darkside storyline, ambush set up the VR a and this was the climax of the antihero movement. That was set up in the first couple episodes. So I do not think we will hear or deal much with that anymore (that may be a driving force through some of the rest of the season), but we know now that that is out there. Which really gave them the ability to set up all the stuff. We will see and are seeing in these new episodes. Patriot set up the fact that the Justice league knows about it now. And the fact that Clark is ready to take the leadership role fully and willingly and wants to. Which I believe is a big step for him, throw the rest of the series. He has been the leader but he was leader just because they saw him as more powerful than themselves. But now I think they are finally starting to respect him and his judgment and motives. So there is a lot of things that they had set up for the second half of the season. So I think it is totally unfair to judge the season when you are only judging. The foundation of the main storyline. And they know almost people find foundation storylines to be boring, but trust me without the foundation the main meat of the storyline would suck in my opinion. Remember, just my opinions.

Comment

• Season 9 is DEFINITELY better than season 10. The plot lines of season 10 are just plain boring. Oliver revealing his identity? who cares.. The Suicide Squad arc is not as good as checkmate, Cat Grant is really annoying, Clark's new thriller jacket is not as cool as the black trenchcoat, etc. etc. And Aquamans acting has gotten even worse than before if thats even possible. The whole political element of season 10 and the public perception of superheroes arc is not cutting it either. I do have to say that Season 10 has potential to have a great second half with the emergence of Darkseid and the comeback of Lex Luthor. In season 9 we saw a lot more Zod in the first half than we saw of Darkseid this season...so sad that after 10 seasons the final season is looking to be the worst one so far.

Comment

• I like the Clark/Lois bit. I think it is perfect for season 10. Not sure yet about Darkseid but I am with the person that doesn't like the term "darkness"...too vague to feel like a villian yet.

The biggest thing missing for season 10 is Chloe...I think that is what is makes the season feel different. You can't have a character that has been there for 9 years disappear and not leave a bit of a hole in the feel of the season.

I think one of the big differences is Season 9 had the Zod story running through all season. Season 10 they are trying to bring in old characters (for a final farewell) & various other characters which tends not to have the same plot development consistency that Season 9 had. They are just different. I love seeing the old characters & what farfetched ideas they try and pull off to bring them back. And of course...if they can get Rosenbaum to come back for an appearance in Season 10 that will top season 10.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎