Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couldn't Clark have given Lois a Blur code?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't Clark have given Lois a Blur code?

Clark could have left Lois a note with a Blur code rather than cutting off communication. I was wondering why he didn't do that. Maybe he thinks that Lois could be wondering how does she know if she was talking to the actual Blur at that moment he gave her the code. Or perhaps if Zod finds out the code. Even by cutting her off, if Zod contacts her as the Blur & she hangs up on him, Zod's gonna get pissed & will attack her since he can easily find out where she lives.

So logically, cutting her off is a bad move & won't do anything.

Good point. Maybe if he said "Boy Scout" at the start of every call she would know it was really him just so that she can still feel included in his life and know that she has his confidence as a contact.

Comment

Well, the only way out seems to be telling Lois he's the Blur. Since this version of Clark hasn't worn glasses since meeting Lois, they can't pull off the classic situation where Lois sees both Clark & the Blur and not know they're the same person.

So even if he uses a code, Zod could hear it with superhearing (something he didn't have when he first appeared), and if he cuts her off then Zod could still call her & get pissed & attack her when she hangs up on him. Seems to be a lose-lose situation until he tells her.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        this version of Clark hasn't worn glasses since meeting Lois, they can't pull off the classic situation where Lois sees both Clark & the Blur and not know they're the same person.
        I loved L&C when it was on the air, but the whole "you-can't-tell-that-I'm-Superman-with-my-glasses-on" seems so antiquated.

So even if he uses a code, Zod could hear it with superhearing (something he didn't have when he first appeared), and if he cuts her off then Zod could still call her & get pissed & attack her when she hangs up on him. Seems to be a lose-lose situation until he tells her.
        I really think that's the direction they're going with. However, if they do in fact do that and mind wipe her in the Season 10 premiere, I won't be happy.
        Last edited by Aries83; 04-24-2010, 01:12 AM.

Comment

If they mind wipe her, I think J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter will do it. I hope they don't mindwipe her or Lex since that would make so much of the show meaningless.

Comment

I hope they don't mindwipe her or Lex since that would make so much of the show meaningless.
            EXACTLY, even if MM does it

Comment

No, a code would be just as risky. If Zod called, and she asked him to prove its really him by using the code to figure out who she is talking to - who knows if Zod would blur down there and rip her throat off?

Comment

The least he could have done is to tell her that someone is impersonating him. Even though he said if someone contacts you and says it's me don't believe them, that doesn't necessarily communicate the fact that someone has already done that. I mean, Zod isn't stupid, if Lois asks him what about when you said you wouldn't call again he'll just come up with an excuse and she'll believe him because she wants to believe him and she has no real reason not to. So this accomplished nothing but breaking both their hearts and potentially playing Lois into Zod's hands.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabeticDude202
                  No, a code would be just as risky. If Zod called, and she asked him to prove its really him by using the code to figure out who she is talking to - who knows if Zod would blur down there and rip her throat off?
                  Yes, but like I pointed out, he could still do that if he calls her & she hangs up on him. As a matter of fact, I expect that to happen since he doesn't know Clark broke off his Blur communication with Lois.

Comment

Didn't think of that, but I guess he could have given her a password, but then maybe someone could have eventually tapped into their phone calls and stolen the password. It's probably not a good idea for them to exchange phone calls.

Comment

Yes - short answer.

Comment

The whole point was trying to continue any kind of relationship with her as the Blur was too risky and it was best to just cut it off completely. It wasn't just because of what Zod did. That was just the final straw that made Clark realize how devoted Lois was to the Blur, even to the point of putting her life in danger because of it. He saw this in Metallo and Idol as well but thought because he stopped calling her it would be ok. The Zod thing made him realize it wouldn't be.

Comment

Wasn't like half the reason the Blur cut off contact with her because of the whole kidnapping thing? Yeah, he could've said someone's impersonating him, but at that moment, that wasn't his only concern--he's been aware that Lois' contact with him put her in danger, but this time the government itself actually got ahold of her due to her interaction with the Blur. And to be fair, Clark did warn that someone might try to impersonate him in the future, so it's not as though he didn't address that at all.

As for speculation, I'd say Smallville's continuity is far enough removed that Clark could reveal himself to Lois upon becoming Superman, using the glasses mostly for strangers and non-Lois coworkers (as I doubt he's much of a celebrity at the DP for now). Not that that'd stop people from disowning the show for the billionth time...

Comment

I hope they don't mindwipe her or Lex since that would make so much of the show meaningless.
                            Just found this posting and it's so sad in hindsight.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎