No announcement yet.

Jack's Sermon

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lightning Strykez!
    For the entire season I've believe that the older priest was a visitor.

But once he threatened Jack "This is going to turn out badly for you"? It was confirmed.
    He is going to track Jack down and try to eat his face off in Season 2.
    Maybe the old priest will put Father Jack on the menu as a sort of "Live Communion" in the Season 2 opener....?

Comment

How many think that since Jack's sermon, Erica & her group will have to
      move their HQ out of the basement of the church? Will this be the first
      time we see Visitor Shocktroopers storming the church in Season Two?

Comment

Originally posted by Glove
        How many think that since Jack's sermon, Erica & her group will have to move their HQ out of the basement of the church?
        As much as I love that the church is the "sanctuary" for The Resistance, I'd find it unrealistic if they could stay there throughout the series. At some point, they have to be forced out and be on the run.

I DO think that Jack's sermon will be the start of them having to do so because I can't see Jack being allowed to stick around once he's spoken out against something ("The Visitors are of God") that the church has already deemed okay. I don't know if they'll go as far as detailing Jack's defrocking, but I think it's a possibility since he's spoken against church policy coming straight from the Vatican (which was set up in the pilot).

I'd love to see The Resistance have to kind of go underground and all stay together like they do in the original miniseries. Always loved that.

Originally posted by closetclana
        I'm not Catholic, but I find it very hard to believe that any congregation would just stand and leave like that. Even if they disagreed.
        It's a little weird, but according to the story, the world has started to treat Anna as a god (like Tyler looking into the Church of V), so the people who are sucked into that WOULD get up and walk out. Story-wise, I think it works.
        Last edited by savingpeoplething; 09-29-2010, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎