Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alia, Brainiac & his end game, and the Book of Rao (theory, no spoilers please)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed reading your theory Xray, and not for the first time, I just wish the writers had so much creativity and so much imagination to actually write more complex stories. I'm afraid that your theory is too complicated for the writers of SV. I fear that whoever X was or the Brainiac-Alia connection won't be resolved and we'll be left with more plotholes as usual. Too bad that the writes haven't got enough fantasy and don't plan beforehand their stories. I heard that Lost, House MD and some other shows were written in advance as a whole and have endings that were planned from the beginning. I wish SV writers planned at least a season back. And I wish they didn't leave us with more questions than answers and with all the best things happining in offscreenville...

Just my wishlist

I hope that your theory will prove right (or at least partly right)

Comment

Originally posted by ox007
      I heard that Lost, House MD and some other shows were written in advance as a whole and have endings that were planned from the beginning.
      This is exactly how I set up my Smallville season 7 fanfic episodes. I started with an outline & then added the milestones of the seasons & paced it like that. Between the milestones, I made sure the story was being developed so that the pace went well. Then I added specifics & details to my outline & came up with season titles. I never finished writing episodes 4-22 of the season but still have the plan. In the end, I wound up with a fully planned season (where I finished the first 3 episodes) with no fillers whatsoever. And I wrote my episodes based on the plot & then decided which characters would be involved instead of basing the plot on which characters should be included like Smallville has done since season 4 when they decided to write the stones plot based on Lana's involvement, which clearly shouldn't have happened.

But thanks for the kind words. I'm betting that the various signs pointing to Brainiac's return will end up being unintentional/coincidental and nothing of the sort will happen. Every time I come up with a blockbuster theory like this, it never ever happens.

Comment

The voice from the orb will materialize in the finale...........hopefully!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
          The voice from the orb will materialize in the finale...........hopefully!!!!!!!

Or next season.

Comment

As much as I like this theory, I really do think we would have seen more clues to support this by now. If they pull this off in the finale, it would seem to come out of nowhere. Alia being Brainiac does support Alia having powers but I think that's putting to much faith in the writers. We would have seen more of Alia, and she would still be alive at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man
              As much as I like this theory, I really do think we would have seen more clues to support this by now. If they pull this off in the finale, it would seem to come out of nowhere. Alia being Brainiac does support Alia having powers but I think that's putting to much faith in the writers. We would have seen more of Alia, and she would still be alive at the moment.
              Well, based on this, Alia would be dead because Brainiac would have killed her after reconstructing his own body & ditching her to jump into it. The theory entails Brainiac shapeshifting to look like Alia after killing her & time traveling to the past (2009) as full-on Brainiac in his own body but in Alia's form. Then once he convinced Clark that the ninja girl who came back with Lois died, he would move on to look for the Book of Rao. Signs of these things would have to be uncovered by Clark in the show for it to make sense to the general viewers, but I think the payoff would be huge because it would explain so many things, like who the voice of the orb was, why the new timeline "Alia" killed Jor-El (because it would have been Brainiac possessing Alia), how "Martha" knew so much of the Book of Rao (because that Martha would be Brainiac too), how General Zod would ultimately take Major Zod's body as his vessel, and many other things.

Comment

Anyone willing to adopt this explanation for Brainiac's return as we saw it in Homecoming?

Nevermind, I see he's Brainiac 5. I'd like to think there's still a copy of evil Brainiac somewhere though since both Brainiacs exist in the comics.
                Last edited by xrayvision; 10-15-2010, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                  Anyone willing to adopt this explanation for Brainiac's return as we saw it in Homecoming?

Nevermind, I see he's Brainiac 5. I'd like to think there's still a copy of evil Brainiac somewhere though since both Brainiacs exist in the comics.

The Brainiac in Homecoming is "The Brainiac", he introduced hisself that way, there was no mention of Brainiac 5 in the eppisode. Brainiac 5 is organic.

Comment

The Brainiac in Homecoming is "The Brainiac", he introduced hisself that way, there was no mention of Brainiac 5 in the eppisode. Brainiac 5 is organic.
                    Not true, he says he is reprogrammed as Brainiac 5. I believe it's in the scene where they are at Jonathan's funeral.

Clark is the one who refers to him as Brainiac.

Comment

Yeah this is the Smallville version of B5. A reprogrammed version of the original.

Comment

I'm so confused about something... Didn't Clark get the Book of RAO from Lionel's Kryptonian library? Wasn't it that Martha inherited the library when Lionel died and the Book of RAO was in there?

Comment

In Legion: Rokk says that they will try to reprogram Brainiac into something useful, and Imra hopes that "Brainiac 5" will be a little more friendly.

Homecoming: Brainiac said he joined the legion, created some technology that brought them into the new age of heroism and the 31st century called him Brainiac 5

I actually think he is a combo of DCAU and LOSH Brainiac 5:

from wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainiac_5
                          Superman: The Animated Series
                          Main article: Superman: The Animated Series
                          In Superman: The Animated Series, Brainiac 5 made a cameo appearance in the episode "New Kids In Town", chatting with fellow teammate Triplicate Girl. Its unclear if he, in fact, uses the name Brainiac 5 or has any connections to Brainiac. However, his costume included a chest symbol comprising three circles forming an inverted triangle. This closely resembled the discs on the animated Brainiac's forehead (and his icon when he was a computer program), suggesting some kind of connection between them. It was revealed on commentary on the Superman: The Animated Series Vol. 3 DVD box set that this character was in fact Brainiac 5.[citation needed]
                          [edit] Justice League Unlimited

Main article: Justice League Unlimited
                          He reappeared in an episode of Justice League Unlimited ("Far From Home") voiced by Matt Czuchry. It is revealed that Brainiac learned to pass its code biologically and created Brainiac 5 as an organic being; unfortunately for Brainiac, Brainiac 5 rejected evil and joined the Legion of Super Heroes. Here, he brings Green Arrow, Supergirl, and Green Lantern into the future to help him battle the Fatal Five. In the short time of meeting each other, Brainiac 5 and Supergirl fall in love. After the Fatal Five are defeated, Supergirl chooses to remain in the future with him and the Legion. Back in the present, Superman receives a holographic message explaining why she stayed, one of them being that, "I met this boy...", when he finishes watching the video, he asks Green Arrow and John, "so this boy Kara likes so much, does he have a name?", leaving both of them in an awkward position.
                          [edit] Legion of Super-Heroes animated series

Main article: Legion of Super Heroes (TV series)
                          In the new Legion of Super-Heroes animated series, airing Saturday mornings on The CW, Brainiac 5 is a part of the core Legion team and its youngest member (in season 1). His voice is provided by actor Adam Wylie. In the series, Brainiac 5 is Coluan, a nano-based cybernetic organism that not only possesses 12th-level intelligence, but can assume a human-like form. His human-like form can also alter its shape to create tools and weapons, much like the reboot Legion member, Gear. His AI core is based on the original Brainiac 1.0 (voiced by Corey Burton), from whom he tries to distance himself as best as possible.
                          Unlike many versions where he is portrayed as cold and unfeeling, this version of Brainiac 5 is considerably more emotional. He often appears eager to prove himself to his older teammates, particularly the original Superman; Brainiac 5, unlike his villainous ancestor, idolizes Superman. However, his high intellect and his emotional nature often cause him internal conflict; for example, he idolizes Superman, but knows intellectually that he cannot reveal many of the things he knows lie in the future for Superman once he is returned to his own time, as Superman's knowledge of 'future' events could change what is, for the Legion, history. In the second season episodes "Chained Lightning", and "Message in a Bottle" Brainiac 5 grows close to Shrinking Violet; however, as the series ended it remains unknown if this was an intended romance or not.
                          In the second season premiere, Superman X (a clone of Superman from the 41st century) hints that someday, Brainiac 5 will be responsible for something terrible in the future. The starting phase occurs in "Message in a Bottle", when Brainiac 5 was forced to tap into the data of Brainiac, who had been observing Brainiac 5 since he came online. Brainiac 5 travels within himself to meet with his ancestor, where he is offered data from the original Brainiac. Brainiac 5 forcefully accepts the 'gift' of data he needed to stop Imperiex from his ancestor, who hinted it to 'open new avenues of possibilities'.
                          Soon after using the info he obtained to save Kandor and restore it to original size, Brainiac 5 begins to suffer data corruption as Imperiex intended from the start, becoming cold and unfeeling in the process. Once completely under his ancestor's influence during the "Dark Victory" series finale, Brainiac 5 assumes a new form in homage to his ancestor and leaves the Legion to join Imperiex's army, taking command after killing Imperiex. Once overpowering the hivemind on his homeworld of Colu with his will, Brainiac 5 intends to bring "order" to the universe, destroying any who interfere. Thanks to Superman and Superman X, Brainiac 5 managed to regain control over himself and overpower his ancestor. In the process, Brainiac 5 becomes a pure organic being as he discards his robotic armor. To cope with this new state and his recent actions, Brainiac 5 leaves the Legion. The robotic parts, in turn, combine to form a new evil Brainiac, leaving Season 2 with a cliffhanger, which Season 3 was intended to finish until it was canceled

Comment

Originally posted by AntiRellik
                            I'm so confused about something... Didn't Clark get the Book of RAO from Lionel's Kryptonian library? Wasn't it that Martha inherited the library when Lionel died and the Book of RAO was in there?

No. The Book of Rao came from Jor-El when he and the rest of the Kandorians came out of the Orb. Jor- El hid the BoR in the Kent house. Chloe saw where Jor-El hid the BoR via security cameras she put in the Kent house and did nothing to recover it. Tess was tapped into Chloe's security system and took the BoR out of the Kent house. I think Martha later took it from Tess at gunpoint and gave it to Clark.

Where the BoR is now?
                            1. It could of transported itself with the Kandorians.
                            2. Clark has it.
                            3. Darksied has it.
                            4. The building's Janitor has it and is using it for a keychain.

Comment

Given that [SPOILER]Callum Blue is said to return for 1 more appearance as Zod[/SPOILER] and how the evil 21st century Brainiac has to return so he could be Superman's frequent enemies, I would like to see some of the things in this theory implemented. Like the path I laid out that explains Brainiac as the voice coming from the orb where the source would be that black Brainiac crystal while the orb would have been tapped into by him as a voicebox to communicate with Tess.

They wouldn't even have to delve into the detail that I did. A simple scene where Brainiac returns & thanks Tess for stealing the black crystal & causing it to meld with the orb to give us the notion that he was released the same day the Kandorians were released while Clark is present & realizes that he took the form of Alia.

I would do the scene by having Zod return to help Clark after getting reformed in Apokolips, the pocket universe, or wherever it is he & the other Kandorians went. Zod brings technology that could rid the presence of Darkseid or his influence from people (perhaps the Book of Rao). Then, Clark realizes that he could free Slade of Darkseid's influence & opens the Phantom Zone portal to retrieve Slade, but in doing so, General Zod's phantom also escapes as Slade attacks Zod. Then Brainiac shows up & joins in. He impales Zod with a small blue-k knife & is then attacked by Clark. While Zod is writhing in pain, Slade approaches him and is in the process of giving him a death blow. Clark sees him but is delayed by Brainiac long enough to prevent him from saving Zod from being killed by Slade. As Zod is dying, General Zod's escaped phantom swoops in towards his body and Major Zod sees it coming for him. He quickly yells at Clark to send his body to the Phantom Zone. While Clark is distracted, Brainiac removes the blue-k knife and smirks at Clark as General Zod's phantom possesses Major Zod's body. Clark heeds Major Zod's advice & sends General Zod, now in corporeal form, to the Phantom Zone as Brainiac is seen getting into his black ship form, which returns & flies off into space.
                              Last edited by xrayvision; 02-08-2011, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Man between this idea of Alia being Brainiac or possessed by him as a result of Brainiac infiltrating the orb, the idea of the Lex in Requiem being a clone or cyborg and the idea of Lex having killed the Jor-El clone, season 9 could have been so much better, not to mention the return of Lex. They never brought back the evil Brainiac for present day Clark/Superman to fight, which should have happened before the series ended.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎