Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think about Live Free Or Twi-Hard?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Gordon really wanted to feed because he knew he would become stronger, which excited him knowing that he would finally be strong enough to kill Sam. Cure or not, I think Gordon would've been the type of person that is lustful over power, as Sam was back in season four.

Comment

I tried to read Twilight once and just...couldn't get far. But I know a little about it (it's difficult to avoid) and what I saw on screen seemed so spot perfect to what I knew.
      The dialogue between Robert and Kristin...I was totally shaking my head (in a good way).

Dean and Sam in that room..."these aren't vampires, man...these are douchebags". I thought that was a cute scene back when i saw it in previews and it remained so now.

Dean and Sam looking so out of place in the bar and then the vamp guy calling Dean pretty.

And then the scene. Sam letting Dean get vamped. I watched it, rewound it and then watched it again. And wondered WTF but figured there was a reason, right? Maybe it was their back up plan?

Dean as a vamp. Kinda sexy but mostly just annoying. And then the stuff with Lisa (did anyone notice he went to her and said thanks but not that he loved her?! I kinda enjoyed that.) and the confrontation with Samuel.

Finding out that Sam knew about the cure (oh, ok, that's why he thought it was ok for Dean to get vamped. Cause they had a cure) and then realizing that it was making Grandpa Samuel nervous (which is really not good!)? So then I was wondering, did Sam do it on purpose? (more on that later.)

Also at this point, as we were went through the vamps and met a 600 year old I thought "so much for Papa Winchester telling the boys in Season 1 that vampires were extinct and that Daniel Elkins had wiped them out!"

OK, anyone else watch that weird montage thing and just go "we need Jensen to direct again". Cause that? Was....I don't even have a word.

Then Sam asking him what he saw (did Sam know he was going to have visions/montage/whatever?) and the cure. And Dean seeing that Sam saw him get vamped. The idea of a vampire army (and where the hell is Lenore and her pacified vamps?) seems a little weak but the idea that the things that go bump in the night are not scared of hunters anymore? Interesting.

OK, and now onto the crux. Sam's behaviour. I have been defending it all along, saying it's understandable, that he's Sam being Dean, etc. I could take him being cold, using people, etc. But to use Dean like that? To be that callous with Dean?
      NOT COOL and also not canon. Back in EOMS we saw that Dean brings out Sam's humanity and nicer side. Why would he do that then with Dean with him? Yeah, ok, he knew there was a cure and Dean was reasonably safe. But that was only if Dean didn't feed. And seeing how easily Dean slipped from Sam....
      For Sam to be that way with his brother?

That crosses a line. I still don't think that Sam 'came back wrong' or is 'not!Sam' or what but I have to wonder if he there's something more to this now. Because if this is the way Sam is now? Then all I have to say is "FIX HIM NOW, SERA!!!"

When Grandpa Samuel said that I was like "Winchesters are way better than Campbells. Except Mary." Who is a Winchester by marriage, of course. Hey, I'd rather have Adam fighting by my side than any of the Campbells (again, except Mary. And maybe Samantha. She seemed cool. So I guess Campbell women are ok. The men...not so much.).

So overall...the Twilight stuff was funny and Dean being vamped made for some sexy shots (seriously, when he returned from visiting Lisa and turned around and was reading to get chopped--unf!) but mostly this episode was a bit disappointing.

I ended up giving it a 6. This was the first ep of this season to get so low a vote from me.

Comment

I'm on the bandwagon when it comes to the fact that Sam's soul may be gone, or twisted, so saying that Dean brings out Sam's humanity doesn't make any more sense now just because Sam cannot have humanity and a nicer side when his soul isn't the way it once was.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎