No announcement yet.

How did Caroline get in her home?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Caroline get in her home?

Okay, I know this is a really small thing, but it is bugging me. How did Caroline end up in her house? They didn't show it, but it just dawned on me...someone had to invite her in. Vicki couldn't get into her own house after she changed. I guess her mom could have asked/told her to come in off screen, it just seems weird that they didn't explain it. Especially given that they always made a point of showing vamps having to be invited in Season 1.

Oh, I didn't notice that with Vicki... I would assume if it was your own house you were fine.

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark
      Oh, I didn't notice that with Vicki... I would assume if it was your own house you were fine.
      Yeah and remember Logan. He told Damon he couldn't go home because he lived alone so there was no one there to invite him in.

Comment

Yeah...I guess when you become a vampire your home is no longer your home. They probably didn't show it on screen but Caroline (and maybe one of her friends) probably just waited until her mom was home and her mom invited her in...kind of like how Katherine just shows up and people let her in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
          Yeah...I guess when you become a vampire your home is no longer your home. They probably didn't show it on screen but Caroline (and maybe one of her friends) probably just waited until her mom was home and her mom invited her in...kind of like how Katherine just shows up and people let her in.
          Yea, you're probably right, but I think the writers' would go out of their way to show us. I mean being is Sheriff Forbes is so anti-vampire and all, and it would be the first time Caroline enters a home. What I can't beleive is that Stefan let Caroline go, when Vicki was transitioning he had her remain at the boarding house so he can keep a watchful eye on her.

Comment

I think the producers and writers didn't want to show that because they didn't want to devote any more screen time to Caroline.

They probably wanted to save the Caroline/Sheriff Forbes scene for another episode which would have her mom actually discovering she's a vampire.

Kevin Williamson said they were going to give a lot of screen time to Tyler, Matt, and Caroline and get them involved in the main story this season. Which means every episode will require every minute since they gotta fit the werewolf, Caroline and Matt, and Jeremy stories with the Elena, Stefan, Damon, and Katherine ones.

Comment

Well, Elena and Bonnie both knew what was going on, so maybe they went inside first and invited Caroline in?

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Investigations
                Well, Elena and Bonnie both knew what was going on, so maybe they went inside first and invited Caroline in?
                Doesn't the invite have to come from someone who lives there?

So it had to be her mom.

I also wonder is TVD will make use of "receding" invitations via Buffy (through a spell) or True Blood (just saying that the invitation is receded).

Comment

Originally posted by shanemak
                  Yea, you're probably right, but I think the writers' would go out of their way to show us. I mean being is Sheriff Forbes is so anti-vampire and all, and it would be the first time Caroline enters a home. What I can't beleive is that Stefan let Caroline go, when Vicki was transitioning he had her remain at the boarding house so he can keep a watchful eye on her.
                  I agree. I don't know why such a seemingly small thing bugged me so much, but I just thought they would have shown Caroline coming home for the first time.

I can kinda see why Stefan let her go on her own and not Vicki, but I still would think he'd want to keep a closer eye on her. Vicki was very screwed up before becoming a vamp and Damon or Stefan did say that all those emotions are just magnified when you become a vamp. Vicki was much more volatile than Caroline. I guess since Caroline was a much more stable human she became a more stable vamp...or at least a vamp with fewer "issues". That said, it would have made more sense for her to stay with Stefan and/or Damon for the night.

Comment

Sometimes the little things can bug us! I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by chole_fan
                      I agree. I don't know why such a seemingly small thing bugged me so much, but I just thought they would have shown Caroline coming home for the first time.

I can kinda see why Stefan let her go on her own and not Vicki, but I still would think he'd want to keep a closer eye on her. Vicki was very screwed up before becoming a vamp and Damon or Stefan did say that all those emotions are just magnified when you become a vamp. Vicki was much more volatile than Caroline. I guess since Caroline was a much more stable human she became a more stable vamp...or at least a vamp with fewer "issues". That said, it would have made more sense for her to stay with Stefan and/or Damon for the night.

Stefan did keep an eye on her. He may have let her go home eventually but he still watched over her to make sure she didn't do anything stupid. As for him keeping Vicki at the boarding house, she was a drug user. Which means she was unstable. Being that when you become a vampire, all senses and emotions are heightened. So obviously the instability would be heightened as well. I can see why Stefan had more trust for Caroline. Because she was more stable than Vicki ever was. She took to Stefan's advice. Whereas Vicki wanted to party and just completely ignored any help he offered.

As for other comments on this sight about Caroline getting into her home, I'm completely bewildered by this as well. Anyone who dies and becomes a vampire loses all access to their home, because they aren't the same person. Someone who owns the house, or is at least on the lease, has to invite them in. Hence why later in TVD, Stefan and Damon sign their boarding house over to Elena to protect her. Because then she would have to be the one to invite someone in. As long as they weren't dangerous.
                      I'm guessing Caroline was sitting outside her house and when her mom came home, she asked what she was doing and told her to come inside. (But that is just an assumption.)

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎