Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked this episode.

Jared's acting is on a higher level this season. He can play this different Sam extremely well.

Sam sounded like a monster when he was explaining to Dean what is wrong with him, so I approve of Dean beating him up.

Comment

One of my favorite's this season! I enjoyed it a lot!

Comment

I am loving this season and this was no exception.

Serinda Swann as Veritas was sweet.

I love, love, love the bar scene with Dean and boob job woman. That had me

Comment

Originally posted by Eurynome
          There really hasn't been anyone else that Dean has fought for, and I didn't buy the Dean/Cassie relationship.
          I agree. Those two together made me gag, but I could never figure out if it was just because the actress who played Cassie was more concerned about presenting her body to the camera than she was about playing the part well, or because the characters just didn't go together. I like Lisa and Dean, though obviously they can't be together as long as Dean is hunting.

Comment

I was actually hoping Dean would punch Sam in the last episode but this was even better!!! Sam got a real beating! I'm so glad! Sam ruined so much for Dean!
            I did like the conversation between Dean and Bobby when the truth was coming out. That was hilarious!
            About Lisa and Ben, I really loved how Dean went to them. Seeing Dean as a father-figure was really neat. Plus, as some of you already said, Lisa understands Dean and his hunting lifestyle so I think that's really great!
            I can understand how they can be distracting for Dean. Although I think it would be great if he did go back to them every once in a while.
            I do like the idea of Dean and Sam having a terrible ending. That would be just like the show to do something like that as a series finale. It would be sad, but way intense.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Oh, and I forgot to add, I love how Smallville and Supernatural are pretty much sharing actors! It's great to see Zatanna as a Supernatural goddess!!! Love!
            Last edited by seawolf24; 11-01-2010, 09:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

This episode was excellent, IMO.

An interesting hunt, Serinda was great as Veritas (from Zatanna to a Goddess. Girl is doing good for herself!), Sam and Dean had some great moments and we even learned the truth of what's up with Sam. Also, the truth spilling was funny (and a bit sad in places).

I almost gave it a 10 but held back for reasons I will explain in a bit.

First, that scene with the waitress in the beginning was a total downer. Very sad.

Then we head to Bobby (did anyone else wonder what Dean was interrupting when he called? Now that we know what Bobby 'does' after WAB? I did) and talk about Sam.

The interview with the sister (and whoa, Sam could tell she was lying?) and Sam's super serious face. Also, who else knew it was a tell (I even said it "that's a tell") right before Sam said it? *hand up* Was kinda cool.

The bit with the dentist and the Dad. Yikes. (and I feel sorry for the daughter. First, she's molested then the Dad commits suicide after being arrested. Girl is going to be in therapy for years!)

Dean volunteering for research? *hums Twilight Zone theme*
              And then the reveal that he's looking into what Sam could be.

The idea that it's the horn of truth (oh Gabriel/Trickster! How we miss you!) and then Cas stopping in. The definite thing that it's not Samifer again and also not the horn (which those of us who had read the spoilers already knew! LOL). That whole scene between Cas and Dean was very well done.

Dean in the bar (anyone else notice Serinda/Veritas one the screen and flash back to how she'd been on for the waitress as well? *hand up* A little obvious, writers.) and invoking the truth. That whole bit with the women in the bar was both funny and a bit sad.

Bobby watches Tori and Dean? And thinks Tori is underrated? I will never look at Bobby the same way ever again! That whole scene, actually, was wonderful.

Ooo, when Lisa called I thought 'this is not going to be good' and it wasn't. My heart went out to him but I was also a little mad at Lisa. Yeah, Dean pushed her kid (and I'd be angry too) but if he hadn't pushed him away he would have made a meal out of him. Now, granted, Dean should have told her that (I think Lisa could have handled it) but even not knowing that she should have known Dean well enough to know there was a reason he did that. *huffs*

Dean's confrontation with Sam and Sam saying he "froze". Oh he was so lying! And I wondered how he could be lying (knew it was part of the mystery of Sam now).

Hunting Veritas (big time EW on the bodies and even more on the tongue thing. Though I'd be interested in asking exactly what poor Serinda had to eat--I'm sure it wasn't real tongue, though I know you can buy tongue meat.) and them being captured, then the Q&A scenes were just...wow.

Sam's reactions to Dean's truths (oh Dean! I though the was over this "I'm a killer" thing) and then the reveal that Sam can lie to Veritas? Dean's horrified shock but he still helps gank her (another God they've killed. Really racking up on them).

Then getting Sam to admit he let Dean get vamped and then the reveal he can't feel (anyone else flash on Buffy? When she came back and she couldn't feel?) and then Dean beating the crap out of Sam (whoa, overreact much, Deano?!). And the abruptness of that ending...

Then the preview (wow, big spoilers there, gang!). I think it was the ending and the preview (along with my disappointment in Lisa) that led me to take that 1 point off.

I talked about how I felt about the soulless!Sam thing on the thread about it but just to reiterate here--seems a bit unoriginal (very Angel, the series. And that's 2 times in this episode I had Buffy flashbacks.).

But on the whole a great episode.

Comment

Maybe the best episode this season.

I think this is my best episode this season because it gave me some answers I was dying to know! At least now we know what has happened to Sam and this season has gotten really interesting.

What I loved about this episode was how they tied a lot of things that has happened. Cas coming back, all different, Lisa and Dean's relationship, and most importanly: Sam and the brother's relationship. It was just awesome.

Serinda Swan played a very good Veritas. I loved her on Smallville, and I loved her on this episode too. Even though it was pretty disgusting to see her eat that tounge

The episode started like any case, which I loved. With a girl, getting some awful realizations about herself, which drove her to kill herself. Then after that, we saw Dean being worry about who Sam was, and I liked that. I liked that Dean knows who his brother is and all that. Supernatural is good on continuation of the story.

The funniest part in the episode was ofc when Dean was sitting at the bar and the girl talked about her boobs. Lol at Dean stepping back slowly to get another peak Bobby telling him that he loved Tori Spelling and his life, and talking about Dean being his favourite, just another Lol for me

The ending scene, even though it was pretty heartwrenching it was very good. Jared P was very good in expressing his emotions (the guy has really improved those last seasons). It was a very good twist they gave out there about what Sam has been missing. I liked that a lot. Good job, writers! The last ending was pretty weird, that Dean gave him that many punches. I think it was way too many, even though Sam deserved it. He could have limited himself with just 4-5 punches. Not that many!

Overall, a great episode. The best this season. I give this one a 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                  Serinda Swan played a very good Veritas. I loved her on Smallville, and I loved her on this episode too. Even though it was pretty disgusting to see her eat that tounge
                  Agreed completely. I have been really impressed with Serinda. BTW, did you know that she's been on SPN before?

She was the hospital receptionist in the season 1 episode Salvation.

Now it makes you wonder if that was Veritas, doesn't it? (it did me!)

Comment

I really liked this episode... Serinda Swan was a pleasant surprise (I had no idea she was going to be in this episode), although she was on the show once before as a hospital receptionist (with no lines, I think)

I like all the truths that came out, but I'm not sure how I feel about Dean beating Sam up

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎