View Poll Results: Rate the episode!

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 super cool

    18 46.15%
  • 9

    8 20.51%
  • 8

    9 23.08%
  • 7

    3 7.69%
  • 6

    0 0%
  • 5

    1 2.56%
  • 4

    0 0%
  • 3

    0 0%
  • 2

    0 0%
  • 1 ugh

    0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 57 of 57
  1. #46
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 07
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by chole_fan View Post
    I am sure we will see Caroline struggle, I don't think it will be that easy for her all the time. This time was with Matt, someone she genuinely cares about. She had a powerful motivator to keep it under control with him. Had it been some total stranger I am not sure she would have been so succesful.

    As for Stefan, I thought Damon made it pretty clear that the reason he was having such trouble controling himself on human blood was because he had abstained for so long. He said drinking human blood is normal for a vamp and what Stefan had been doing was not natural. So when he drank again, the urge was much, much stronger than before because it had been so long since he had tasted it. So the urge for Stefan would have been much more powerful that for a newly formed vamp. I agree that as vamps get older they should have more control, but that only applies to vamps who have actually been drinking human blood all along. It makes total sense to me that a vamp like Stefan, who drank human blood after being off it for so long, would struggle badly to regain control over his urges.
    All right, let me put some things to think about that blood control matter:

    I may be mistaken, but so far Stefn is the only vamp in the show who doesn´t feed from human blood, yes? And Damon said he was having control problems coz of his long time of abstinence... So, again, how could Stefan possibly be able in counseling a newvie vamp and be successful, WITH JUST FEW WORDS IN JUST FEW SECONDS, on how to controll the urges??? I still think it was ridiculous for the show to show that scene with Matt and Caroline at the end, coz it´s just UNNATURAL!!

    Besides, in Twilight, The Cullens (which only feed from animals - poor animals btw) do have their issues with controll, I mean, Edward that was in a long abstinence of human blood (just as Stefan) DID control himself on bitting Bela (but it took him centuries of learning with his master Carlisle)
    So as I said some quotes before it´s not just a matter of control but also a matter of being in NEED to feed.

    Speaking of animals... I DID love Damon´s lines for Stefan abt the forest animals banding together to fight him back... Damon always has the best lines of this show, by a long shot, and the way IS delievers them is just marvelous, amazing and unique!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 09-19-2010 at 09:57 PM.

  2. #47
    Clark Kent: Mars Investigations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    Avatar by Jeff
    Posts
    3,843
    Quote Originally Posted by shanemak View Post
    Yea hopefully there will be continuing storyline about Caroline getting with the program of her vampiric way, but I think you are wrong with the Anna thing. That’s like saying the older the vampire gets= the lesser control they’re gonna have, and I think it should be the opposite. Damon has been on human blood this entire time, and he’s not out of control, actually he should be the one counseling Caroline. If you remember in season 1, in the episode Vicki got staked, Elena was bleeding, and Damon’s face didn’t change, he just said that Elena needs to leave ASAP. If he didn’t have control like he does, he wouldn’t be the head of the council.

    Caroline drank from a blood bag, then the next minute she said she was hungry and drank from a nurse. That makes zero sense. Routines aren’t really applicable here, as human blood is the only thing that Caroline knows, at this point. When you step back and examine how all the vampires on the show have dealt with their urges, it is like an insult to logic and reason if Caroline could control her urges during her orientation, and Stefan had problems, even after 145 years.

    As much as I like the fact that Stefan is chaperoning Caroline, I do think it is Damon’s responsibility to usurp his brother in that department. Stefan showing Caroline how to control her blood urges is like a quadriplegic writing a book about how to be a gymnast. Damon is her maker, they share blood. And I think if Damon guided Caroline, then a lot of Damon haters would change their tunes.
    Yeah, that's true. Looking at it like that, my explanation doesn't make much sense I suppose the only way to get past it is to hope that the writers will continue to develop it in future episodes and/or assume that Caroline's emotions for Matt are stronger than Anna's were for Jeremy at that point, thus allowing her to overcome the urges more easily.

  3. #48
    Me Grimlock no like u! Xanderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Posts
    4,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    So I guess Elena's excuse is that he is Stefan's brother and she knows Stefan still loves him...yada yada. I mean HE snapped HER brother's neck in front of her and it's okay? And now apparantly Jeremy's it over as well?
    And as you know, they had Elena say something like "this isn't us" to convince Bonnie not to kill Damon (meaning they'd be no better than he is, yada yada, a very tired cliche, the kind that Elena has become quite expert at dishing. heh). But this logic is flawed given we're not talking about a regular human being "murderer" here, but literally an evil monster (a vampire, a damned creature). Not exactly the best reasoning from Elena. Bonnie shouldn't have listened. Not believable.

    I going to guess that the werewolves are better at laying low and keeping secrets then the vampires.
    So low that there is no mention of them in history whatsoever I guess...even centuries' old vamps are clueless to their existence. I suppose that makes sense, in a non-sensical sort of way right. heh

  4. #49
    Me no spell good chole_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Savannah, Georgia
    Posts
    3,860
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    All right, let me put some things to think about that blood control matter:

    I may be mistaken, but so far Stefn is the only vamp in the show who doesn´t feed from human blood, yes? And Damon said he was having control problems coz of his long time of abstinence... So, again, how could Stefan possibly be able in counseling a newvie vamp and be successful, WITH JUST FEW WORDS IN JUST FEW SECONDS, on how to controll the urges??? I still think it was ridiculous for the show to show that scene with Matt and Caroline at the end, coz it´s just UNNATURAL!!

    Besides, in Twilight, The Cullens (which only feed from animals - poor animals btw) do have their issues with controll, I mean, Edward that was in a long abstinence of human blood (just as Stefan) DID control himself on bitting Bela (but it took him centuries of learning with his master Carlisle)
    So as I said some quotes before it´s not just a matter of control but also a matter of being in NEED to feed.

    Speaking of animals... I DID love Damon´s lines for Stefan abt the forest animals banding together to fight him back... Damon always has the best lines of this show, by a long shot, and the way IS delievers them is just marvelous, amazing and unique!
    Well...I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this I just don't think it is as unnatural or crazy as you do. I also don't think Caroline was thinking of feeding at that moment. Like I said, vamps on this show seem to have that reaction from passion. I think she just had to calm herself down and control that reaction. From my view, it had nothing to do with feeding or being hungry. She didn't stop herself from feeding, she just made her eyes go back to normal so Matt wouldn't see.

    In regards to Stefan counseling Caroline, I said earlier that I thought Damon should do it.
    If for no other reason than it was his blood that turned her.

    As fas as Twilight goes that is a totally different universe, you can't apply those rules to this show. Each vampire show/series/movie/etc... seems to make up it's own rules so you can't assume that what holds true in one universe will hold true in another.

    Oh well, I don't see any reason to keep this going. Neither of us is going to change or minds and really this is a matter of opinion and perception, not fact. So like I said, we should just agree to disagree!

  5. #50
    Forum Regular j-peezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Location
    UT
    Posts
    361
    I was sketchy about Caroline the Vampire at first, but now I have to admit that she makes an interesting and somewhat comedic Vamp. I kinda like it. They better not kill her off...there's some potential here. So who's gonna give her a ring or necklace?...I mean if they don't then they all run the risk of getting caught. Caroline's mom would know instantly.

  6. #51
    Forum Whiz Mel823's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 10
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    731
    Quote Originally Posted by j-peezy View Post
    I was sketchy about Caroline the Vampire at first, but now I have to admit that she makes an interesting and somewhat comedic Vamp. I kinda like it. They better not kill her off...there's some potential here. So who's gonna give her a ring or necklace?...I mean if they don't then they all run the risk of getting caught. Caroline's mom would know instantly.
    People were saying earlier, which I agree with it, that maybe Bonnie might give/make the jewelry for Caroline. It does make sense, since Emily was the one that did it for all the vamps in 1864, and she probably did right the spell down in her book.

  7. #52
    Clark Kent: Mars Investigations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    Avatar by Jeff
    Posts
    3,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanderman View Post
    And as you know, they had Elena say something like "this isn't us" to convince Bonnie not to kill Damon (meaning they'd be no better than he is, yada yada, a very tired cliche, the kind that Elena has become quite expert at dishing. heh). But this logic is flawed given we're not talking about a regular human being "murderer" here, but literally an evil monster (a vampire, a damned creature). Not exactly the best reasoning from Elena. Bonnie shouldn't have listened. Not believable.
    That's how we, as the viewers, see the vampires. For Elena and Bonnie, they're much more real. If they start thinking of vamps as being damned creatures who don't deserve life, then what's to stop them going after Stefan? Or even after Bonnie herself, seeing as she's a supernatural being too? While I see why Damon deserves to die and why Bonnie attacked him in the first place, I can see why Elena stopped her too - vampire or not, Damon's death would still have been hanging on their consciences.

  8. #53
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 07
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by chole_fan View Post

    Oh well, I don't see any reason to keep this going. Neither of us is going to change or minds and really this is a matter of opinion and perception, not fact. So like I said, we should just agree to disagree!
    And now I have to agree with you on that partQ! lol

    ----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Investigations View Post
    That's how we, as the viewers, see the vampires. For Elena and Bonnie, they're much more real. If they start thinking of vamps as being damned creatures who don't deserve life, then what's to stop them going after Stefan? Or even after Bonnie herself, seeing as she's a supernatural being too? While I see why Damon deserves to die and why Bonnie attacked him in the first place, I can see why Elena stopped her too - vampire or not, Damon's death would still have been hanging on their consciences.
    WELL, despite I don´t agree especifically with the "Damon deserves to doe" part, I have to say you´re right abt all the rest, in my humble opinion...
    Last edited by [email protected]; 09-21-2010 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #54
    Me Grimlock no like u! Xanderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Posts
    4,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Investigations View Post
    That's how we, as the viewers, see the vampires. For Elena and Bonnie, they're much more real. If they start thinking of vamps as being damned creatures who don't deserve life, then what's to stop them going after Stefan? Or even after Bonnie herself, seeing as she's a supernatural being too? While I see why Damon deserves to die and why Bonnie attacked him in the first place, I can see why Elena stopped her too - vampire or not, Damon's death would still have been hanging on their consciences.
    True, I'm mainly just pointing out that using the cliche Elena did isn't it as clearcut applicable to vamps as it is to humans...needs some tweaking. Vamps are clearly "damned" beings given that they can't enter a person's house without an invite or prance about in the sun (clearly God's not a fan). The flaw with the way this show, and True Blood, handles vamps is that vamps still have souls. Buffy/Angel handled it more logically -- the reason these beings couldn't enter people's homes or be in the sun was not merely because they weren't humans, but because they were truly soulless and evil creatures (damned to Hell). This show and True Blood are wishy-washy and flawed in comparison (inconsistent with themselves). Moonlight on the other hand seemed to go more the "natural explanation" route for vamps, and left out most of the conventional supernatural elements/stereotypes, thus making it more self-consistent and logical as well.
    Last edited by Xanderman; 09-21-2010 at 04:23 PM.

  10. #55
    Clark Kent: Mars Investigations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    Avatar by Jeff
    Posts
    3,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanderman View Post
    True, I'm mainly just pointing out that using the cliche Elena did isn't it as clearcut applicable to vamps as it is to humans...needs some tweaking. Vamps are clearly "damned" beings given that they can't enter a person's house without an invite or prance about in the sun (clearly God's not a fan). The flaw with the way this show, and True Blood, handles vamps is that vamps still have souls. Buffy/Angel handled it more logically -- the reason these beings couldn't enter people's homes or be in the sun was not merely because they weren't humans, but because they were truly soulless and evil creatures (damned to Hell). This show and True Blood are wishy-washy and flawed in comparison (inconsistent with themselves). Moonlight on the other hand seemed to go more the "natural explanation" route for vamps, and left out most of the conventional supernatural elements/stereotypes, thus making it more self-consistent and logical as well.
    I've only seen a few episodes of Buffy (although I feel I should get around to watching more) and none of True Blood (this one doesn't really interest me) so I can't really comment, but I wouldn't really say The Vampire Diaries has been inconsistent in its exploration of vampirism. Maybe different, since it hasn't delved into the issues about souls or supernatural roots or anything - but personally I'd rather they avoid that route and keep the vamps simple. As long as they stick to the rules they've established, I'll be happy.

  11. #56
    Me Grimlock no like u! Xanderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Posts
    4,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Investigations View Post
    I've only seen a few episodes of Buffy (although I feel I should get around to watching more) and none of True Blood (this one doesn't really interest me) so I can't really comment, but I wouldn't really say The Vampire Diaries has been inconsistent in its exploration of vampirism. Maybe different, since it hasn't delved into the issues about souls or supernatural roots or anything - but personally I'd rather they avoid that route and keep the vamps simple. As long as they stick to the rules they've established, I'll be happy.
    Rules are one thing, logical sense is another for me. Maybe you can make sense of it... If vampires aren't automatically evil, and can choose to be good like Stefan (by resisting their urges), then why exactly is someone like Stefan in particular banned from entering people's homes? You'd think the "higher power(s)" that keep vamps out of human homes would be "intelligent" enough to differentiate between good and evil vamps. Same criticism can be made for True Blood's handling. Ultimately these beings are just human beings with super powers when it comes down to it. Buffy/Angel had no such flaw however. Their vamps are soulless (truly inhuman) and thus are automatically evil spawns of hell. Unless some sort of magical curse or spell or whatever is done to return their soul, as with Angel/Spike. Guess it's just me but picking and choosing which "classic" rules you're going to follow without backing them up with a new/fitting logic bugs me a bit. (Actually come to think of it, Buffy/Angel was flawed as well. Even with his soul returned the same rules applied to Angel I think...he still couldn't go into a house uninvited, etc. Doesn't really make sense...the gods must be crazy I guess. heh)
    Last edited by Xanderman; 09-22-2010 at 12:40 PM.

  12. #57
    >>>THE FLASH<<< super_j_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    Central City
    Posts
    18,589
    Wow, I did not expect to watch this episode and truly enjoy I like just did. I think I've only seen a handful shows that can deliver so many solid episodes. It's like I expect it to go bad at one point or another but it just doesn't and I love it for that. The ONLY thing I am not crazy about is vampire Caroline. I started to really like Caroline towards the end of last season and I'm not sure if I like this new turn for her. Now I feel like I have to grow to like her again. Still can't wait for the Lockwood arc to go somewhere. I did like the Stefan Caroline scene where he's trying to calm her down. I thought that was sweet.

    "I'm human. I have to do human stuff. Otherwise, I'm going to go crazy."

    Hmmm.....I give this episode a 9 out of 10.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •