Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Circle (The CW) - Original Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so beyond excited for this!! I read the books after I read The Vampire Diaries, and I actually enjoyed The Secret Circle books a lot more than I liked TVD, the story is better, and the characters are more likeable, especially the main female character Cassie.

I don't want to see it as a spin off from TVD though, the books are completely different with no ties to one another, so I don't see why the TV shows should be. Yes, Bonnie's a witch, in the TV show, but in the books she wasn't. I can see this show being paired up with TVD in the schedule, I would bet that if Nikita gets a second season that they will move it to promote a new show.

Very excited though about the possibility, trying to not get my hopes too high about this one though, like I did with Betwixt, only to see it end up an epic fail on the CW's part. Lol.

Comment

It's not exactly a "spin-off" persay... I think that may be up in the air. I think it's more likely that crossovers could occur.

Comment

I actually wouldn't call it a spin-off. I am just using that word because it's much easier to say than "a TV series based off the book created by the same author and is also bringing over writers from the other show" really.

And I made an error in my above post. Nikita is actually the next highest scripted show to The Vampire Diaries.

Comment

I havn´t read the books yet and didn´t know of them before finding out about this project... Are the books any good? Does the main character have any powers?

AND, does anyone know if this project is intended for next fall or as a show over the summer, since the anounncement was made pretty early...?

Comment

the books are better than the vampire diaries books (i personally think) and cassie is a witch so she has powers. they have done the powers in the vampire diaries the same was as the powers in the books, bonnie has control over fire while cassie has control over water and/or fire. other than that i don't know the answers to your other questions but write the now they are writting the pilot episode. the cw hasn't ordered this to a filmed pilot yet.

Comment

Bought the book today and couldn´t stop reading. Even read in between classes. I think that Cassie and Faye are my favorite...but who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixforce86
                Bought the book today and couldn´t stop reading. Even read in between classes. I think that Cassie and Faye are my favorite...but who knows...
                soooo glad you bought them! seriously an awesome series of books... can't wait to see what you think at the end (They rank up there as one of my favorite series I read when I was in high school)

Comment

How many books are there?

Right now I so can't afford more books--time or money wise.

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark

Three

Comment

yep 3 but I think she condensed them into 2 books now so it's a little bit cheaper

Before: The Initiation, The Captive and Then the Power

Now book one is The Initiation and the first half of The Captive
                      Book two is the second part of The Captive and the entire book The Power.

If you can't afford them, would check them out from the library as they are totally worth the read. I read my originals in highschool so many times the bindings broke.. LOL

Comment

Thanks, I may do that. Is it just a trilogy or will there be more?

Comment

Thanks, I may do that. Is it just a trilogy or will there be more?
                          Just a trilogy so far.. but who knows.. LJ Smith started writing additional VD books once the show started so maybe in the future?

Comment

Yeah, and we all know that TVD have taken liberties with characters so who knows. There is always room for new storylines.

Comment

There were rumors earlier today on E! Online that The CW would push Secret Circle up earlier to replace Life Unexpected, but that part of the article has now been mysteriously removed, which means either it's not happening or that information wasn't ready to come out yet.

I think it would be cool to have a Spring "preview" of a new series like that, but if it's one of The CW's big Fall 2011 launches, I'm sure that would do well, too.

Comment

that's exciting news and depressing news at the same time! I'm going to miss Life Unexpected. It's a great show. But I'm REALLY excited about Secret Circle!! Hope they do as well in casting as they did for TVD.

What do you think of the actress that plays LUX on life unexpected playing one of the witches?? Maybe Cassie?

----- Added 37 Minutes later -----

The CW could possibly do a show out of all of her series...L.J. Smith has such great series. I think her DARK VISIONS series would be an awesome addition. It's a bit different from vampires, werewolfs and witches...
                                Last edited by Sugar; 11-03-2010, 06:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎