Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Isobel?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to say what exactly Damon's true feelings were. Unlike Stefan, who is so open about his feelings that you'd often like him to just shut up about them, Damon appears to be written as someone who often puts up a front to guard what he's really feeling, somewhat in the same manner as Isobel was doing in this episode. But almost right from the start he did treat Elena differently than anyone else, and we were getting scenes of him standing in her room watching over her while she slept etc. He also still had his love or infatuation or whatever it was he had with his illusionary vision of Katherine, but I don't think his interest in Elena was just because she looked like Katherine, or just to bug Stefan. It looked to me like he's always really liked Elena, even when she couldn't stand him.

Bonnie was looking weird in that promo. I hope they don't do some lame cop out and say she was possessed by Emily or whatever. It would be much better if Bonnie really is acting on her own and doing exactly what she wants to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
      I can't decide if I want Bonnie to accidentally trip and fall on vampire teeth or not in the finale.

Damon: "Elena, I didn"t kill her on purpose I swear! She just feel on my fangs!"

Comment

Damon definately treated Elena different. Initially it was his love/infatuation for Katherine. I think he has now come to genuinely care for her. The scene with him watching her sleep was prematurely shown IMO, but whatever. I saw a change more in 11 when they went to Georgia. I really don't think and hope its not a romantic love. It would be nice to see them really develop a strong and true friendship. That is hardly ever done in young adult drama, its always complicated by romance and sex. It would refreshing to see a man and woman have a real friendship..but this is CW so...
        Last edited by MsNJS; 05-08-2010, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Much better than last week's. This show seems to have trouble with endings though. Bonnie is worried Elena will never forgive her, oh no!!!! Seriously, who cares? THIS is the lead-in to the season finale? Reminds me of the ending where they "dramatically" showed cutesy Anna slowly closing the door to her vamp home...OMG!!! (not)

Not a fan of this show trying to make murderous vamps more likable, by revealing they happen to genuinely care about a few people. They tried to do it with Isobel here (didn't work for me), and they constantly try to do it with Damon. Damon's murdered way too many people and done way too much evil. Just because he may happen to truly care about his brother and Elena, that doesn't redeem him. If Stefan were truly bound by his conscience, he wouldn't stand for the existence of "animals" like Damon in the world. He would devote his "after life" to hunting down and exterminating every last one of them, only so he could then finally drive a stake into his own accursed heart.
          Last edited by Xanderman; 05-08-2010, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beastmaster
            Do you really think they are going to kill off Anna? I hope not. she is definitely one of the most interesting characters.
            Yeah, I am really fearful of this happening. The only thing that may not point to Anna is that TPTB stated a main character would die, and she is considered a guest star. So I am not sure. But I will seriously be pissed if Anna dies. However, I wouldn't be surprised because it would most likely spring a lot of development for Jermey next season.

Again, this better not happen. I really like her! As long as they don't kill Bonnie or Anna I'm all good.

Comment

LOVED Isobel, fantastic character. Can't wait to see more of her, hopefully next season.

Comment

Loved it. Everything in it.

Favorites-

The school scene with Isobel and Alaric. Couldn't stand the woman up until that point. Really tragic scene.

Damon, in basically every scene. I love his facial expressions.

Anna goes to Jeremy <3 I really hope she's not the one to die. I'm really thinking it will be more likely be John. Or the both of them.

Bonnie's reveal. Though I wasn't really surprised by it because she was acting strange.

Damon doesn't trust the witch.

The whole "Damon is in love you". I loved Damon and especially Stefan's reaction.

Stefan's last scene with Damon. FINALLY stop being a wuss. But Damon still got him with revealing that John is Elena's real father.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MsNJS
                Per Usual- Ian Somerhalder made the show. Line delivery is his specialty. Somerhalder's chemistry with Dobrev really saves her acting. I LOVED him in the scene with Isobel, 'I do believe in killing the messenger..you know why? Because it sends a message!!'
                Oh yes that one too.
                Last edited by LuthorKent90; 05-08-2010, 09:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Gave it a 10…I have nothing to complain about, I do think Stefan is gonna be the lackey vamp if they don’t make him into tortured vamp again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
                    I thought it was a great episode this week. I was set on my feelings for Isobel, I was really hating her at first, but then she has those last conversations with Alaric and John and now I don't know what to think of her. I wonder if she'll be back for the finale.

I disagree with this. I don't think it was known that he's been in love with her since episode 3 since he hasn't been. He's been completely in love with Katherine the entire time. I do think that started to change though when they found that Katherine had never been in the tomb. I think at that point there has been a crack in Damon's feelings and he's starting to feel something for Elena. I'm not quite sure it's love yet but I definitely think it's more than just tolerating her for Stefan's sake. I do actually think he has a friend now.

Agreed. I definitely don't think he was in love with Elena by episode 3.
                    He was initially (obviously) interested because of her resemblance to Katherine and the fact that she was dating his loner vampire brother.
                    But then he started getting to know her as a person, and saw that she was absolutely nothing like Katherine except for the physical resemblance.

Damon definately treated Elena different. Initially it was his love/infatuation for Katherine. I think he has now come to genuinely care for her. The scene with him watching her sleep was prematurely shown IMO, but whatever. I saw a change more in 11 when they went to Georgia. I really don't think and hope its not a romantic love. It would be nice to see them really develop a strong and true friendship. That is hardly ever done in young adult drama, its always complicated by romance and sex. It would refreshing to see a man and woman have a real friendship..but this is CW so...
                    Spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                      Not a fan of this show trying to make murderous vamps more likable, by revealing they happen to genuinely care about a few people. They tried to do it with Isobel here (didn't work for me), and they constantly try to do it with Damon. Damon's murdered way too many people and done way too much evil. Just because he may happen to truly care about his brother and Elena, that doesn't redeem him. If Stefan were truly bound by his conscience, he wouldn't stand for the existence of "animals" like Damon in the world. He would devote his "after life" to hunting down and exterminating every last one of them, only so he could then finally drive a stake into his own accursed heart.
                      I agree to all of your points. Isobel was/is more or less a "female" Damon, imo. I don't think that she really cares for Elena. That was just some trick to keep "uncle John" in the line.

I'm waiting for Anna's revenge....

Comment

Just watch the episode again.
                        Bonnie really annoys me and I hope Damon sticks it to her good.

1. How is her conjuring a book that was in the house library, where they were standing, enough to convince anyone?
                        2. And then her little ritual to remove the spell was so lame, I can;t believe Damon let that slide. All she did was levitate the piece and make the fire burn hot. Shouldn;t the piece at least glowed or something.
                        3. Is Elena so vaccant that she cannot realize that Bonnie is completely different than what she was?

Comment

Interesting episode. It wasn't jumping out of my chair great but it had some great moments. I love the relationships between the characters: Damon and Alaric, Stefan and Damon, Tyler and Matt, Damon and Elena, etc. Isobel was very interesting, though I'm kinda glad they gave her some redemption at the end with Alaric. This sets up for the finale rather nicely. I'm kinda not liking Bonnie ATM. I understand she doesn't like vampires but last I checked she was a witch. Does she really have a right to judge? I really wish Jeremy and Elena can work out their differences. Hopefully now that he knows everything, they'll be more open to each other. Doesn't feel like we saw TOO much of Stefan. I felt as when he was their, he didn't really get much focus. Like he was just background. I dunno. Can't wait to see Katherine. Hopefully we get to see her in the season finale.

Hmmm.......I'll give it an.......8.5 and round it up to a 9 out of 10.

"I do believe in killing the messenger. Know why? It sends a message."

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎