Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is blue Kryptonite radient? or a contact only? make up your mind writers!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh thanks guys, that makes sense now.

Comment

After Clark's grave was made you saw a gold glow coming from it... me thinks it was gold Kryptonite. Which in Smallville it was used to help heal clark. Either that or Jor-el stepped in to save him, cause whenever Jor-el heals Clark you see a gold glow and then Clark's wounds are magically gone.

Here is some information on Gold Kryptonite:

http://dc.*****.com/wiki/Kryptonite#Gold_Kryptonite

Gold Kryptonite
      First Appearance: Superman Vol 1 #167
      In Pre-Crisis continuity, Gold Kryptonite is one of the more rare variations of Kryptonite found in the DC Universe, and typically exists in the form of a meteor floating through space. Gold Kryptonite has an effective range of two feet, and permanently removes a Kryptonian's super-powers.[1] In many cases, a Kryptonian who has lost their superpowers to Gold Kryptonite may pass similar hereditary traits to their offspring. As such, their children will not develop superhuman abilities under a yellow sun, as they would had their parents still maintained their powers. This characteristic is not a constant however, and it has been theorized some victims of Gold Kryptonite may be able to sire offspring born with natural Kryptonian abilities. In some situations, the effects of Gold Kryptonite can also rob a victim of his memory, as was the case with the Phantom Zone criminal, Quex-Ul.[2] A temporary antidote was once developed that negated the effects of Gold Kryptonite for a short period of time. Superman once encountered gold kryptonite when he had to race against the Flash across the endless reaches of the Universe.[3] Gold Kryptonite also played key roles in several non-canon stories, including the 1986 tale Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?[4], and later in the Superman & Batman: Generations stories.

In Post Crisis continuity, Kryptonite only affects Kryptonians that originate from the same reality. Superman once visited a Pocket Universe, wherein he discovered that three Kryptonian conquerors had devastated the Earth, ultimately conquering it. Superman used gold kryptonite to remove their powers. Although the criminals were thus apprehended, Superman elected to end their lives by exposing them to green kryptonite, as they had destroyed an entire world and were threatening to do so to his own Earth.[5]
      Luthor's artifical gold kryptonite works basically like the Pre-Crisis Gold, but the interfering effects are only temporary unlike the Pre-Crisis Gold. But as recently shown, if a Kryptonian is using their superhuman abilities in any dangerous effect at the time they are exposed to this artificial Gold K, those exposed Kryptonians will be rendered completely powerless and can die from the situation they are in at the time of their depowering, such as Zod's followers who attacked Metallo. The length of time of the interference is presently unknown, and its effective range seems limited to only be within a short distance of a few yards

Comment

Originally posted by Niad
        people drank the Blue Kryptonite and so they were full of it and when Clark was near them he didn't have any powers and when Lois was yelling at them at the end they all stepped back and more they did the more his powers worked i thought it was a little clever what the writers did
        But what about all the Blue K spilled all around Clark on the platform??

Comment

Thanks Lisa.

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

Question; This is not related to Smallville, I am new to this site, is my profile picture able to be seen, it is a superman shield?
          Last edited by pennstate; 10-30-2010, 12:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think the fire was blue because of effects (sometimes fire looks blue) not because of blue k. Clark said that the people had drank the water with blue k in it so when he was around them he didn't have his powers. When he was in the house he didn't have his powers because their were people right outside surrounding the house, now when he ran to Lois he did that at normal speed. The reason he got burned was because the people were around him so the fire was able to burn him and when they backed away from him he got his powers back. Hope this helps
            Last edited by darlenejbv; 10-30-2010, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by onebighottie
              After Clark's grave was made you saw a gold glow coming from it..
              That was his healing effect. It was often seen, for example in Doomsday or Lazarus.

The same effect was seen when his back healed from the burning.

Comment

I think at some point you have to accept that these are regular people who's jobs are writers -- they're not geniuses -- and that deadlines necessitate the need to finish a story w/o maybe being able to work through every conceivable plot hole.

For instance, if blue k well-water was used on their crops and fields, the soil would be saturated w/it, which means Clark should've been surrounded by it when buried alive; it wouldn't just be "in the people" (did you see any modern plumbing? Where do you think "the people's" waste went -- into the ground), so his escape should've been impossible. But you can't have Clark die again, so it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by SpitCurl
                  I think at some point you have to accept that these are regular people who's jobs are writers -- they're not geniuses -- and that deadlines necessitate the need to finish a story w/o maybe being able to work through every conceivable plot hole.
                  That's letting them down easy. Usually there should be people checking for inconsitencies and contradictions with the show's bible.

It is possible to write a consistent show. Or at least an episode that is consistent in itself. You just have to want it and not just make stuff up as you go along.

For example: Why would Lois leave the car door open(!) and not even leave a note to Clark under the wiper unless you want to give him and the viewer the impression that she was kidnapped. From within the episode that makes no sense at all.
                  Last edited by DJ Doena; 10-30-2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Essentially these people had traces of blue kryptonite them. When they backed away from his grave, his powers turned back on, and he healed (gold glow). Then you might notice his superspeed wasn't as fast as usual, and he was still vulnerable, because he was back in their presence. Lois backed them up so he could heal.

Plothole: if it's in the people's water, it's in the plant's... But let's just ignore that little fact.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                      That's letting them down easy. Usually there should be people checking for inconsitencies and contradictions with the show's bible.

It is possible to write a consistent show. Or at least an episode that is consistent in itself. You just have to want it and not just make stuff up as you go along...
                      Totally agree, I was definitely letting them down easy. Not to take anything away from SV (obviously I enjoy it enough to watch), but perhaps there's a reason these folks aren't sought-after feature screenwriters, or working for major networks on more "prestige" shows. It's like sports: you have minor-league players who are far more talented than your average fan, but not quite ready (or good enough) for the bigs.

For the sake of my own sanity, I let a lot of those things go, and accept that their collective skill level (or concern for consistency, or heck, even their respect for the viewer's intelligence) might not be through the roof.

Comment

IDK. I was wondering that to but then I just brushed it aside. I mean this is the last season. If SV didn't answer all our unanswered questions in the past, why this? Lets just enjoy the show

Comment

Originally posted by sunny j
                          I Dont think clark was super speeding through the crowd at all. he looked like he running normally to me.
                          Exactly. Why do people keep thinking he supersped through the crowd? I don't remeber a blur sound or a blur effect. He just ran. He's a big 6'4" man who has a long stride and can run pretty fast.

Comment

Blue Kryptonite

Could an explanation for the fast healing be given to the mark Clark received in Shield?

Comment

Personally I wouldn't think too hard on this whole Blue K issue. Just like with their green counterparts the effect is as strong and last as long as the writer needs it for that particular episode.

Just like the shields of the Enterprise hold as long as it's necessary for the plot.

Comment

It might be that the the more Blue K that is present, the stronger the effect on Clark becomes. In "Blue," the small ring worked because Clark was touching it. In this episode, since the entire town had been eating it, it perspired through their bodies, affecting Clark.

It's a long stretch of a theory or what is an obvious plothole, but I think it might work.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎