Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music of "Salvation"

Talk about the music of this episode (if there is any) here!

well I would want to know which was the music that was playing when the last fight was between zod and clark

Comment

i i think it was all loius ferbe musical scores.

Comment

i miss the music scores and selections from earlier seasons. I forget the name of the previous music director.

Comment

that was mark snow he had great stuff too. but louis does great things too.

Comment

There was only one thing that I renember regarding the music... a few notes of the Superman theme when Clark opened the box with the Suit!

Comment

I also think I recognized a glimpse of the superman theme when the episode ended

Comment

Why is it the in seasons 1-4 we heard alot of good popular music, now you dont hear anything with words in it, sooo wierd.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornelia
                  There was only one thing that I renember regarding the music... a few notes of the Superman theme when Clark opened the box with the Suit!
                  Yes! It was very quick but it definitely there. I never knew his mother made his suit.

@TherealSuperman7. I prefer scores over band tracks any day.

Comment

Originally posted by TherealSuperman7
                    Why is it the in seasons 1-4 we heard alot of good popular music, now you dont hear anything with words in it, sooo wierd.
                    Royalties paid for modern day, private domain, lyrical music are through the roof.

When you had a budget upwards of $ 3 Million an episode royalties wont cut into the FX and Guest Star quality so much. When your episode budget is generally less that $ 2 Million, royalties become a problem; thus it is cheaper just to pay a salary for a staff composer.

Louis does a great job anyway, so I'm not complaining.

Comment

Louis has done a great job with the music this season...Thanks LF

Comment

Originally posted by TherealSuperman7
                        Back then it was a teenager show with more angst, drama, teen drama, so they needed songs

Today its a superhero show with still some of that stuff, but a Superman show. This is the stage where musical scores fit in better than songs.

For this episode my favorite music are the 2013 opening scene and the Clark/Zod ending fight/farewell.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                          Louis has done a great job with the music this season...Thanks LF
                          Yeah he did! I especially loved his score for the Kandorians' ascent.

Comment

He did a phenomenal job on that opening! I keep rewinding and watching it, largely to hear the score again.

We got the "bumpada bumpada" theme thing integrated with Dr. Fate's incredible voiceover as the cape goes flying up the screen -- wow territory right there! And then, as Clark wakes up, that pretty woodwind solo playing Mark Snow's Clark theme in a way that transports one right back to 1978, watching a silver screen's opening title. And then, as we see the reflection in the eye, the strings kick in....

Comment

I love Louis's music in the Barn Loft scene between Clark & Lois. That was a beautiful piece of music & I hope Smallville gets an award for that piece of music.

Did anyone ever notice that same music played twice on Salvation, one in the Barn Loft scene as Lois & Clark were talking, and the other when Lois & Clark/Blur kissed? Beautiful music! One of the best!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎