No announcement yet.

The Furies

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BBerryBoldgirl
    You mean her acting or the role she played? She wasn't that great on Days of Our Lives either. That's probably why they killed her off on that show. No offense to Justin, but she's not that good of an actress.
    Yes, her acting, not good. And it should be no offense to Justin she is just not good its not like he trained her. She didnt do well in the fight scene either. Also isn't Harriet a little psychotic.. she seemed very calm and collected.

Originally posted by BlueRanger
    yeah well this was just a ploy to get justin's wife on show.

no offense but nobody should get preferential treatment coz of who they know, every casting should go through auditions, regular, guest, recurring, even extras.
    Its no offense. ITA!!

Comment

Originally posted by thereason
      she was all being badass and then was layed out, now thats how superman roles
      haha

Comment

Originally posted by Smallville_newbiegirl
        I heard the one with the freddy gloves was Justin Hartley aka oliver queen/green arrow real life wife?

She was great.
        I loved her! I thought she was great too. She def was the furry that stood out. I like her fight with Tess. She was kicking Tess' butt until finally Tess came back at her. It was good because Tess can hold her own too.

Comment

Originally posted by MsNJS
          She didnt do well in the fight scene either. Also isn't Harriet a little psychotic.. she seemed very calm and collected.

Its no offense. ITA!!
          I dont blame her on that, more on the script/director. They obviously didnt want Mad Harriet to be well mad. Lindsey shouldve played Lashina if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by psyko69
            I thought they were OK.

Given Smallville's budget, I figure DC's Deathstryke and Whiplash were handled as well as could be expected.
            I agree.

Comment

Just realized something intriguing about the Furies...

When Granny was giving Tess the grand tour of the orphanage, she was pointing out an entire hallway filled with prominent women who had previously been under Granny's tutelage who are now in positions of power.

Looking at those pictures, I might be mistaken but I think some of them had national flags in the picture, implying that some of Granny's Furies are now political leaders in the Smallville-verse. Not to mention that some of her Furies are likely Fortune 500 CEO's like Tess.

This implies that Granny has already had sleeper agents in the halls of power all over the world for years now, apparently awaiting further orders from Granny and Darkseid.

This sounds like a really cool plot idea, that several governments and global corporations have been successfully infiltrated by Granny's agents and are ready to prepare the way for Darkseid's coming invasion.

It would be really cool for them to follow up on this plot detail that they've hinted at here.

Comment

I realized the same thing when thinking back about the episode. But I was thinking about another aspect of this---like how did Granny, Desaad & the others get to Earth so long ago but Darkseid just arrived as a result of the Book of Rao? They're supposed to have Mother Boxes to travel by boom tubes, but I haven't seen any yet. And why wouldn't Darkseid be able to show up the same way as his minions? If New Gods like Granny, Desaad & the others got here by boom tubes, then so should Darkseid. I don't understand why a being as powerful as him would be relegated to Apokolips & need to rely on the Book of Rao to arrive to Earth.

I also think that the people on that wall are all operatives in the upcoming war Granny was talking about. It's too bad Lex isn't around now because I would love to see a side by side comparison of how Lex would handle these operatives upon finding out about them (since he's against superpowered beings taking over Earth) vs. Clark's approach to handling them. It would have been a great dynamic to witness.

Comment

Yeah that was an interesting detail. I hope they do follow up on this.

About Darkseid: maybe he was defeated in a past war and was trapped in some sort of limbo or pocket dimension. He may have been able to have limited influence on Earth somehow and Granny and co have been preparing for his return which has now happened thanks to Clark using the BoR (because everything is Clark's fault lol).

Of course we must ask, who or what trapped Darkseid in the first place? Knowing SV, it will probably be Jor El. I fear TPTB might turn Darkseid into a Kryptonian Devil and Apokolips, a Kryptonian Hell. :|

Comment

Perhaps there was only one Mother/father box and it broke

Comment

Most likely, Darkseid isn't going to be THE DARKSEID, knowing Smallville. After all, no one has really been like their comic counterpart in terms of Clark's villains. Aside from Lex really. Bizarro was a phantom who got a cloned Clark body, but was allergic to sunlight, Mxyzptlyk was a foreign exchange student with gambling powers, Zod was a Kryptonian phantom who took over Lex, or later on was a clone of the original, and Doomsday, was a Kryptonian experiment by Zod and his wife, who was half human.

Darkseid, will probably end up being some mystical evil, that tries to take Clark over to rule the world. Rather than a super powerful alien god.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
                        Yeah that was an interesting detail. I hope they do follow up on this.

About Darkseid: maybe he was defeated in a past war and was trapped in some sort of limbo or pocket dimension. He may have been able to have limited influence on Earth somehow and Granny and co have been preparing for his return which has now happened thanks to Clark using the BoR (because everything is Clark's fault lol).

Of course we must ask, who or what trapped Darkseid in the first place? Knowing SV, it will probably be Jor El. I fear TPTB might turn Darkseid into a Kryptonian Devil and Apokolips, a Kryptonian Hell. :|
                        Though I doubt that they'll ever go this far...

what if the Original Naman was the one responsible for defeating Darkseid? What if Darkseid had come to earth during the time that Naman was here, and that they had clashed and somehow, Naman had defeated Darkseid back then?

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
                          Most likely, Darkseid isn't going to be THE DARKSEID, knowing Smallville. After all, no one has really been like their comic counterpart in terms of Clark's villains. Aside from Lex really. Bizarro was a phantom who got a cloned Clark body, but was allergic to sunlight, Mxyzptlyk was a foreign exchange student with gambling powers, Zod was a Kryptonian phantom who took over Lex, or later on was a clone of the original, and Doomsday, was a Kryptonian experiment by Zod and his wife, who was half human.

Darkseid, will probably end up being some mystical evil, that tries to take Clark over to rule the world. Rather than a super powerful alien god.
                          Hey Jerry! Where have you been? Nice to have you back.

But I agree with what you said. None of the villains on this show are like their comic counterparts other than Lex.

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by herolee10
                          Though I doubt that they'll ever go this far...

what if the Original Naman was the one responsible for defeating Darkseid? What if Darkseid had come to earth during the time that Naman was here, and that they had clashed and somehow, Naman had defeated Darkseid back then?
                          Well, I know who you're talking about but his name wasn't really Naman. He was only referred to as the visitor who became the father of the Kawatche tribe whereas Naman would be his ancestor that he would send one day to save the Kawatche. I have assumed for a while that the first Kryptonian who came to Earth & started the tribe was Smallville's version of Kem-El from the comics. He was the creator of the Eradicator, and Kal-El's ancestor from a very long time ago. If they ever explain it to be Kem-El, then he would have visited Earth in the 1500s since Joseph Willowbrook said he arrived 500 years ago. This would be a variation compared to the comics, where Kem-El lived thousands of years before Clark. But it would be one I'd gladly accept since the creation of the prophecy is something I was long hoping to be explained. I explained it in my own fanfic I posted here titled Krypton, but I'd like to have an official explanation.

But I like that idea of Kem-El (or whoever) being the one to defeat Darkseid given that this Darkseid will be nothing like the one from the comics (who Kem-El would never have been able to defeat, at least not without powers like Superman). They could explain it that Kem-El defeated him with the aid of the Eradicator, which he created. And he could have locked Darkseid away where only the Book of Rao would be able to free him. That would be a great way to do this, so Darkseid would seek revenge on Kem-El's ancestor as part of his business on Earth.

I said back in season 7 when they had all that time travel crap that Kem-El could have traveled to Earth & saved Clark from Edward Teague in Quest & learned about Clark & Lex as Naman & Sageeth at that time. Lex was also in that cathedral in Montreal, so Kem-El could have gotten some of his blood/DNA to program the Starblade with.
                          Last edited by xrayvision; 11-14-2010, 07:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Odysseus
                            When Granny was giving Tess the grand tour of the orphanage, she was pointing out an entire hallway filled with prominent women who had previously been under Granny's tutelage who are now in positions of power.

Looking at those pictures, I might be mistaken but I think some of them had national flags in the picture, implying that some of Granny's Furies are now political leaders in the Smallville-verse. Not to mention that some of her Furies are likely Fortune 500 CEO's like Tess.

This implies that Granny has already had sleeper agents in the halls of power all over the world for years now, apparently awaiting further orders from Granny and Darkseid.

This sounds like a really cool plot idea, that several governments and global corporations have been successfully infiltrated by Granny's agents and are ready to prepare the way for Darkseid's coming invasion.

It would be really cool for them to follow up on this plot detail that they've hinted at here.
                            That is a fantastic idea. What if one of those politicians is behind the Vigilante Registration Act?

Comment

Another thought that occurred to me: since Granny's Furies are apparently in positions of power, it's possible that in the Smallville-verse, many acts of terrorism, "natural" disasters, economic crises, outbreaks of disease, civil wars, and other global calamities are all secretly the result of Granny's behind-the-scenes meddling, in order to further destabilize Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184

lol...I could have used Mxyzptlyk's powers yesterday in some of those college games...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎