No announcement yet.

What Is Up With Clark?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Up With Clark?

Ok, after waiting so long for the premiere, I feel a little guilty for saying this....

But I didn't like Clark too much in Lazarus; his reactions to Lois seem all wrong and out of sync with what he told her in Salvation, his talk with Jor-El seemed too arrogant. I know Clark's pride is one arc this season but I feel cheated. They created a decisive, mature, responsible, and strong Clark in Salvation, only to run him down in Lazarus.

I just did not like Clark too much in his ep. I hope this won't continue.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Originally posted by Loislovesclark
    But I didn't like Clark too much in Lazarus; his reactions to Lois seem all wrong and out of sync with what he told her in Salvation, his talk with Jor-El seemed too arrogant. I know Clark's pride is one arc this season but I feel cheated. They created a decisive, mature, responsible, and strong Clark in Salvation, only to run him down in Lazarus.

I just did not like Clark too much in his ep. I hope this won't continue.

Does anyone else feel the same?
    I think he was surprised to see Lois to say the least. But he was also pressed for time and had to get back to Chloe regarding Cadmus Labs. So in some ways yeah we were robbed of the passion but he was supposed to meet her at the barn and "talk"

In terms of the Jor-El/Clark scenes, I think Clark was more frustrated that anything else. No matter what he does, Jor-El isn't pleased. He didn't even bring him back to life giving him a second chance. Imagine hearing that from your dad. I'd be very frustrated. At the end of the FOS scene, there was almost a tear in Clark's eye. This came together in Jonathan Kent/Clark scene. He was angry telling Jonathan that he almost killed people and to him that's the reason he thinks Jor-El thinks he failed. He even says something along of these words: I don't even know how I got here. Poor guy. He's struggling that's for sure.

I think this is Clark's final test. To come to terms with people dying along the way, collateral damage so to speak, so that justice may prevail in the end.

Comment

I get Clark's reaction to Jor-El AI who has got to be the most bipolar computer ever! I guess I'm having problems accepting the pride arc since I never saw his pride as being problematic for him; so I feel I'm being asked to accept something as a problem which I never thought it was, and expected to feel joy at resolution of a problem which for me never existed in the first place!! Jeez, does that make sense?!!

Anyhow, we need strong and sure Clark back is all I'm hoping!!

Comment

I think by the end of episode 200 clark will be back to being awesome.

Comment

Yeah I totally see where Loisloveclark is coming from. He was the absolute MAN in Salvation, willing to take on Zod, forfeiting his powers and even his very life by stabbing himself with the blue-K, just to send Zod to face justice on another planet. IMO he earned the right to wear the technicolors right there in that episode.

The "woohoo I'm awesome I saved everyone" vibe he gave off in the fortress in this episode felt a bit too forced deliberate. Yeah I too feel I'm being asked to accept something as a problem which I never thought it was, (Clark's pride and vanity) and expected to feel joy at resolution of a problem which for me never existed in the first place.

Another thing I don't get is why is he beating himself up for "nearly killing people" when all he did was save Lois, people in metropolis and just gave Lex-clone a little choke? And everyone seems to be having a go at him now for his pride and inner darkness. Jeez, it's not as if he is or ever was, as corrupt as Lionel and Lex were. Look how many lives he's saved.

Comment

Mmm

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎