1 2.56%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 ugh

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Clark Kent: Mars Investigations's Avatar
    Another 10 from me. This was a fantastic episode; it kept me gripped all the way through and there was never a scene that didn't have me glued to the screen. Even the potentially sappy ending with Stefan and Elena on the Ferris wheel was tempered by the final lines:

"It's not going to get any easier, is it?"
    "...No."

My highlights:
    • Candice Accola really showed off her acting chops. From her initial feeding to her heightened despair, she gave a flawless performance and I really felt for Caroline. I really enjoyed seeing her knock Damon around as well, although she unfortunately delivered the worst line of the episode - "You suck." It was such a big moment, and I thought she could've been given a better punchline.
    • Stefan taking Caroline under his wing and helping her to control her vampiric urges is a really interesting and fresh new dynamic. We've seen how Damon 'helped' Vikki through her transformation, so it'll be cool to watch the good side of that as Stefan helps Caroline.
    • Bonnie's reaction when she realised Caroline had become a vampire. Her reunion with Caroline and Matt last episode showed that they were the last refuge of normalcy for her, and now they've been tainted too. I actually liked her attacking Damon - she wasn't specifically blaming him for Caroline, but just lashing out. Remember that she doesn't know that Damon has a good side like we do. He's been nothing but a source of trouble for her, and I don't blame her for taking out her frustrations on him...even though I do hope she acknowledges at some point that she was partly responsible for Caroline's transformation too.
    • The Lockwood storyline, which I didn't really engage with in the premiere, was much more intriguing this time around. I loved the way it was subtly connected to the Caroline plot through the poor guy that became the supernatural punching bag, and Mason's abilities looked pretty cool. I'm a little disappointed that Stefan didn't try and stop Damon when he manipulated the fight, seeing as that led to Caroline killing the guy when she sensed his blood, but I guess he had no way of knowing that would happen.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shanemak View Post
    I give it an 8. I was thoroughly entertained throughout the entire episode, my only critique of it, and the fact that I don’t give it a 9 or 10, is because of the stupid, dawson’s creek ending. Caroline went from stupid, ditzy blonde, to one of the most entertaining people on the show. I absolutely adore Caroline now, and it was nice to see Stefan taking her under his wing. I sincerely hope she lasts longer then Vicki. I just can’t wait for the interaction between Caroline and her mother.

I loved the arm wresting factor, and the fact that Stefan admitted that he tried and still couldn’t best Mason. I guess werewolves are stronger than vamps.

Just when I thought I couldn’t dislike Bonnie anymore, she goes and shows me up once again. Blaming Damon for Caroline turning takes a special kind of stupid. She knows better, she just wants to prove to everyone that she can take out a vamp if necessary. She’s the one that told Damon to give Caroline his blood! I see a neck snapping in the future if our young witch doesn’t change her ways.

Jeremy either has a lot of guts or is stupid as hell. Entering a vamps home and telling him that he came to kill him. Not to mention throwing in Damon’s face how he has that ring. But I like at the carnival Damon took the ring, choked Jeremy, then gave it back.
    Excelent observations! Especially on the stupid and boringDawson´s Creek ending (I hated tat show btw)
    But I have to add a couple of things I desliked in this ep as well: 1 - Caroline drinking blood at the hospital as it was a juice box???!!! 2 - Caroline managing the vamp´s powers so well? I mean, it was like she was all awared how to do it... erasing memories, speeding, feeding... Vicky went crazy when she found out, Caroline on the other hand was aall ok and "I know how to do" attitude. IDK, I just think she could have been more confused and messed up abt what ws happening to her...

I have no coments abt Bonnie! At this moment she SUCKS for me! The wole blamming damon for everything and trying to kill him just send me to think she´s mean and not such a good human you know? On the other hand, that umplesent attitude of her abt Damon can be just a way for her to cover her real feelings abt him (coz I think she does feel something) nd she just can´t adimit feel something for a vampite like Damon, meaning, a "bad" vampire... But it´s just a thought.

No need to say Ian ruled this ep along with Caroline´s actress (forgiive me but I forgot her name)

I also loved the Damon/Jeremy´s what it look´s like to be a new friendship.

Can´t wait for the next episode. Hope Katherine shows up.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm really surprised but I loved Caroline tonight. Usually she is the character I hate the most. I alway kept hoping they would kill her off. For me, she does so much better as a vampire, at least so far.

Though I didn't like her as human, I am upset that we lost another "just human" main character. Caroline...I alway felt she brought the "normal" element to the show and her group of friends. I haven't read the books...but maybe they plan on bringing in another human character from the books.

Damon annoyed me this episode.

I still can't understand how Elena is just...accepting everything. She must still be in la-la land from her parents death.

Oh...and one thing did bug me about the Caroline scenes...did she notice that none of her friends were really surprised about her being a vampire? That they seem to know vampires exist and they had never mentioned it to her.

I gave it a 9.
    The charcter from the books you´re talking abt is Meredith. One of the Elena´s 2 BFF (the other one is Bonnie, ofc)
    But the Caroline from the books is nothing like that one from the show. She´s mean, bad, selfish and a crazy envious girl abt Elena´s beuty and success. She even becomes an evil person trough out the story. Oh and she doesn´t become a vampire but another evil thing.
    The Bonnie from the books is not even close to this one from the show. She´s delicate, thoughtful, good, brave and strong. And she doen´t keep blaming Damon on everything. Actually she keeps crying for his help in order to save her and the other ones lives (which he keeps doing on and on). And why´s that? Coz he´s the one, and only one, who´s capable of saving all of them, no matter what it takes (even if he dies in the process). That´s Damon from the books and that´s why I LOVE him.

I´m not saying Damos is good or evil. He´s what he needs to be. He has good reasons to act the way he does (because it´s just what it really is: acting). He´s good when he has to be by saving the ones he cares abt (even Steffan) and he´s evil when he has to, like when he kills the ones (humans or not) that tries to kill or cause him or the others any harm.

You really should read the books SUGAR. I´m sure you´re gonna like it and understand more abt Damon and give him some credit. I promise you won´t regret it!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 09-17-2010 at 07:42 AM.

It was all ok. The season premiere was a bit better though. I give it a 8

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Excelent observations! Especially on the stupid and boringDawson´s Creek ending (I hated tat show btw)
    But I have to add a couple of things I desliked in this ep as well: 1 - Caroline drinking blood at the hospital as it was a juice box???!!! 2 - Caroline managing the vamp´s powers so well? I mean, it was like she was all awared how to do it... erasing memories, speeding, feeding... Vicky went crazy when she found out, Caroline on the other hand was aall ok and "I know how to do" attitude. IDK, I just think she could have been more confused and messed up abt what ws happening to her...

I have no coments abt Bonnie! At this moment she SUCKS for me! The wole blamming damon for everything and trying to kill him just send me to think she´s mean and not such a good human you know? On the other hand, that umplesent attitude of her abt Damon can be just a way for her to cover her real feelings abt him (coz I think she does feel something) nd she just can´t adimit feel something for a vampite like Damon, meaning, a "bad" vampire... But it´s just a thought.

No need to say Ian ruled this ep along with Caroline´s actress (forgiive me but I forgot her name)

I also loved the Damon/Jeremy´s what it look´s like to be a new friendship.

Can´t wait for the next episode. Hope Katherine shows up.
    Well like I said I enjoyed the show overall, I just felt that the ending didn’t seem to fit with the show. If Stefan didn’t super jump onto the ferris wheel, I would’ve thought I was watching General Hospital or something…

On Vicki not managing powers so well, don’t forget she was a drug abuser. So she probably wasn’t in the right state of mind before she was a vamp, and then add the vampire powers, and caboom, her mind was ready to detonate! She was a loose cannon. Caroline was a drug-free individual, (as far as we know) and was perfectly in control of her emotions and actions. Caroline was confused for a while, and I think she still has no idea what compulsion entails, just that when she stares at people, they listen to her. The speeding should be automatic for vampires; so no real learning curve there. On the feeding, after she got a glimpse of the blood in the hospital, there was no going back for her. As Stefan said, the need to feed is too great. I just don’t know how well she’ll be able to deal with the Stefan diet of animal blood, especially once she has had the real thing.

I really needed not say anything about Bonnie, her day will come if she doesn’t change her ways.

Am I the only one who missed the dastardly hijinks of Uncle John?

I wonder what Katherine’s plans are for Mystic Falls? Since she’s in town, why not mess around with the Salvatores’ heads a little? I don’t think she really cares about them at all, when she said she came back for Stefan, I think it was a lie, she doesn’t care, she just doesn’t want anyone else to have him. She probably figures that she made him, so he belongs to her.

Isobel’s been unusually quiet for a few episodes. You would think Katherine would send her to do her dirty work.

Posting Pro
    To Shanemak

Well, you must have in mind that when someone turns into a vampire he/she gets healed of everything, really EVERYTHING. So despite dealing with drugs and all messed up Vicky atcted the way she was expected to. And there´s another thing abt the whole Caroline vamp´s thing: she may be in sort of control of the basic abilities of a vampire BUT BE BLE TO CONTROL HER URGES FOR BLOOD SO ESYLY???!!! C´mon! not even Steffan deales with it so easy in his first days/decades of being a vampire... Caroline in just ONE and SINGLE day was able to control it??? Sorry but I just don´t feel it´s right!

About Katherine I think she´s selfish and mean and, like you said, she doesn´t care about anyone but herself. She´s just playing around to hve fun.

PZ admiring the BAMF that is Oliver Queen
    Ok so it didnt have the same impact as the premiere but I wasn't expecting it, they cant keep that up the whole season lol

I thought this was a great ep though, Caroline was fantastic for me, I loved her scene with Stefan (I see more chem with those two than I do Stefan/Elena), I hope we get more scenes with them together. I also loved her scene with Matt and how her love for him is reigning in her bloodlust, so sweet and a nice contrast to Vicki.

About Bonnie, I can live with her attitude at the moment because I'm quite confident as the season progresses she'll get past her hatred and grief. They start the characters in one place and take them to another.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Though I didn't like her as human, I am upset that we lost another "just human" main character. Caroline...I alway felt she brought the "normal" element to the show and her group of friends..

Damon annoyed me this episode.
    I guess Matt fills that role now.

Loved Vampire Caroline.

Compelling the woman she fed on to tell people her husband is kinky is true to her character.

"I don't know how that works, but it's brilliant"

"You suck"

I like that the werewolves don't have to be in werewolf form to have their abilities. I think it would have been too limiting otherwise.

I wonder what the moonstone does. Maybe it acts like lapiz lazuli for werewolves.

The scene where Damon threatens to shove the ring up Jeremy's ass made me laugh.

The Lockwoods are ninja turtles.

Bonnie is the most annoying character on the show now. Actually, the only annoying character.

Bonnie blaming Damon again made me roll my eyes.

I know the producers would never do this but Damon needs to snap her neck or turn her into a vampire.

Next week's episode looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    To Shanemak

Well, you must have in mind that when someone turns into a vampire he/she gets healed of everything, really EVERYTHING. So despite dealing with drugs and all messed up Vicky atcted the way she was expected to. And there´s another thing abt the whole Caroline vamp´s thing: she may be in sort of control of the basic abilities of a vampire BUT BE BLE TO CONTROL HER URGES FOR BLOOD SO ESYLY???!!! C´mon! not even Steffan deales with it so easy in his first days/decades of being a vampire... Caroline in just ONE and SINGLE day was able to control it??? Sorry but I just don´t feel it´s right!
    Yea, you're right. Caroline calming her blood urges in 1 episode is really insane. Steffan counseling her and coaching her about "control" is outright funny, as a handful of episodes ago, he was having problems himself with human blood.

New In Town

whats with all the commercials!

Is it just me or has there been an extraordinary amount of commercials in the past two episodes, especially brave new world?

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode, I just felt like we werent given as much as episode as in episode one....I think Katherine should have made an appearance...it is unlike her to stay quiet. And I have to agree with the others about Bonnie....she is on my last nerve!
    I want more Damon and Elena time or at least some romantic happiness for Damon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    The Lockwoods are ninja turtles.
    Yea that was funny, especially coming from the ever so seriuos Steffan. Oh, that's right, he has no sence of "Damon Humor". Another funny line was when Damon poured a glass of blood in his house, and Steffan came strolling in, Damon said something like, "Aren't you worried the animals aren't going to band together and fight back? They do talk you know!" I thought that was funny as hell. lol

Bonnie is the most annoying character on the show now. Actually, the only annoying character.
    How 'bout it. Bonnie needs to get laid. Every guy shes interested in either is a vamp, or gets killed by one, lol

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shanemak View Post
    Yea, you're right. Caroline calming her blood urges in 1 episode is really insane. Steffan counseling her and coaching her about "control" is outright funny, as a handful of episodes ago, he was having problems himself with human blood.
    You totally made my point with that quote. lol

Quote Originally Posted by WickedJenn View Post
    I agree, Caroline was very good tonight. I'm glad they've decided to keep her around thus far.
    Agreed!

She was good! Better than Human!Vampire Caroline.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Damonsgrl View Post
    Is it just me or has there been an extraordinary amount of commercials in the past two episodes, especially brave new world?

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode, I just felt like we werent given as much as episode as in episode one....I think Katherine should have made an appearance...it is unlike her to stay quiet. And I have to agree with the others about Bonnie....she is on my last nerve!
    I want more Damon and Elena time or at least some romantic happiness for Damon.
    Oh, I just have to desagree with you abt Katherine. It´s TOTALLY like her to stay quiet. Actually, she stayed quite in the shadows for over than a century, not letting anyone knows she was alive, well and evil...

On the other hand, I totally agree with you abt Damon and Elena and even more abt Damon´s happiness. I´ve said that before in another thread/quote.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast