Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Lex and Tess ever sleep together?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if the plan was for her to be a Luthor all along. I'll just say that Tess' run in with Lex's older clone in Lazarus was quite suggestive about what happened between them. Oliver also hinted at it once or twice during season 8 and Tess didn't deny it.

Lets just file this under the Luke and Leia category of the "less said the better".

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
      I don't know if the plan was for her to be a Luthor all along. I'll just say that Tess' run in with Lex's older clone in Lazarus was quite suggestive about what happened between them.
      The very episode, where Tess has her face repaired by a skin transplant from a Lex Luthor clone. Clones that are said to have been created to repair Lex (being perfect donors). Not an expert on skin transplantations (nor would I expect the writers to be), but I'd imagine such a transplant would require a matching donor (like with many other transplantations). Suggesting that she and Lex are a close match (like siblings). As for LX-3 (the older Lex clone), he's identified as "the bad one" by Alexander. Right before, Alexander mentions that some of the clones came out sick. Some were visibly deformed, but sick can also be in the mind. LX-3 was mentally ill. Not suggestive of the relationship between Tess and the real Lex. But the behavior of a diseased mind.

Oliver also hinted at it once or twice during season 8 and Tess didn't deny it.
      Not denying isn't confirming. Just means that she isn't going to dignify his insinuations with an answer. Also, he had no proof of it. Just an impression that the relationship between Lex and Tess was more than a mentor-protegé thing. But, not having the information that they're brother and sister, jumps to the conclusion that it had to be something sexual (which he didn't say outright in "Committed"). Not to mention, he was just saying it, to get a rise out of Tess. It's an example of the type of crap Tess no doubt had to put up with. She's a young woman (hadn't even turned 24, by my estimate, when she first appeared), who was suddenly put in charge of a major corporation. She would get second-guessed and people would be spreading rumors of how she got into this position.

Comment

Actually Tess was 30 years old in season 8. Her age is revealed in that article that Clark is reading at the end of Turbulence.

Anyway, the scenes we are discussing left the Tess/Lex relationship open to different interpretations, including romantic. For example, Oliver doesn't flat out ask her if she and Lex were an item, but "You know, Mercy, it seems to me like Lex may have been a little bit more than a mentor" can only mean so much. The Lex clone in Lazarus was unhinged, but that doesn't necessarily mean he remembered wrong (there weren't any signs of this during the rest of the episode). And then there's the end of Bulletproof where Tess is clearly distraught at Lex's betrayal and admits that she loved him.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
          Actually Tess was 30 years old in season 8. Her age is revealed in that article that Clark is reading at the end of Turbulence.
          A newspaper article in a TV show or movie contains inaccurate information?! I'm shocked. The truth is newspaper articles are a common place for goofs (sometimes I read them just to check if the article even has anything to do with the headline or the plot for that matter). To use a few SV examples: in "Hereafter" an article about Julia Altman identifies Coach Altman as Principal Altman; in "Fade" an article about Graham Garrett gives his name as "Christopher Boyer". At no point was "Graham Garrett" implied to have been an alias, nor does the article list it as an alias or even mention "Graham Garrett"; in "Extinction" the Wall of Weird file on Lex gives his date of birth as "Undetermined". Wait, Chloe hasn't been able to figure out the date of birth of the richest guy in town? Maybe she isn't such a good reporter after all, if she can't collect information that would be well-documented; in "Salvation" a newspaper Lois reads in 2013 had an article about the deaths of Jason and Genevieve Teague in "the recent meteor shower";

In this episode, we're shown Tess Mercer's birth certificate which gives her birthday as November 12, which the document lists as a Monday. When they arrive at St. Louise's Orphanage, Tess briefly looks at a photo of herself with her adoptive parents at the orphanage. She denies having ever been there, but Clark notes that she was here 20 years ago (probably not to the exact day). A later scene states that Tess was adopted by the Mercer's when she was five years old. The episode aired November 12, 2010. 2010 - 20 = 1990. She was probably adopted prior to November 12, so she would've turned five in 1989. 1989 - 5 = 1984. November 12 was a Monday in 1984, so the information given in the episode lines up with the information on the birth certificate. Hence she was born November 12, 1984.

And then there's the end of Bulletproof where Tess is clearly distraught at Lex's betrayal and admits that she loved him.
          And a flashback in this episode has young Tess say "Daddy, I love you". "Love" can mean many things, yet people are obsessed with the sexual kind. "I love this movie", "I love this book", "I love him like a brother", "I love him like a father", "I love him like a son", "I loved those days", "I love being here", "I love this painting", "I love this dress", "I love these shoes", "I love the 80's", "I love working with them", "I loved playing sports in school". I could go on, but the point I'm making is that the term "love" can be used in lots of different contexts. Not just refering to sexual or romantic feelings.

I'd also like to add that Cassidy Freeman's a natural blond, who was told to dye her hair red for the part. Why? Well, in "Isis" Cat Grant sees a photo of Alexander (who looks like a young Lex Luthor) and mistake him for Tess Mercer's son, because of the hair.

Furthermore, in "Odyssey" (her first appearance), Tess sits down behind Lex's desk and her assistant notes that it suits her, prompting Tess to protest that this is Lex's desk. Sitting in a spot reserved for a member of the Luthor family suits her. So, the idea was probably there from day one (but they weren't sure if they were going to go down that road), in the eyes of the producers (who wrote her first episode), but they didn't share it with the whole writers room. Resulting in other writers throwing in weird hints (in hindsight) about the nature of her relationship with Lex Luthor. Consistency is always difficult when you've got numerous writers working on the show. Heck, I recall an episode of Angel (I think it was "Waiting in the Wings") where Joss Whedon (the show's creator) wanted a shot where you could see Angel in a mirror. Forcing another member of the crew to have to remind him that Angel's a vampire (hence he wouldn't be seen in a mirror).

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎