No announcement yet.

What will happen to Tyler?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will happen to Tyler?

Honestly, I hate him. He acts like he's 14 or something and he has no idea what's going on around him. If that were my son I'd smack him upside the head so hard that his skull splits open. And I can do exactly that- I've been practicing.

How will he take it if he finds out that not only his mom but his reptilian romantic interest are both 5C? Will he even find out at all? Will Erica allow Lisa and the 5C to use him in their cause? Will she send her own unwitting son into the field herself?

Will we see a story contrasting Anna and the way she involves Lisa in her machinations as opposed to how Erica hides the truth from her son to protect him?

And speaking of truth, who's his real father? Is he also an alien? It's sort of cornball and gimmicky writing, but I'm sure that has something to do with what makes him so important for Anna's plans.

Originally posted by Baron Karza
    How will he take it if he finds out that not only his mom but his reptilian romantic interest are both 5C? Will he even find out at all? Will Erica allow Lisa and the 5C to use him in their cause? Will she send her own unwitting son into the field herself?
    Never mind about Tyler finding out that his mother and Lisa are 5th Column...imagine what his reaction will be when he realizes Lisa isn't really human-looking and actually a lizard-thing. He's going to wish you'd split his skull open.

And speaking of truth, who's his real father? Is he also an alien? It's sort of cornball and gimmicky writing, but I'm sure that has something to do with what makes him so important for Anna's plans.

Maybe; sorry, I was getting a SG-1 flashback where a character was impregnated against her will/knowledge. That could be what happened.

Or

Tyler's dad is a chimera

Or

Parthenogenesis (which is very unlikely in real life, and the result of it would be a female child and not male)

Comment

Originally posted by Lauren_17
      imagine what his reaction will be when he realizes Lisa isn't really human-looking and actually a lizard-thing.
      Heh. Okay, I get it. You're not a guy.

This is a teenage boy we're talking about here. Trust me, as long as he's getting she could be the the queen of the rock people for all he cares.

Comment

I'd be fine if he got eaten. Unfortunately, the emo teenage boy is a popular story telling device, and seems (unfortunately) that some of the plot relies on him.

Comment

I think the whole fandom agree: Tyler would make an excellent appetizer.
          If Anna got her way, he'll die .
          I think the Jack and Kyle told Erica she has to tell the truth to her son at some point.
          Now, if Tyler stops talking and starts listening (without that stupid jacket of his) to his mother or Lisa (he may listen to Lisa more than his own mother, the brat), he may learn about the V. Of course, denial, anger, the usual suspects.
          The usual course of events is for him to stand up and start helping. Now if he still wants to go with Lisa, it's a free world .

Comment

Originally posted by lemoncrumble
            I think the whole fandom agree: Tyler would make an excellent appetizer.
            If Anna got her way, he'll die .
            I think the Jack and Kyle told Erica she has to tell the truth to her son at some point.
            Now, if Tyler stops talking and starts listening (without that stupid jacket of his) to his mother or Lisa (he may listen to Lisa more than his own mother, the brat), he may learn about the V. Of course, denial, anger, the usual suspects.
            The usual course of events is for him to stand up and start helping. Now if he still wants to go with Lisa, it's a free world .

I agree with most of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Caesis
              I'd be fine if he got eaten. Unfortunately, the emo teenage boy is a popular story telling device, and seems (unfortunately) that some of the plot relies on him.
              I think you hit the nail right on the head. It's very sloppy of the writers to choose to make the story revolve around such a one-dimensional character. Season one is in the books now and while everyone else- even Chad freakin' Decker- is growing up, Tyler is still a vapid moron hypnotized by pretty shinies.

To be fair, bumping uglies with Laura Vandervort just might be enough to distract most guys, but after all this time the kid is exactly the same as he was in the pilot. All he cares about is getting some and playing with (alien) toys. Seriously, the character is about as interesting and unpredictable as a vase from the dollar store.

Comment

I think you hit the nail right on the head. It's very sloppy of the writers to choose to make the story revolve around such a one-dimensional character. Season one is in the books now and while everyone else- even Chad freakin' Decker- is growing up, Tyler is still a vapid moron hypnotized by pretty shinies.

To be fair, bumping uglies with Laura Vandervort just might be enough to distract most guys, but after all this time the kid is exactly the same as he was in the pilot. All he cares about is getting some and playing with (alien) toys. Seriously, the character is about as interesting and unpredictable as a vase from the dollar store.

Well I like the Tyler character (mainly because of Lisa), but honestly it's hard for me to watch most of his scenes because he's ...won't get a clue. I really hope next season we'll see him man up and get at least a little smarter. I'd hate to see him be more of a lost cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Kara_2007

Well I like the Tyler character (mainly because of Lisa), but honestly it's hard for me to watch most of his scenes because he's ...won't get a clue. I really hope next season we'll see him man up and get at least a little smarter. I'd hate to see him be more of a lost cause.
                  In TSCC, John (who was also an annoying teenage boy), was dating this girl named Riley, who prettymuch everyone hated, and we knew something was off with her. Turns out, she was in this conspiracy to kill his #2 (Cameron).
                  BUT, after Riley dies, it's revealed John knew for a long time, and kept up the ruse to fully unearth the conspiracy.

Maybe the writers will do something similar. Make the teenage boy dumb, but actually that dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Caesis
                    In TSCC, John (who was also an annoying teenage boy), was dating this girl named Riley, who prettymuch everyone hated, and we knew something was off with her. Turns out, she was in this conspiracy to kill his #2 (Cameron).
                    BUT, after Riley dies, it's revealed John knew for a long time, and kept up the ruse to fully unearth the conspiracy.

Maybe the writers will do something similar. Make the teenage boy dumb, but actually that dumb.
                    I watched some of TSCC but I only caught a few scenes of John with both Cameron and Riley. I liked him most with Cameron, I just never understood what all was going on with them. So thanks for clearing that up.

Anyway, they might I just know that there definitely needs to be a better change made to the Tyler character sooner rather later once the show returns.
                    Last edited by Super_Kara_2007; 05-23-2010, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I wouldn’t mind Tyler being skewed sautéed and served but unfortunately, I think if that happens Erika would give up the fight. Right now, she’s the only one with some legitimate resources to make a dent in the fight.

I think Tyler will eventually find out but the question is which side is he gonna be on.

Comment

Originally posted by Saber
                        I think Tyler will eventually find out but the question is which side is he gonna be on.
                        It would be predictable to say that he would be on his mother's/Lisa's side. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a role-reversal. Anna & Tyler vs. Erica and Lisa.

Imagine the two mothers holding each others children for hostage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lauren_17
                          It would be predictable to say that he would be on his mother's/Lisa's side. However,I wouldn't mind seeing a role-reversal. Anna & Tyler vs. Erica and Lisa.

Imagine the two mothers holding each others children for hostage.
                          IA, I actually think that's how it might happen. I think that once Tyler finds out the truth he will snap and lash out at both Erica and Lisa for lying because it's one thing for your girlfriend to play you but for your own mother to conceal the truth from you to, that's the ultimate betrayal.

He'll rebel against them and side with Anna for a while.

Comment

Honestly, I hate him. He acts like he's 14 or something and he has no idea what's going on around him. If that were my son I'd smack him upside the head so hard that his skull splits open. And I can do exactly that- I've been practicing.
                            Well I mean, he's just a teenager and at his age most people have crazy hormonal issues that cause emotional instability. It really isn't uncommon; I mean I'm pretty sure we all have given our parents a hard time at some point in our lives. And sure you could smack your son around, but which would you rather? That he obeys you out of fear? or that he obeys you out of love and respect? We all know which one Erica is going for.

Hmm, well currently he thinks that Anna is a godsend and doesn't realize that the lady obviously has something up her sleeve. Hidden motifs aren't Tyler's specialty, but at this point Erica has to put up with Anna taking control of her son especially since Anna has the upper hand at the moment.

Will we see a story contrasting Anna and the way she involves Lisa in her machinations as opposed to how Erica hides the truth from her son to protect him?
                            I think we already are, and we're clearly seeing the effect of that, especially in this recent episode. And if you noticed the way Lisa looks at Erica, it's like she's missing that mother figure in her life. You can also tell how betrayed she felt when Anna smacked her across the face and broke her legs.

I think Erica might have been abducted and impregnated by a V so yeah I would agree that his father might be an alien. It certainly would make sense especially because of how he looks so similar to Erica but looked nothing like his father. And it would explain why Anna made Tyler a separate mission.

V is so awesome when is the next season coming out? I can't wait...

Comment

I hope Tyler isn’t going to die. I don’t really like his character, but it would have a bad effect on Erica and I couldn’t imagine v without her. He does have a sweet side and if he knew the whole truth, he’d want to join the Resistance.

I think he’ll find out that Erica’s Fifth Column before he finds out the truth about the V’s. And I’m not sure if he’d turn her in (he does think the v’s are the good guys who wouldn’t hurt anyone and that she just doesn’t want to let him go), but he definitively will join the live-aboards. Anna wouldn’t kill him as long as she still needs him, but if she finds out Erica blew her eggs up, she’ll want revenge.

When he finds out that Lisa isn’t human, he’ll freak, but he loves her, so maybe he’ll get used to it. Plus, we’ve seen 4 visitors/human relationships on the show, one has to work out and Tyler/Lisa is the most likely.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎