Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olson you better be getting this

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite the mistake the writers made via Doomsday [IMO] I believe this scene had a nice touch, I think "you better be getting this Olsen" was very iconic along with so many other things in that scene I loved that scene so much, I think it would have been better if we saw old Jimmy and knew somehow he would be back!

Comment

The only Jimmy I'll acknowledge on SV is Henry Jimmy Olsen. I don't care that they've Jhenried him. He's the real Jimmy in my eyes.

Comment

Chloe had an article there thanks to Lionel in the second season didn't she? Which made her 15/16 and I think whenever Jimmy jr. gets there Lois/Clark would probably take him under their wing out of respect for his older brother. Or hey, knowing this show, Lois will just run into Jimmy Jr. and he'll carry Jimmy's former camera around with him and she'll just tell him to come with her and snap whatever photo she needs at that moment, it'll be a front page spread and presto, Jimmy jr. gets to work at the DP with Lois and Clark. It'll be interesting to see how they rationalize Jimmy coming back to the DP though since they all but dropped Our Jimmy's death.

Comment

Originally posted by protector91
          Let it go people. There's no point in staying upset about this. Sure I've been angry with plenty of things the show has done, but I don't dwell on them forever. It hinders my ability to enjoy watching the show. And cut the kid a break. Why all the hate towards a kid? It's not like anybody actually SAID his first name was Jimmy. We could only assume.
          Excuse me, but I don't have to let anything go.

Comment

Originally posted by amberdawn
            That little turd is not Jimmy.
            As much as I hate what they did (it was my #1 most hated moment in the series, far surpassing anything involving Lana in Power/Requiem/Promise/etc), I feel bad for the actor & all the hatred he may be getting for the character he portrayed. I know you're not mad at the actor, but it must suck for him to have played such a hated character. That was the most disgusting thing that ever happened in this show. The showrunners laughed off the Chlois theory, which I agree was stupid, but did that very thing to Jimmy. It's been a year & I'm still not over it. Only a few weeks ago did I feel compelled to really post on this site again after the disillusioning last year's finale had on me.

Comment

They could have made it clearer by having Lois say "Olsen! Olsen! Where is that kid?..... Olsen you better be getting every pixel of this!". My guess is though they just suck at math and continuity. Heck, the director even said he didn't watch the last four and a half seasons of the show, and just got caught up on who the characters in his episode were and where they were at. It's very possible that he didn't even know about Jimmy. That's sad, in and of itself.

One of the things I hate most about this show is the toggle of writers/directors. That we got a director that admitted he hadn't seen the show in four and a half seasons, and went off a little summary page of who the characters were and what they were currently feeling is a huge sign that the show could care less about continuity errors, plotholes, and mistakes. Imagine if someone worked on every episode with those people who had seen every episode and knew the characters? So many OOC moments and mistakes could be avoided. The actors can only do so much, and besides Tom now, the actors aren't in every scene. We need the writer's and directors to come in to this knowing this show. I mean, I had to give up a long time ago hoping for a more a continuous flow and lack of plotholes. Although, I will admit there are some writers and directors who I'm just in love with and would hate to lose if they kept one team who worked on each episode. I thought Checkmate was the best written and directed episode in a long long time, and I'd hate to give that up because they don't let people come in and show what they can do.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                As much as I hate what they did (it was my #1 most hated moment in the series, far surpassing anything involving Lana in Power/Requiem/Promise/etc), I feel bad for the actor & all the hatred he may be getting for the character he portrayed. I know you're not mad at the actor, but it must suck for him to have played such a hated character. That was the most disgusting thing that ever happened in this show. The showrunners laughed off the Chlois theory, which I agree was stupid, but did that very thing to Jimmy. It's been a year & I'm still not over it. Only a few weeks ago did I feel compelled to really post on this site again after the disillusioning last year's finale had on me.
                Wait what? If you mean Aaron Ashmore, I loved him. And I LOVE his Jimmy.

I'm talking about the kid who is supposedly "future Jimmy". I never wanna see that kid on this show.

Comment

Originally posted by La Donna
                  One of the things I hate most about this show is the toggle of writers/directors. That we got a director that admitted he hadn't seen the show in four and a half seasons, and went off a little summary page of who the characters were and what they were currently feeling is a huge sign that the show could care less about continuity errors, plotholes, and mistakes. Imagine if someone worked on every episode with those people who had seen every episode and knew the characters? So many OOC moments and mistakes could be avoided.
                  I personally am suprised the show doesn't hire a continuity person. They probably could just hire a fan of the show for fairly cheap who could pick up small things like Shelby is a male.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                    I personally am suprised the show doesn't hire a continuity person. They probably could just hire a fan of the show for fairly cheap who could pick up small things like Shelby is a male.
                    EXACTLY!! The wouldn't even have to pay someone probably. I'm sure they could get a fan to volunteer who would do a better job checking continuity than anyone currently employed on the show!!! Think how different this show could be if someone actually remembered everything shown on screen about the characters!!!

Comment

I don't understand what was wrong about Jimmy Olsen in the first few minutes.. Henry James Olsen is dead... This was his younger brother, part of the Clark/Lois/Jimmy trio... In the comics etcetc. Made perfect sense to me =/!

Unless you are reffering to them being dumb bringing Aaron in for 2 seasons then saying "haha he's not really Jimmy" yeah thats dumb, not the Doomsday writers fault though unless they brought him in in S6.

Comment

I actually thought there was tons of continuity in this episode.

The RAO charm from Disciple
                        The Jonathan callbacks
                        The shoulder touch in Charade
                        Future Lois getting a basket from the Dalai Lama - callback to the picture on her desk in Hex
                        The Perry / Africa thread from Hostage
                        The callback to Metallo in the Lois/Clark barn scene
                        Clark telling Lois he always needed her - callback to Bride and Lois saying she thought, for a second, someone needed her
                        Lois remembering seeing Zod shot from Conspiracy
                        Even Lois recognizing Clark's kiss - thread from Crimson where she recognized he was the guy she kissed in the alley
                        The articles pulled up on Clark's computer - one was from Stiletto, and others were references to past episodes as well
                        The Dr. Fate voiceover - callback to AJ

I didn't have a problem with the Jimmy mention. If the kid was what, 12 last year, four years from then he'd be 16 - he could be interning at the Planet.

So I guess while I think the show has had continuity issues in the past, last night's episode wasn't one of them.
                        Last edited by kelly1142; 05-15-2010, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I thought he was 10 in Doomsday? So they hired a 14yr old might been a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by La Donna
                            They could have made it clearer by having Lois say "Olsen! Olsen! Where is that kid?..... Olsen you better be getting every pixel of this!". My guess is though they just suck at math and continuity. Heck, the director even said he didn't watch the last four and a half seasons of the show, and just got caught up on who the characters in his episode were and where they were at. It's very possible that he didn't even know about Jimmy. That's sad, in and of itself.

One of the things I hate most about this show is the toggle of writers/directors. That we got a director that admitted he hadn't seen the show in four and a half seasons, and went off a little summary page of who the characters were and what they were currently feeling is a huge sign that the show could care less about continuity errors, plotholes, and mistakes. Imagine if someone worked on every episode with those people who had seen every episode and knew the characters? So many OOC moments and mistakes could be avoided. The actors can only do so much, and besides Tom now, the actors aren't in every scene. We need the writer's and directors to come in to this knowing this show. I mean, I had to give up a long time ago hoping for a more a continuous flow and lack of plotholes. Although, I will admit there are some writers and directors who I'm just in love with and would hate to lose if they kept one team who worked on each episode. I thought Checkmate was the best written and directed episode in a long long time, and I'd hate to give that up because they don't let people come in and show what they can do.
                            That's why I love Supernatural so much. The same set of writers & directors are aware of everything & consistently write the episodes. Kripke had it all written out & planned before the show even started. Smallville used to be much better. I remember before season 5, the only big retcons & plotholes they did involved Chloe's character & her history. Season 5 lightswitched her into a hacker since she didn't show hacking skills before but relied on a network of contacts, which made her much more credible as a character. Then in season 5, they retconned Krypton's destruction as having been caused by Zod, even though we got photos back in season 2 that showed signs of a supernova that destroyed Rao & took Krypton with it. That was back in Skinwalker when the wolf constellation Kyla was showing Clark was missing an eye, which was Rao. Virgil Swann's images in Rosetta showed a gaping "hole" where Rao & Krypton once were. Had Zod just destroyed Krypton like season 5 retconned, then Rao would have been visible in those images, but it wasn't. Just cosmic dust from a dead star that blew up. The worst came in seasons 7 & 8 when we got the Veritas story & plot that ruined the 2nd half of season 7 and the plot in Eternal with the retconning of events in the Pilot, Lex's childhood with that box made of St. George's armor (which he didn't get until he turned 11 or 12), and Sageeth (who was explained & proven as Lex in Talisman, explained as being Clark in Quest & explained as being Davis/Doomsday in Eternal). Even Kandor showed Jor-El being the creator of the stones & orb which contradicted the stones having been on Earth in the 1600s back in season 4 and the orb being buried in the Luthor fireplace since at least World War II when the clock holding the orb's key & its cryptograph were commissioned.

Comment

Originally posted by amberdawn
                              That little turd is not Jimmy.
                              WHOA! A bit harsh.......but insanely funny though!

Comment

Were Lois and Clark's desks still in the basement? I thought the higher reporters have offices and desks upstairs under the tiffany lamps? And while in real life it'd be a joke to assume a 14-16 year old intern would the photographer assigned to a "popular", "successful" reporter like Lois Lane (as I think they were showing her to be in the future), you could fan wake that if that's Jimmy's little brother, maybe Lois took him under her wing since it's sort of her cousin's brother-in-law. I just feel it wasn't necessary to even mention him. It's not like we needed to know that everyone in Superman's life is safe and sound and existing in that little future flash. We could just assume or guess as to some of them, and since we didn't see Jimmy onscreen anyways, I think it was a pointless little "homage" to mythos.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎