Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They did not just do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a mess imo - how can anyone think this is a triangle for two or that it can work? For one thing Lois NEVER SEES THE BLUR - she is simply in love with the idea of the blur - and as the show has pointed out that means anyone with a voice modulator and a cell phone...in the comics at least she sees both clark and superman (flimsy disguise notwithstanding) regardless of whom she is actually dating...next it isn't even a triangle for two because right now Zod is the blur to lois...Another problem is clark has no other persona so unless he tells her the secret (which from a storytelling standpoint I hope) this relationship is going to continue to be convoluted...another thing (IMO) is that Lois saying she shouldn't know the blurs secret is a little hollow (not a criticism of lois) - and seems like a convenient excuse for clark to not tell her...Since they introduced Lois way early before clark is superman they may as well go all the way and let her know the secret before he is Superman as it will alllow for more organic writing and not feel like a stall tactic (much like not flying is at this point)...

Comment

Originally posted by morrigan01
      Yes they did.

I know everyone is screaming and feeling sorry for Clark. But guess what? By cutting his Blur side off from Lois, he's now only giving her half of himself.

Because The Blur side of Clark is just as real as the Clark-side of him. The guy who goes out every day and protects people and saves lives? That guy isn't a fake person. He's real. And he was the one calling Lois for a time, and is the one Lois became loyal to.

Lois just lost a real part of the guy who was standing right in front of her. The question left at the end really is - is half of Clark enough for Lois?

And you know what? Realistically? No, it shouldn't be.
      I like how you explained things... Clark Kent...isnt enough for Lois...cos as you said so well....the Blur side of CK....is also a very real part of himself...thats he hiding from Lois...so No...is the correct & only proper answer...to Clarks question.

I noticed some fans are pretty upset at Lois...for hesitating...and not coming out right away & telling CK...he is all she needs...because they feel....Lois is somehow saying..that she really isnt in love with Clark.

I dont have any doubts...that Lois is in love with Clark....but she has developed...this strong emotional bond & connection to the Blur...its not love though...as Lois said herself to Clark up on the roof...."its differant" from what she feels & has with CK....her work with the Blur....has given Lois something...that even her love & feelings for CK...couldnt give her...and I think its unfair of people to think badly of Lois...because we as fans know...that the Blur & CK are the same person....Lois doesnt know that....yet...so...her confushion about where the Blur...fits into her life & feelings for Clark... ..should be understandable...it shouldnt be seen...as a negative thing..or put Lois & Clois...in a bad light.

If Lois had told Clark ..he is all she needs....I dont see.. how that would solve anything...because then CK would have to think to himself...if he tells Lois or she somehow discovers.....hes the Blur...hed then have to be worried...Lois might reject...the Blur side of him....since she told him...she only needed....Clark Kent in her life......so..in the end...even a YES to his question...wouldnt really help Clark sleep better at night.

As a Clois fan....I also would have liked to have seen..a happier ending..as I was kinda po'd about how the show ended....but I thought the episode was terrific & Ive watched it often & especially that last scene...and I think they did a marvelous job...of keeping us emotionally invested in whats going to happen with CK & Lois...and thats what good storytellers do....their job is to entertain us & keep us fans interested in the show & care deeply about the characters...even if...they sometimes do things..that might upset some of us.

The fact that so many people...were affected by that roof top scene...with many people either upset at Lois or feeling badly for her...and for CK ...shows they did a great job.

Comment

I wasn't angry at all. This isn't LnC where it was "Clark Kent is who I am, Superman is what I do". Lois isn't choosing the glitz and glamour of the superhero over the man standing in front of her. It's not like that at all.

I said this in another thread. Life without purpose is worthless, in my opinion. Clark has a purpose. He said it to Chloe in Hex. That he wakes up with a purpose every morning and that's who he is. They have shown Lois wanting to make a difference through her journalism and by helping the Blur. She mentioned it in Plastique to Clark how she's more proud about uncovering the truth. And she's mentioned a few times that helping the Blur gives her life more purpose.

So Lois just lost her job and has been told that she can never help the Blur again. Her purpose is gone. Imagine if Clark stopped the heroics and that his purpose was gone. Would his relationship with Lois be enough for him? Of course not. The same applies to Lois.

Also, the lines between Clark and the Blur are not clear-cut. This isn't like Dean Cain's Clark creating a disguise to protect his identity. This Clark Kent has been saving people's lives for YEARS as himself. No disguise. Nothing. He is just as much the Blur as he is Clark. And if Lois had ended it saying "yes, Clark you are enough", it's just false happiness, false security and a glossing over of the real issues that were created the minute Clark started only sharing parts of himself with Lois.

If Lois is meant for Clark, she will be the woman who loves all parts of him. How can Clark be enough when he only gives her a percentage of himself? When he doesn't share his purpose in life with her?

The conversation that Clark had with Chloe shows that Clark realized that he is only getting parts of Lois and he wasn't happy. That's not enough for him. He wants all of her. The same applies to Lois, even though she doesn't know. She feels something is missing but she doesn't know what. They won't be enough for each other if they keep sharing only parts of themselves.

I really can't wait for the climax to this set-up because this version of the triangle is easily showing why Lois is perfect for all aspects of Clark. How Clark feels about his purpose in life, Lois feels the same way. Ugh. I hope this long thing made some sense.
        Last edited by dogstar85; 04-26-2010, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Well we'll probably only have to wait 2 weeks to know how Lois answered that question.

Unlike in LnC when Clark asked Lois to marry him in the season ending episode of S2 and we had to wait 4 months to hear Lois's answer. The first episode of season 3.

BTW I also think part of the season cliffhanger will have something to do with her answer to his question "I'm I enough for you"
          Last edited by supercatmom; 04-27-2010, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by asha14
            Well then maybe Clark should go home and listen to Frank Sinatra's All Of Me and get a clue by four
            Considering the circumstance, these rolling heads seem sacrilegious. However, stay they shall.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Vergon6
            I predicted this before but I will say it again. The final seconds of the season finale will be "Lois, there's something I have to tell you. I'm...." TO BE CONTINUED lol

Will he say "I'm in love with you"? "I'm The Blur"? "I'm breaking up with you?" Tune in months from now. Same Bat Time...Same Bat....wait wrong show lol

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Anyways my prediction is that Lois goes away to think about things, give herself and Clark some space. She comes backs sure she wants Clark and that's enough, but then the fake Blur comes back in her life and throws everything into chaos, hurtling them towards the final moments of the season finale.

You know what? I appreciate this, I really do. You have brought lightness to an otherwise very funny (at times) but mostly emotional, consuming, and heartbreaking episode.
            Thanks!
            Last edited by u2rocks2009; 04-27-2010, 02:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Is it only me that actually enjoyed the end? I hate it when things are wrapped up and dead set.

Finally, after quite a while, I /really/ want to know whats going on in future eps - this is what the earlier seasons used to do to me!

Comment

Originally posted by dogstar85
                I wasn't angry at all. This isn't LnC where it was "Clark Kent is who I am, Superman is what I do". Lois isn't choosing the glitz and glamour of the superhero over the man standing in front of her. It's not like that at all.

I said this in another thread. Life without purpose is worthless, in my opinion. Clark has a purpose. He said it to Chloe in Hex. That he wakes up with a purpose every morning and that's who he is. They have shown Lois wanting to make a difference through her journalism and by helping the Blur. She mentioned it in Plastique to Clark how she's more proud about uncovering the truth. And she's mentioned a few times that helping the Blur gives her life more purpose.

So Lois just lost her job and has been told that she can never help the Blur again. Her purpose is gone. Imagine if Clark stopped the heroics and that his purpose was gone. Would his relationship with Lois be enough for him? Of course not. The same applies to Lois.

Also, the lines between Clark and the Blur are not clear-cut. This isn't like Dean Cain's Clark creating a disguise to protect his identity. This Clark Kent has been saving people's lives for YEARS as himself. No disguise. Nothing. He is just as much the Blur as he is Clark. And if Lois had ended it saying "yes, Clark you are enough", it's just false happiness, false security and a glossing over of the real issues that were created the minute Clark started only sharing parts of himself with Lois.

If Lois is meant for Clark, she will be the woman who loves all parts of him. How can Clark be enough when he only gives her a percentage of himself? When he doesn't share his purpose in life with her?

The conversation that Clark had with Chloe shows that Clark realized that he is only getting parts of Lois and he wasn't happy. That's not enough for him. He wants all of her. The same applies to Lois, even though she doesn't know. She feels something is missing but she doesn't know what. They won't be enough for each other if they keep sharing only parts of themselves.

I really can't wait for the climax to this set-up because this version of the triangle is easily showing why Lois is perfect for all aspects of Clark. How Clark feels about his purpose in life, Lois feels the same way. Ugh. I hope this long thing made some sense.
                Nice post. I totally agree

Comment

When you stay connected to yourself, you win. And you know what, somebody else doesn't have to lose for you to win. There is always enough. 12:58 PM Apr 25th via web cassidy freeman via twitter

Comment

So sad.

Comment

• I know, I was sad.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡