Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Katerina"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked this episode! I give it a 10.

Comment

Nina Dobrev proved to be much more than eye candy, this episode really showed off some real acting range.

Will bet that Elena is a descendant of Katherine's baby.

Comment

Good episode. I gave it an 8.

Loved the first scene! Nina rocked that! I bet she never thought she would get to play a girl giving birth, on a vampire show.

I liked that Katherine remained the selfish witch she is throughout. I was worried they would try and make her sympathetic, and I would have to feel sorry for her...but i didn't. I like for Katherine to remain what she is. Throughout the episode it was all about her. Even when cried while looking at her parents picture...it wasn't because she felt for her parents...it was all about her and what she lost. Even when she had the chance to make it up to her great great great, etc. grand child, Elena, she didn't. She was going to sacrifice Elena's life so that Klaus hopefully wouldn't kill Katherine. Though I think he'll kill her no matter what, just because of all the trouble she's put him through.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
          Good episode. I gave it an 8.

Loved the first scene! Nina rocked that! I bet she never thought she would get to play a girl giving birth, on a vampire show.

I liked that Katherine remained the selfish witch she is throughout. I was worried they would try and make her sympathetic, and I would have to feel sorry for her...but i didn't. I like for Katherine to remain what she is. Throughout the episode it was all about her. Even when cried while looking at her parents picture...it wasn't because she felt for her parents...it was all about her and what she lost. Even when she had the chance to make it up to her great great great, etc. grand child, Elena, she didn't. She was going to sacrifice Elena's life so that Klaus hopefully wouldn't kill Katherine. Though I think he'll kill her no matter what, just because of all the trouble she's put him through.
          I agree with that. Like Rose said to Trevor at the flashbach, Katerina didn´t love or care abt him, she just used him to steal the moonstone from Klaus. So, she´s a selfish evil girl and she´s always been. No pity for her at all and I´m glad the show didn´t meke us feel pity for her. Next ep traller shows a scene where I think she will try to hurt Jeremy after he comes to get the moonstone in the tomb... If that scene really happens the way I think it will, Katherine will remain evil till Klaus ends her for good.

Abt Jeremy/Bonnie I think we´ll still see something in the future by the next ep´s trailler, not sure though.

Abt Rose... well, I think she´s pretending to care and help Dmaon/Stefan/Elena only in order to get to Katherine and get her revange for Trevor´s death and all the Klaus and The Original´s hunting after her and Trevor. My guess, she´s just using Damon and I feel for him already...
          Last edited by rej@ne; 11-14-2010, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rej@ne
            I agree with that. Like Rose said to Trevor at the flashbach, Katerina didn´t love or care abt him, she just used him to steal the moonstone from Klaus. So, she´s a selfish evil girl and she´s always been. No pity for her at all and I´m glad the show didn´t meke us feel pity for her. Next ep traller shows a scene where I think she will try to hurt Jeremy after he comes to get the moonstone in the tomb... If that scene really happens the way I think it will, Katherine will remain evil till Klaus ends her for good.
            Well the show kinda did. Klaus or Elijah killed her entire family, and when she told Stefan and Elena that, they looked sorry for her. Again, I like Katherine, every scene she's in is that much better. I think she's only evil, because we, the audience, only see things from Stefan or Elena's perspective. If we saw things from Coach Tanner's perspective, Damon would be the king of evil. It's all a matter of perspective.

Abt Rose... well, I think she´s pretending to care and help Dmaon/Stefan/Elena only in order to get to Katherine and get her revange for Trevor´s death and all the Klaus and The Original´s hunting after her and Trevor. My guess, she´s just using Damon and I feel for him already...
            I agree with that. I just know that there's something not right about Rose. I think Damon was a little too quick to trust her in going with her to meet Slater. Damon is a really trusting person; his humanity keeps on coming through.

Comment

Damon needs to turn his humanity off. He's becoming a little too domesticated.....

I actually like Rose. She turned Katherine essentially by accident , and it mirrors Carolines accidental transformation. Both were given blood to speed their injury repair.

However my favorite scene had to be the Cafe with the ultraviolet blocking glass. Pure awesome (and I think Ive seen this done in another tv show.. Ultraviolet). As soon as we saw Elijah give that blind guy the note in exchange for the coins (and I LOVED that touch with not actually stealing the money, he paid for the coins!), I knew they were going to serve a purpose on that glass.

I didnt find the Damon/Rose pairing too strange. She is looking for a Trevor replacement, he is looking for something to take his mind of Elena. It worked for me. Rose dosnt seem as multidimensional as say Damon, Katherine or Stefan. I dont believe that she is devious much at all.... which I guess puts me in disagreeance with most of the people who have already posted. Im pretty sure Elijah is going to kill her though

I LOVED the Vampire controlling Vampire eye wand. Pure A grade awesome there.

Comment

Originally posted by shanemak
                Well the show kinda did. Klaus or Elijah killed her entire family, and when she told Stefan and Elena that, they looked sorry for her. Again, I like Katherine, every scene she's in is that much better. I think she's only evil, because we, the audience, only see things from Stefan or Elena's perspective. If we saw things from Coach Tanner's perspective, Damon would be the king of evil. It's all a matter of perspective.

I agree with that. I just know that there's something not right about Rose. I think Damon was a little too quick to trust her in going with her to meet Slater. Damon is a really trusting person; his humanity keeps on coming through.
                A nd again I have to agree with you. It´s all a matter od perspective but even so I don´t think there´s any hope for a good or, at least, less evil Katherine....

Abt Damon, he´s a trusting persom, yes, but he´s also intelligent and smart and he knows how evil ppl think coz he used to think like them. Hope he can figure out Rose´s real intentions soon (I mean if there are any second intentions)

Comment

I gave it a 9. It was a pretty good episode, the only thing I could have done without was Damon/Rose. I don't really know if I like her or not, either way she was behind Elena's kidnapping. Who knows if she's going to turn on them later or not.

Comment

I want new episodes, dammit!

Comment

Three weeks without a new episode is torture.

But, we will be getting treated to two very big episodes and then a week long marathon after!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎