Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WickedJenn

I LOVED the Damon/Stefan/Katherine interaction especially. This tougher version of Stefan is appealing...
    I agree.

Comment

I loved it...10!

No matter what Damon does, no matter how bad it is, I just can't help loving him. I felt enormous sympathy for him in this episode, to be rejected over and over again - it was heartbreaking. And then he goes and snaps Jeremy's neck and I still don't hate him! It just goes to show what a wonderful job Ian is doing with the character.

Brilliant start to the season, they've picked up right where they left off - on a high!

Comment

Yes, yes, yes, yes and more yes.

This was awesome.

Everything about the episode was great. The way Katherine began unfolding her web of concoctions, the Damon/Stefan/Katherine/Elena interaction was great, Damon going ballistic at the end was beautifully done. I could feel his pain when Katherine told him she never loved him. And the ending? What the ****? YOU CAN NOT KILL CAROLINE OFF. And yes, I know she's going vampire, but I just preferred her when she was out of the vampire mess. But still, for some reason, I can't dislike Katherine for that; she was the perfect vampire beyotch. Oh, and Bonnie was very good; we finally get to see her emotional side again when she was crying tears of joy for Caroline.

Great way to start the season. 10/10.

Comment

An easy ten out of ten! The other shows I watch are going to have to knock it out of the park to even come close to beating this episode, because it was awesome. A lot of the time, season premieres don't feel like they have their own plot; they feel like they're just cleaning up the mess the finale made. But "The Return" took that mess and blew it up even more. Katherine is already a brilliant villain, and Nina Dobrev played the differences between her and Elena so well that they really did feel like two different characters. Every character had a chance to shine and it was packed with sharp dialogue and fantastic twists and turns. A few of my favourite moments:
          • Damon realising the truth about his kiss with Elena.
          • Bonnie threatening Damon but then finding herself completely out of her depth against Katherine.
          • Stefan ordering Jonathan Gilbert to leave town by threatening to turn him into a vampire.
          • Every scene Katherine was in, but particularly Stefan's "you're the same evil, devious, manipulative b*tch you've always been" and her "I never loved you...it was always Stefan" to Damon.
          • Elena's "I hate him" at the end. It's clever how the writers still manage to make you feel sympathy for Damon, even after he just came onto his own brother's girlfriend and killed Jeremy.
          • Two words: "Game on."

Comment

OMFG my mouth was wide open through most of this ep lol

Biggest OMFG moments had to be Damon killing Jeremy, then seeing the ring YAY then Katherine killing Caroline, holy mo did not see any of this coming lol so glad I wasn't spoiled, I should take note of that on other shows lol

I enjoyed this entire ep, even Stefan lol loved how he got in John's face about leaving town and was it me or is he looking hotter this season lol

Loooooved the tension between Bonnie/Damon, god she hates him lol to quote Katherine 'hate me, sounds like the beginning of a love story not the end' haha

Felt soooo sorry for Damon, urgh first Katherine then Elena, I think these chicks have a defective gene if they cant love Damon lol but man he so back to where he was when he first came on the show, whole season's worth of development gone in secs lol hopefully he'll get back on track quicker than last time lol

Uncle Mason...hmm he was ok I want Ric back lol

Matt was sweet, think he'll find out about vamps now that Caroline is one?

Next week looks really good too!

Phew talk about coming out the traps guns a blazing lol great start to the season

Comment

In next episode Bonnie's probably gonna blame Damon for giving Caroline demon blood

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. I really did. I love Nina as both Elena and Katherine and the producers did an amazing pick when they casted her in the role as well as Paul and Ian but I’m still annoyed with the whole Dalena but at least that is over with Damon “killing” Jeremy. I can’t wait for the Tyler storyline to start but last night’s episode was bad when it came to Tyler. I personally hated how it was all about the Mayors death and that it was more of a formal party that what it would normally be in real life. That annoyed me. I would normally think this episode was a 9 but when I re-watched it, it felt wrong, something was missing. I don’t know what but something is.

Comment

It was great just I actually wanted Kathrine and Elena to meet. But The whole Damon gone evil was awsome this episode was so unpredictable from Kathrine to Damon even Stefen. Kathrine stabing Stafan was such a suprise and Damon killing Jermy after givivg him that talk in the season finale. It was so sad that Kathrine and Elena both Love Stafen and not Damon must be pretty hard to heard that someone you love and have been obsessed for the past 100 and something years does not love you but your brother instaed, I felt sorry for Damon. Now Stefen is liookig hot, and strong, fierce. Kathrine was my favorite she is such a bad ass Nina does a great job in making each charcter differently and Elena was as always Elena nice normal girl which matches stefens qualitys.
                  Last edited by Kal-el 26; 09-10-2010, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Caroline is going to be one annoying vampire. I can't think of any role for her in the show right now except becoming one of Katherine's minions. Pretty lame if you ask me !
                    Last edited by Mbruno; 09-10-2010, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Okay, so yesterday all I said was that it was awesome. Here's why it was awesome imo. EVERYONE gave great performances. No one slacked off in the acting department. The Stefan and Elena scenes (I love these two). They were simple scenes mostly but I really liked them... Damon and Bonnie- heck yes. I personally am on the Damon/Bonnie ship. I soooo want these two to get together, but I don't see that happening anytime soon or possibly ever, though I'll go with soon instead. Anyway, I like Bonnie and Damon at each other's throats almost as much as I like the idea of them together, so I loved their scenes... Katherine and Stefan/Damon- do I really need to say anything more than that? ... Jeremy in general and that quick scene with him and Stefan was good, Katherine/Bonnie- two powerful ladies facing off- nice... Stefan and John- heck yes. Go Stefan, I liked that little more aggressive version of him... Now I do not ship Damon and Elena at all, though I love the little bond they have- that being said, before Damon did what he did to Jeremy, my heart was breaking for him.
                      Awesome acting, awesome stories. Awesome show.

Comment

It's rare that I get the urge to rewatch an episode so soon, but I really want to go through this one again already! I never thought I'd be that suckered in by this show.

Comment

Liked it! Never would have seen the Caroline twist coming... also felt bad for Damon.

Comment

what an awesome episode to start off the new season!

Damon was the best character in the episode without a doubt. Ian Somerhalder never disappoints.

I like this new Stefan. He's better written than last season.

The scene with Stefan and John in the hospital was awesome. After what John did last season, he deserved a lot more than what Katherine and Stefan did to him.

Hopefully John and Isobel make a return at some point in the show though. I would love to see both actors return.

My favorite scenes were the ones with Damon and Stefan talking about Elena and Katherine, especially the conversation about Damon's feelings for Elena.

"Don't worry brother, our bond is unbreakable"

I thought the Tyler scenes were alright. The last scene with him raging out over his dad was cool.

Damon killing Jeremy was perfect.

Caroline dying was unexpected, but hopefully this will turn out to be interesting, and not just a Vicki 2.0 where she gets turned into a vampire and then killed off a couple of episodes later.

Comment

TOTALLY awesome, overwhelming and amazing episode

Originally posted by Dexter
                              what an awesome episode to start off the new season!

Damon was the best character in the episode without a doubt. Ian Somerhalder never disappoints.

I like this new Stefan. He's better written than last season.

The scene with Stefan and John in the hospital was awesome. After what John did last season, he deserved a lot more than what Katherine and Stefan did to him.

Hopefully John and Isobel make a return at some point in the show though. I would love to see both actors return.

My favorite scenes were the ones with Damon and Stefan talking about Elena and Katherine, especially the conversation about Damon's feelings for Elena.

"Don't worry brother, our bond is unbreakable"

I thought the Tyler scenes were alright. The last scene with him raging out over his dad was cool.

Damon killing Jeremy was perfect.

Caroline dying was unexpected, but hopefully this will turn out to be interesting, and not just a Vicki 2.0 where she gets turned into a vampire and then killed off a couple of episodes later.

I totally agree with you Dexter 9btw, Dexter is one of my favorites tv shows as well).

Ian was perfect as always! I have to cangratulate the person who chose and picked him to this role> When I see Ian playing Damon is as seeing the Damos of the books reaching out of the pages and roking the world!! I love Ian and I LOVE DAMON (the real and only one hero and the whole story)
                              I donīt know how many of you have read the books but I sure you Damon incredble and brave and determined and surrounded by deep feelings that make us falling in love with him right way..
                              I really wanted Elena to love Damos (and only Damon) and end up with him forever though I know this is quite impossible to happen. I donīt like Stafan anyway.. heīs boring and annoying always playing victim for being a vampire, ways the good vampire, blah blah blah... No one is always good or always evil, right? So I liked the upgrade they did on Stefanīs charcther for this new season.
                              Bonnie on the other hand... sheīs playing cocky, aiways blaming Damos for all the evil and bad things that happen, neven giving him a credit for any good that happens.. But Iīd like to see Damon and Bonnie shipping heart happening. I really cheer for Damonīs happyness and if itīs not with Elena at least could be with a strong and powerful girl whoīs not afraid of him which will be a good challange for him ( and I think I saw some sparks between these two in the ep, or Iīm crazy?? lol)

Any way, I sure you Damon would NEVER EVER kill Jeremy if he hadnīt seen the ring on Jeremyīs finger coz Damon ONLY KILL FOR SELF DEFENSE OR IN THE DEFENSE OF THE ONE HE CARES ABOUT (though he denie it for everyone and for himsel) Heīs a good guy/vampire. Vampirres have to be strong and not "a girl" like Stefan..

I think this second season will rock and overwhelming.

PS. For those who have read the books, donīt you think that this new Bonnieīs attitude (blaming Damon and all) reminds a bit of Meredithīs???

Comment

I really loved this premiere.

Damon...wow. My gosh I felt so bad for him, and could feel his intense heartbreak...but then I just could NOT believe he lashed out so violently and intensely. That was wicked!

Stefan...I was so tired of whiny Stefan last year. But when he was dealing with Katherine, and the way he was talking to Damon at the memorial, I really, really began to like that strong, smart Stefan. I was so excited and loved the refreshing "I'm not going to fight you, I'm glad you are feeling something, I don't want to destroy that in you" talk.

Nina did an excellent job as Katherine and Elena. It was so brutal in the way that she could deliver essentially the exact same lines to Damon as two different characters, in two different ways, and make it have a growing impact on Damon. And stabbing Stefan, with that line "Hate? Sounds like the start of a love story, not the end of one"...awesome!

This ep had me laughing and cringing and I couldn't believe some parts. Can't wait for next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎