Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olson you better be getting this

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea it was a nice nod to real jimmy, to bad they had to do the whole recton to jimmy last yr. but yea i would say jimmy from the funreal last yr was maybe around 12-13 yrs old, so then since a yr has past since then and in 2013 he would be around 17-18 yrs old and likely an intern working at the planet.

Comment

That younger brother of Jimmy's looked like he was 8-10 years old last year. So at best in 2013 he would be 14. I doubt he'd be hired at such a young age. Or that his father would allow him to work in a job dealing with danger at such a young age after what happened to his older son.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        That younger brother of Jimmy's looked like he was 8-10 years old last year. So at best in 2013 he would be 14. I doubt he'd be hired at such a young age. Or that his father would allow him to work in a job dealing with danger at such a young age after what happened to his older son.

I'd say 12ish in that photo..

Jimmy has always looked young with a baby face.

Comment

Internship for high school? it should be fun to see how that works out..

Comment

I'm gonna say he's like 12/13 and he just wants to live like/honor his brother

Comment

yea you could push it and say he was a short 12 yr old, so then by the events of tonights episode he would be around 13 yrs old since a yr has passed. Then by 2013 he could be 16 turning 17 or close to it. and that would be a more reasonable age

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
                yea you could push it and say he was a short 12 yr old, so then by the events of tonights episode he would be around 13 yrs old since a yr has passed. Then by 2013 he could be 16 turning 17 or close to it. and that would be a more reasonable age
                Show canon has Chloe having an internship at 15(as unbelievable as a paper from another city would go all the way to Smallville looking for 15 year old interns), so theoretically lil Jimmy could be 11 in Doomsday

Comment

(Cue Maxwell Smart voice)

Would you believe the younger Olsen was a midget?!

Comment

None of this actually matters, because we will never see that 2013. It was just a tribute for what should come because that is what we are expecting from all the Supe movies and shows. If you noticed Lex was on the headlines too and he is DEAD as of now. I know Dr. Fate mentioned Lex in the future. All of this was just retcon and this first scene was just showing homage to the real Supes.

Comment

Originally posted by pjack
                      If you noticed Lex was on the headlines too and he is DEAD as of now. I know Dr. Fate mentioned Lex in the future.
                      I also noticed Lex is announcing that he is running for president 4 years away from an election. lol

Comment

Ah, they grow up so fast, don't they? Saw this happen to Worf's kid in Star Trek shows. My mom tells me Rapid Growth Syndrome is a staple of daytime soaps. I was actually anticipating it here.

The latest comic book canon, from what I've gotten to see of Geoff Johns' Secret Origin series, has Jimmy starting at the Planet as a young, struggling, unpaid volunteer who basically gave up on higher education and ran away from an unsupportive dad to try his luck in the big city. He's just about to admit defeat when a new pal gives him that one shot that makes his career....

Comment

You could say he was around 12 or 13 but say he was short for his age and went through a growth spurt in these two years, then make him an intern who usually gets coffee but Lois sees potential in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                            I thought the intern was Jeff lol. I thought Jimmy was just in the background somewhere we couldn't see.
                            Me too, I wanted to see old Jimmy back so bad

Comment

The entire Olsen debacle has been by far the most disappointing part of the series. It's best left alone now.

Comment

Originally posted by amberdawn
                                That little turd is not Jimmy.
                                Let it go people. There's no point in staying upset about this. Sure I've been angry with plenty of things the show has done, but I don't dwell on them forever. It hinders my ability to enjoy watching the show. And cut the kid a break. Why all the hate towards a kid? It's not like anybody actually SAID his first name was Jimmy. We could only assume.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎