No announcement yet.

Clark's lack of concern about Chloe

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
    *hugs Christine back* You are so sweet -- thank you for sharing your encouragement, which I know has to be a bit tough for ya considering your lack of Chlarky love, LOL! I really do appreciate it, and I think what you said is pretty spot-on! Clark does seem to trust Chloe the most out of anybody at this point, and if he trusts her decision-making skills as much as he appears to, then he's not going to be bringing up Chloe at every opportunity. His wistful reminiscence of the first time she showed him the Wall of Weird, and the smile that accompanied, was enough proof to me that he still cares, and I don't have to hear him talking about her every fifteen minutes to prove it to myself even more.
    Yes Jeff we all know Chlark has been 10 years together tptb wont forget that. It was proven the way Clois was done 1-7 and 1/4 the part of season 8. I guess everybody for got homecoming and how he smiles at memories of Chloe NOT Lana (he looked pissed and annoyed imo).They know who their fans are. Clark may not have like Chloe decisions or always trusted her. That goes both ways because they both messed up. But he knows she had to do what was need. OLLIE should take a lesson and learn to trust his woman. Lois came back and if Ollie can learn to have faith in her they can write it that she comes back that way also. He is looking kind of pathetic right now and i feel it is a main reason why she has stayed away. i think Chloe expected better of Ollie.

i Know lois should mention Chloe but Chlo-Lo has sucked IMO since the start of season 6 when TPTB decided to make the girls go into competition. So i will be happy if we get little to no Chlo-Lo scenes. find it very unrealistic. Even when they try to show they care for each other some unneeded drama is always thrown in. I can count on my hand the # of nice ChloLo vs the jealous and snarky ones in seasons 6-9.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
      Honestly what pain? It seems like they could stand about 10 feet apart with no problem. It's sad to think that if they loved eachother something as small as that would cause one of them to run away before they both explored all options. It's why I can't buy the whole tragicness of the breakup because they were either to lazy or stupid to try fix it. And since I don't think either is stupid I go with lazy.
      Yes the tragic ending wasn't tragic it was ridiculous. They could be together just not be close together and yet Lana chose to leave forever. That is a romantic story?

Comment

Yea they are not two year olds. They are 23 year old women. Clark is just respecting their choices. What is Clark supposed to do? Hold their hands and guide them throughout their lives? Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloisdestined
          What do people expect the show to do? Create a statute of Chloe and have everyone worship her in each episode?
          THIS!

Honestly, Clark made it pretty clear in Shield that he is respecting her choices, a very refreshing departure from what he used to do with her
          Chloe said trust me. Clark trusted her. What's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaftell
            Sure we don't want Clark spending episode after episode talking about how much he misses Chloe, but would it hurt to mention her once for a second? How hard is it to say, "Yeah, I miss her too" and then move on to the scene. And this whole thing about them knowing she's safe doesn't make sense. How do they know she is safe? They're basing it all on a bottle that she left behind. IMO, they're not doing a very good job with the whole Chloe being somewhere else thing.
            true

Comment

Originally posted by Shaftell
              Sure we don't want Clark spending episode after episode talking about how much he misses Chloe, but would it hurt to mention her once for a second? How hard is it to say, "Yeah, I miss her too" and then move on to the scene. And this whole thing about them knowing she's safe doesn't make sense. How do they know she is safe? They're basing it all on a bottle that she left behind. IMO, they're not doing a very good job with the whole Chloe being somewhere else thing.
              I can partially agree with that, Nicole. I think they're trying to do the best with the situation they've been given. The method they used to write Chloe out of the plot for a while was rather... contrived, from my point of view, although I'm not really sure how they could have done it differently... Anyway, back on the topic of Clark's supposed lack of concern about Chloe: I would like to hear him say the exact words "I miss Chloe," but the flashback in "Homecoming," to me, implied that he definitely feels that way. The smile, the lingering look at the missing Wall of Weird, the wistful stare at her name tag. Yeah, the guy misses his BFF, and wishes she was back, but he will wait patiently for her to return, and enjoy the life he has now until she does so, and I can't possibly fault C.K. for doing that.

Comment

Look I think Clark and Chloe had a great friendship for 7 years, until she decided she could handle things on her own in season 8. The results of her handling things led to her husband dying and her obsession with spying, which led to her relationship with Ollie wich ultimatley led to her choice to put on Fates helmet and skip town. Now Clark initially didn't like Chloe taking all those risks and tried AD NASEUM to get her to stop. But she continued to do what she felt she had to do (for reasons that make little sense to me). She made her choice to leave clark, oliver, the JLA and watchtower. She saw the future and chose to go.

And now we have to listen to Oliver opine about her being gone every week why? Continuty is one thing but consistant battering of a charachter's plot to keep another charachter who isn't on screen anymore in the viewers minds is quite another. I want Oliver to get his own story where he can be a hero and not some kid with snot rags fallin out of his pockets because his girlfriend is gone. That is not the Green Arrow I know and love.

Comment

Originally posted by Clana4Life
                  It's just the fact that he can't be sure that Chloe is okay. Honestly, Chloe could have been kidnapped just like Lana and coerced into saying she was okay. It's strange that he only tried calling and felt like that was enough. It would be one thing if he could be sure she did this of her own accord; he can't. We all thought Lana left of her own accord to until we found out Lex had her kidnapped. I think it's out of character for Clark not to seek Chloe out at all - at the very least to make sure she's doing well. And Lana left to spare them both pain - not because she didn't love or want to be with him. Clark of yesteryear would continue saving people, but he'd also continue investigating possible cures for her by keep in touch with Dr. Grohl or consulting Dr. Emil.
                  Is forgetting deep human connections a mark of maturity these days? This isn't just John Doe down the street. We're talking about Chloe and Lana - people who have been there from the beginning.
                  You know not all people are Chloe and Lana fans. What about the people of the fans that came in later. Does that make me less of and SV fan because i dont care about them, What about the actors that decided to stay and are on now. They should matter the most because they are apart of the show now. That was the past and to ask people from the past to be lifted up over the people that are on there now is wrong. They put in there work and now these actors are putting in their and deserve every moment of the spot light now because they are there now not back then.

Comment

What is this nonsense about Oliver pining EVERY week? So far I've only seen him really do so in shield and tonights episode. He misses her and I'm friggin happy I'm shown that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloisdestined
                      Yea they are not two year olds. They are 23 year old women. Clark is just respecting their choices. What is Clark supposed to do? Hold their hands and guide them throughout their lives? Jesus.
                      And what is the final year of Superman supposed to be about? Everyone looking for Chloe? AM leaves and suddenly the show is FORCED to revolve around her character? No thanks. Clark Kent, the character who has been here from the beginning, who is the lead character, who has been in every single episode, and who is STILL here deserves better. He deserves to move on with her storyline, find his perfect partner, mature, be happy and have a life!

Everyone keeps talking about Chloe and Lana and their importance. Well that PALES in comparison to Clark's importance, and I"m sorry but I don't want to see Clark's final episodes being sacrificed and monopolized by Chloe.

In the grand scheme of things, she's irrelevant. And if TPTB want to sacrifice Oliver's storyline for Chloe. They can go ahead and are already doing that, but let's not ruin Clark's journey. He's far too important for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Audrey229
                        Yeah...I don't want to give the impression that I'm not sympathetic to what the Chloe fans are going through because I honestly am. I remember how it felt a few years ago to watch an episode without Lois and to feel very very angry because it was literally like she dropped off the face of the earth. I hated that. So I truly do feel for you guys.

I just wish they could find a better way to do it. And I admit outright that I'm not into Chollie at all. I totally understand that the Chollie shippers love hearing Oliver talk about how much he misses her/talking about how he lost someone that he loved. I truly do understand that. I'm so glad that that is working for them and keeping them invested with Allison gone. It's just that...for me? It's not working. My favorite scenes with Chloe have always involved Lois. I was very upset that they cut the Chlo-Lo scene in Lazarus. So if people are going to mention her...I'd just rather it was done in a different way in order to help me feel more invested in this plotline. Right now, I feel like it's hard to be invested in it unless you're a Chollie fan. Which is great for those fans. It's just it leaves me feeling cold. Anyway, thanks for your views.

I wouldn't mind if other characters mentioned Chloe. As I said previously, I don't expect Clark to mope or have a vigil but to not even mention once that he misses her is sad. He could've said he missed her in Shield or even in tonight's episode, but by having him not mentioning that he misses her or something makes it seem like he doesn't miss her. IMO A onetime mention isn't asking for a lot, imo.

As for Chlo-Lo I think they are pretty much dead in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by doodie8808
                          Yes Jeff we all know Chlark has been 10 years together tptb wont forget that. It was proven the way Clois was done 1-7 and 1/4 the part of season 8. I guess everybody for got homecoming and how he smiles at memories of Chloe NOT Lana (he looked pissed and annoyed imo).They know who their fans are. Clark may not have like Chloe decisions or always trusted her. That goes both ways because they both messed up. But he knows she had to do what was need. OLLIE should take a lesson and learn to trust his woman. Lois came back and if Ollie can learn to have faith in her they can write it that she comes back that way also. He is looking kind of pathetic right now and i feel it is a main reason why she has stayed away. i think Chloe expected better of Ollie.

i Know lois should mention Chloe but Chlo-Lo has sucked IMO since the start of season 6 when TPTB decided to make the girls go into competition. So i will be happy if we get little to no Chlo-Lo scenes. find it very unrealistic. Even when they try to show they care for each other some unneeded drama is always thrown in. I can count on my hand the # of nice ChloLo vs the jealous and snarky ones in seasons 6-9.
                          WORD to the part you said about Clark's feelings towards Chloe. You are exactly right, IMO. Spot-on analysis, Christine! Both characters have messed up, especially over the past couple of years, but I think it has led them both to finally realize that, after holding each other up on a pedestal for so long, they're both only human (well, a human and a Kryptonian raised by humans, LOL), and they're bound to make mistakes. But they've grown to the point where they trust each other in spite of them, and know that they'll learn from them to become even stronger characters in the long run.

Comment

Side note, but if chloe can be bothered to contact two strangers last week in homecoming something tells me she's chosing not to contact clark and Ollie for a reason. jmho

Comment

Originally posted by Nivea
                              What is this nonsense about Oliver pining EVERY week? So far I've only seen him really do so in shield and tonights episode. He misses her and I'm friggin happy I'm shown that much.

I know he does misses her and that is awesome for us Chollie fans

Comment

MOD NOTE: Please do not respond to trolling

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎