No announcement yet.

8 months? Really?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lilah
    I thought the towers were being built since Crossfire?
    Zod was giving instruction to his people about getting the towers built, getting permits and the like, at the end of Pandora when Clark showed up. The tower idea was first announced in Crossfire.

Comment

8 mos, when the show started they were on the exact same timeline we were. But are they like 2 months ahead of us now or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
        8 mos, when the show started they were on the exact same timeline we were. But are they like 2 months ahead of us now or something?
        More than that I think.

Comment

Originally posted by utguardian
          Zod was giving instruction to his people about getting the towers built, getting permits and the like, at the end of Pandora when Clark showed up. The tower idea was first announced in Crossfire.
          I smell retcon lol... I'm pretty sure the way they're writing the show as of Persuasion is as if the towers started getting built between Crossfire and Kandor.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Dyanara
          They messed up when they had Lois missing for 3 weeks instead of 3 months. They've never been on the same timeline as us because of that. But in a way its surprisingly right because we have to assume that the season finale will be a year from the Doomsday events.
          Last edited by Lilah; 04-27-2010, 01:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

LOL the timeline makes little sense at this point. I think it's better if we ignore it and/or fanwank it.

Originally posted by Jaderoyale
            as the show is meant to span a year course with its episodes.
            They've clearly abandoned that formula this season. Personally I don't have a problem with it. I don't like the mess they've made of the timeline though.

Comment

The only thing it affects directly is the longevity of the Clois relationship. I want to know if they have been dating for that long according to the show's "canon". I tweeted Don Whitehead. Hope he gets back to me.

Comment

I alos think Lois should have been missing for 3 mos instead of just a few weeks. In the re-write I do in my head almost every week, she was in fact missing for more than 3 wks.

Comment

Wow. I hadn't thought about the time in relation to Clark and Lois. I can't believe they are supposed to have been dating for 8 months. They act more like they've been dating for 1 to 3 months.

They should be closer after 8 months of dating. If they haven't had sex after 8 months, I feel like it should have been a decision they came to that they wanted to wait while they grow comfortable with each other in a romantic way rather than coying around with the idea of when the right time would be while still so awkward about it.

Eh. Whatever. I guess I'll just live with it. I mean, while I think it would be a little strange to be at this stage in their relationship and acting like they've just started dating, I'm just going to put it up to being two busy people, a fictional universe, and a smoggy timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaderoyale
                    See now, this is what irks me. The timeline in SV is something that NEEDS to be addressed. I in NO way see 8 months passing from the space of Idol to Charade; it makes no sense; as the show is meant to span a year course with its episodes.

Also call me stupid, but in no way do i see Clark and Lois dating for 8 months and not saying the L word to each other, or sleeping together. Makes NO sense to me.
                    Agree, although the writing was generally way better in Charade than it's been in the last couple of episodes this is the kind of sloppy, inattention to key details that can really derail my overall enjoyment. Ditto for the time line. Lois and Clark get fired the next day (it's day time) and they're still wearing their "undercover" disguises. Did they spend the night in the Daily Planet elevator (LOL) just waiting to get fired. Plus the editor already had a copy of that day's newspaper with their faces plastered on it. Not credible at all. That could have easily been remedied by saying 3 days earlier, instead of one day earlier.
                    For Sachs, they should have omitted saying anything at all.
                    My advice to Smallville writers, avoid spelling out dates of any kind because none of those dates will end up being believable.
                    We know it's T.V. and an "alternate" universe. In the real world crimes don't get solved in under one hour. Fine, I get that, but just don't dangle those fake time lines in my face or I'm bound to have something to say.

Comment

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
                      Wow. I hadn't thought about the time in relation to Clark and Lois. I can't believe they are supposed to have been dating for 8 months. They act more like they've been dating for 1 to 3 months.

They should be closer after 8 months of dating. If they haven't had sex after 8 months, I feel like it should have been a decision they came to that they wanted to wait while they grow comfortable with each other in a romantic way rather than coying around with the idea of when the right time would be while still so awkward about it.

Eh. Whatever. I guess I'll just live with it. I mean, while I think it would be a little strange to be at this stage in their relationship and acting like they've just started dating, I'm just going to put it up to being two busy people, a fictional universe, and a smoggy timeline.
                      Well, the way Lois made it seem when talking to Chloe was that they were obviously over the "honeymoon" stage of the relationship. Which is clearly where Chloe is with Oliver right now. Am I the only one who doesn't mind them waiting to have sex? Frankly, I find it refreshing in a world of Gossip Girl, 90210 and Melrose Place type of shows. Superman is supposed to stand out as far as role models go right? Maybe he's a born again virgin...?

That last line was a joke.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Aficionado
                      Agree, although the writing was generally way better in Charade than it's been in the last couple of episodes this is the kind of sloppy, inattention to key details that can really derail my overall enjoyment. Ditto for the time line. Lois and Clark get fired the next day (it's day time) and they're still wearing their "undercover" disguises. Did they spend the night in the Daily Planet elevator (LOL) just waiting to get fired. Plus the editor already had a copy of that day's newspaper with their faces plastered on it. Not credible at all. That could have easily been remedied by saying 3 days earlier, instead of one day earlier.
                      For Sachs, they should have omitted saying anything at all.
                      My advice to Smallville writers, avoid spelling out dates of any kind because none of those dates will end up being believable.
                      We know it's T.V. and an "alternate" universe. In the real world crimes don't get solved in under one hour. Fine, I get that, but just don't dangle those fake time lines in my face or I'm bound to have something to say.
                      They got fired the morning after the Sacks party that was that night of their date but obviously they didn't make it so Clark prepared it for another night, not knowing if she'd actually show.

Clark: I'm glad you still came up after what we talked about on the street.

He's reffering to their conversation after being fired which took place the day before. So this is now the third night. We know this because there is a Chloe-Clark scene in the barn the day after he was fired [which takes place the day of the final scene in this episode]. So the episode takes place over a span of three days. And they're not wearing the same clothes. Clark was wearing a tux when he got fired and Lois her bunny outfit. She's wearing the same coat and he's wearing the blue shirt with the red and yellow tie.

So that time line is fine. There's nothing really wrong with that part of the episode.
                      Last edited by Lilah; 04-27-2010, 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I thought that the one year per season timeline got abandoned after they graduated high school...so from season 5 on it has been varying timeframes for each season...

Comment

Originally posted by Lilah
                          Well, the way Lois made it seem when talking to Chloe was that they were obviously over the "honeymoon" stage of the relationship. Which is clearly where Chloe is with Oliver right now. Am I the only one who doesn't mind them waiting to have sex? Frankly, I find it refreshing in a world of Gossip Girl, 90210 and Melrose Place type of shows. Superman is supposed to stand out as far as role models go right? Maybe he's a born again virgin...?

That last line was a joke.
                          To me it seems like they are more stuck in the early stages of a relationship rather than having progressed through a honey moon stage and moved on to something else. Their problems seem like very early relationship problems rather than later on in a relationship problems.

I don't know, that's just how I see it.

I actually wouldn't mind if they waited - if they decided to wait and not because banshees show up at the hotel. It's the awkward trying to find the right time thing that I don't like. If they were waiting until the right time, I would like them to seem 100% comfortable in their relationship before even thinking about it. I don't see them being ready.

Comment

Originally posted by bluewolv1970
                            I thought that the one year per season timeline got abandoned after they graduated high school...so from season 5 on it has been varying timeframes for each season...
                            It sure seems that way doesn't it...

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
                            To me it seems like they are more stuck in the early stages of a relationship rather than having progressed through a honey moon stage and moved on to something else. Their problems seem like very early relationship problems rather than later on in a relationship problems.

I don't know, that's just how I see it.

I actually wouldn't mind if they waited - if they decided to wait and not because banshees show up at the hotel. It's the awkward trying to find the right time thing that I don't like. If they were waiting until the right time, I would like them to seem 100% comfortable in their relationship before even thinking about it. I don't see them being ready.
                            I don't know. I think Charade catapulted them to a completely new and different level. Whereas things were easier up to the end of Escape, now they're more complicated. Mostly because of the secrets and lies. What I meant by the "they are past the honeymoon stage" comment is based on what Lois said when talking to Chloe. She was reminicing on how it was in the beginning when "she'd wake up and there would be a text or an email from him" just like Chloe got a text from Oliver right before. They're past that "cutesy" stage where they text each other randomly. Some couples actually never grow out of this. And to be honest, I think the only reason they're past this stage is because they're almost avoiding each other. Or at least Lois has been MIA from him. But that's mostly because she's Robin to the Blur's Batman and she's doing stuff for him and promised not to tell anyone. So she's been avoiding and lying.
                            Last edited by Lilah; 04-27-2010, 10:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It's funny , if you asked them(the show) I bet they would have no clue either and would just be like "Umm, its been ....um.. months..yeah!"

Comment

SV follows the moon calendar. We get a ridiculously big full moon every episode, so that means they happen every 28 days. Anyway, the timeline got screwed when they built the towers in only a couple of weeks when it should take at least 18 months. No one pays attention to the timeline in the writers room.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎