Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The name "Lutessa"... Love the backstory, hate the name...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exedore
    Yeah that was odd and unnecessary.

So with Lena being her middle name I have to ask: since James was Jimmy's middlename and that was their (stupid) reason why he was supposedly not, you know ()....does this mean Tess isn't the real Lena and there's another one out there whose first name is Lena?
    Given Lionel's history of infidelity (two have been proven, to result in offsprings). There could be several more Luthor children out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
      Yeah that was odd and unnecessary.

So with Lena being her middle name I have to ask: since James was Jimmy's middlename and that was their (stupid) reason why he was supposedly not, you know ()....does this mean Tess isn't the real Lena and there's another one out there whose first name is Lena?

Lutessa is the new Henry. That name sounds like the name of a countess.

I'm hoping that Lana will be revealed as Lutessa Lana Small so we can get a real redhead Lana Lang who doesn't have a history of emasculating Clark & sending Dear John videos. Maybe Lutessa Lena Luthor will be revealed to be the real Lana Lang. Going forward, I would choose Cassidy to be cast as Lana.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision

Lutessa is the new Henry. That name sounds like the name of a countess.

I'm hoping that Lana will be revealed as Lutessa Lana Small so we can get a real redhead Lana Lang who doesn't have a history of emasculating Clark & sending Dear John videos. Maybe Lutessa Lena Luthor will be revealed to be the real Lana Lang. Going forward, I would choose Cassidy to be cast as Lana.
        The E-2 Lana Lang (whom, as an adult became a supervillain known as the Insect Queen) moved away from Smallville, as a child an hence never met the young Clark Kent.
        Given the Smallville characters tendency, to have afairs (and lack of creativity, when it comes to naming children)... Yes, Lewis Lang could've slept with another woman (causing him and Laura to seperate, as was established, in season 2, that they had done during a brief period, in the 80's), whom gave birth to a red-haired girl, that was named Lana (and either given her biological father's last name or has taken it, as an adult) Lang.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
          The E-2 Lana Lang (whom, as an adult became a supervillain known as the Insect Queen) moved away from Smallville, as a child an hence never met the young Clark Kent.
          Given the Smallville characters tendency, to have afairs (and lack of creativity, when it comes to naming children)... Yes, Lewis Lang could've slept with another woman (causing him and Laura to seperate, as was established, in season 2, that they had done during a brief period, in the 80's), whom gave birth to a red-haired girl, that was named Lana (and either given her biological father's last name or has taken it, as an adult) Lang.
          Yeah. Man, that Insect Queen Lana was horrible. I never liked that storyline. But after what they did with Jimmy, I don't care what happens on this show anymore since it became a total joke.

Comment

Yeah,the Tess backstory of being Lionels daughter was ok,but that NAME kinda sucks. Contessa Luthor would have been a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
              Didn't like the name either. Seems like they were searching for a name starting with L and featuring "Tess" in it.

Either way, she is still Tess to me.
              Lutessa what the.....

the name is too unreal, then again the tess character is somewhat unreal

they could have just made tess a middle name and a first name starting with L.....

Comment

LOL I loved the way she said the name at the end, really sounded as though she loathed the name as much as the rest of us

Comment

I thought the name was fine.

Comment

i think she will turn evil and be the new female version of lex. that's my take on it, since it seems we have no clue if micheal or lex will be coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by JNottle
                      Yeah, what I'm really wanting to know is if Lex knew?
                      Me too!

Comment

LuTessa is yucky name.

Comment

Originally posted by Tebow15
                          LuTessa is yucky name.
                          yes it is, but she will still be called tess.

Comment

Lena should have been her first name. I like the reasoning for Contessa too being the middle name

----- Added 32 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by fixxxer1022
                            i think she will turn evil and be the new female version of lex. that's my take on it, since it seems we have no clue if micheal or lex will be coming back.
                            Lena was a good guy though.
                            Last edited by Estro-gen X; 11-13-2010, 10:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Estro-gen X
                              Lena should have been her first name. I like the reasoning for Contessa too being the middle name
                              This is why some of us are suspecting another Henry James Olsen scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                                That was another Lena, who was Lex Luthor's daugther (named after his sister).
                                I don't mind her being Lutessa Lena Luthor. Because she'll probably still be called "Tess" (though, some do go by their middle name. So, she could eventually start calling herself "Lena").

I thought the same thing. She should have been called Lena Contessa Luthor. they forced the Lutessa thing and sometimes I think the writers don't think of the most simple things. Lutessa sounds dumb and made up for the sake of the double L's.
                                I use my middle name as do A LOT of people and have since I was a little boy. So it wouldn't be hard for Tess to have used that and now that she knows her real name use Lena if she wants to embrace the Luthor name.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎