Collapse
No announcement yet.

smallville to be made into movies

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

smallville took a cue from my original post and in the second to last episode featured the beginning of the legion of doom, marionette ventures- which included solomon grundy, giganta, captain cold, the toyman, black manta, and possibly metallo/bizarro/or brainiac depending on what you'd prefer them to be. And if the final episode, a president luthor was taking the podium on tv, I only hope a live action movie is in the works

Comment

Originally posted by deusexmachina
      I only hope a live action movie is in the works
      Nope.

Comment

will never happen

Comment

SV's strength was it's casting - most of them probably wouldn't return after doing it 7+ seasons. The baggage from the plots, backstory and characters would make it too complex yet not big enough to deserve a (series of) movie(s).

Comment

I used to want to see a Smallville movie (though never in place of a legitimate Superman movie), but they had their chance to give us something grand with Superman in the finale, and they failed. I really don't think anyone affiliated with Smallville would know what to do with a feature film.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
              I used to want to see a Smallville movie (though never in place of a legitimate Superman movie), but they had their chance to give us something grand with Superman in the finale, and they failed. I really don't think anyone affiliated with Smallville would know what to do with a feature film.
              though the chances for screwing up a movie seem infinite let's not forget the smallville crew always knew how to buckle down and deliver when they really put their minds to it. true, a bunch of smallville episodes seemed slapped together. and i more than once questioned whether these writers even talked to each other given how many plotholes and retcons appeared. but episodes like Absolute Justice (a sorta movie in its own right), the Finale, Reckoning... i applaud them. so i think that if they were to create something BIG they could do it.

Comment

I would be thrilled if we could get the original cast back for a Smallville movie even if it's for TV.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan87
                  Absolute Justice
                  At times SV felt really cinematic. For me Absolute Justice was the pinnacle of what Smallville created. From beginning to the end it was just glorious. The writing, direction, shots and action...it felt like a movie with a beginning, middle and ending despite working in the confounds of a show with a season long plot that didn't directly tie into this.

Comment

^^Even with Clark not being featured enough, Absolute Justice was a well made episode and I enjoyed it...Checkmate was a plot in AJ and we saw more of it during the season.

Comment

Yeah Checkmate tied in with the Kandorian arc and was well done. I still consider AJ as a fairly standalone piece though.

Comment

Originally posted by j03superbat
                        Well, unfortunately for you, that's simply not happening.
                        May be yes. May be no

Comment

When I first saw this, I thought a movie as in the style of Anime movies based on anime series like the Puella Magi Makoda movies.
                          That is, you take all the most important episodes of Smallville, cut and trim them together into full-length movies. Cut out all of the filler, etc and just focus on the ones that had to do a lot with character development.

So Smallville first movie would be mainly the first season (and two, if possible)... and so on forth. It might be nice as an introductory movie for new fans just getting into the show. They don't want to have to buy an entire DVD set, etc especially if they're the ones that find fillers to be terrible... like with the FOTW formula. And it would be pretty nice to see the a few of the seasons condensed into 1-2 hour movies, especially since some certain seasons seemed to drag on too long with certain storylines.

Comment

Id watch that. They did something like that for Supernatural. Enjoyed that too. Id definitely be into anime movies based on SV especially if people like Tom, Erica, Michael and John Schneider voiced their respective characters.

Id imagine they would maybe skip the Dr. Swann eps unless they could use the actual Christopher Reeve performances from them?

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎