Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spin-off ideas - which would you like to see? (merged)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Justice League show would be awesome, especially if it started after "Smallville" ends, so I'll still my weekly Superman fix....

Just not on the CW!

They can barely afford to show Clark's powers alone on SV, how could they possibly show MULTIPLE heroes in action?

Comment

I am all for a Justice League show... just not on The CW.

Comment

It would be cool just not the same writers and not on The CW

Comment

I dont even think they can use the phrase "Justice League" on SV because of the movie studios.

Assuming there was no conflict with the studios, I still don't know if I'd like a JL series based off Smallville.

The only cool character is JH and GA.

I like Kyle Gallner's Impulse but I can't see him as the real Flash.

And if the series takes place after SV, after Clark goes off to the Fortress in the finale, obviously Clark won't be able to appear in the series.

So I'd rather a JL series just be a complete reboot instead of a spinoff. A new universe. New cast.

Al/Miles' "Mercy Reef" seemed like a fresh start too, that didnt fall into continuity with Smallville..so it seems like the likely direction.

Comment

Originally posted by origin
            I am all for a Justice League show... just not on The CW.
            Me too.

Comment

Yeah CW is wrong for the show.

Maybe Fox would be better.

Terminator is WB but Fox still secured the rights to air Sarah Connor, so it certainly IS possible.

Fox also airs my favorite show ever, 24. The most badass show on TV.

If a Justice League series can be 1/10 of how sic 24 is, I'd be happy... but it has no chance of being great on CW.

Comment

24 is a sick show, thats the only 2 shows i watch, smallville... because i am a superman fan and 24 cause its badass, a justice league series would be cool but u can only go so far, ecspecially if u are not going to stick with the comic books

Comment

JL would be cool.
                  As long as they kept the came actors

Comment

Smallville Spinoff Ideas

With Season 8 possibly being its last, some may want Smallville (or parts of it anyway) to survive or continue on in some way. You might be one of those people.

So here's your chance to post your "dream spinoff" idea. Feel free to include a possible name for your series idea and a brief (or detailed) description of what your dream spinoff series would look like, if you wish.

(You can be serious or humorous, doesn't matter.)

Comment

I'd love to see a Superman spinoff but Tom Welling said he won't do it and I couldn't watch a Superman show without Lex. So I chose the Justice League.

I would love...LOVE...to see a Batman show that shows the death of Robin II (Jason Todd) by the Joker in the Pilot as a flashback & show Bruce Wayne gets darker & darker and harder on himself because of it. And I would love it to include the events that happened in the comics where Jason Todd returns as Red Hood and haunts Batman once again. The dynamic between Jason (who has similar skills as Batman but believes in killing) and Batman would make for an incredible TV show. I would love to see Jason's anger of Batman not killing the Joker for what he did to him portrayed in a show.
                      Last edited by xrayvision; 09-28-2008, 06:45 PM.

Comment

A show about the whole JLA (Green Arrow, Impulse, Aquaman, Cyborg, Watchtower, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, and more comic heroes) would be great. And a show about just Green Arrow alone could also be real good. The best would be a show about Tom Welling flying in costume every episode.

But the last thing we need is another season about more dragging out “young” Clark Kent from becoming Superman. Tom Welling will be 33 years old next season.
                        Last edited by ForzaItalia; 09-28-2008, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForzaItalia
                          A show about the whole JLA (Green Arrow, Impulse, Aquaman, Cyborg, Watchtower, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, and more comic heroes) would be great.
                          Not sure if you're into it, but NBC's Heroes is already beating them to the punch in some ways. Some of the stuff that's happened this season so far in Smallville (like Tess recruiting Bette etc) is reminding me of Heroes. With Heroes though everyone's powers are basically connected in some way (evolution/brain stuff) which to me works better. I'm not a fan of comic book superhero universes being mixed together myself--I prefer universes being kept separate. The short-lived 'Birds of Prey' handled things similarly to Heroes, with a unifying concept ("meta-humans") to account for super-freaks in general. Smallville also did this for a while, with the idea of "meteor freaks". However that all changed when they brought in Bart, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, etc, turning Smallville far more into a cartoon than it needed to be (imo).

And a show about just Green Arrow alone could also be real good.
                          I'm with you there. Season 6 was one of my favorite seasons, and the GA/Oliver character (and actor) was a big part of that for sure. However, Justin Hartley already had his big chance to go solo (as Aquaman) before his GA stint on SV, and that series was "dead in the water" (bad pun intended) before it ever really began. For this reason he might not be given another shot to be the star of his own series--although since he and the GA character are already established/known on SV that might change things. (I saw the pilot for Aquaman with JH and thought it was promising. It could have been good.)

But the last thing we need is another season about more dragging out “young” Clark Kent from becoming Superman. Tom Welling will be 33 years old next season.
                          For sure. He's 32 next year (in 2009) but I guess you're referring to the second half of the season next year (2010). His age is definitely showing (it's almost distracting in a way, lol). Personally I think he's already too old to even be Superman much less a young Supes/Clark Kent. If you go back to Season 1, or even Season 4, he looked so much different/younger. That's one of the biggest indicators that it's high time for Smallville to wrap things up, imo. I mean Superman's not supposed to grow old, right. He needs to look like he's in his prime, forever (to me anyway).
                          Last edited by Xanderman; 09-29-2008, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I have always said that they should have introduced Bruce Wayne last year, establish the character, then spin him off into the show: Gotham. Thats my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                              I would love...LOVE...to see a Batman show that shows the death of Robin II (Jason Todd) by the Joker in the Pilot as a flashback & show Bruce Wayne gets darker & darker and harder on himself because of it. And I would love it to include the events that happened in the comics where Jason Todd returns as Red Hood and haunts Batman once again. The dynamic between Jason (who has similar skills as Batman but believes in killing) and Batman would make for an incredible TV show. I would love to see Jason's anger of Batman not killing the Joker for what he did to him portrayed in a show.
                              I don't know comics but your idea sounds great. You're making me miss Birds of Prey, heh. (I don't know if you liked that show, apparently a lot of comics buffs were turned off by it...they really trashed the show back then. lol, I'm sure that didn't help keep it on the air.)

Originally posted by Azra-El
                              I have always said that they should have introduced Bruce Wayne last year, establish the character, then spin him off into the show: Gotham. Thats my 2 cents.
                              They had their chance with "Adam Knight"...for a time it almost seemed like we did have a young Bruce W back in season 3 with Adam.

Comment

A show about the whole Justice League (including Green Arrow, Impulse, Aquaman, Cyborg, and Black Canary, and maybe a couple others) would be best. Don't get me wrong, a solo show about Green Arrow would be really good too, but a show about the whole League would be the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎