No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "John May?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beastmaster
    Was I the only one who was half hoping for Anna to bite Chad's nose off when he got in her face like that? Getting him in so close to her like that was a nice touch of suspense, especially since we now know what those fangs look like.

What do you guys think Anna is up to by choosing for the live aboard program only people who had lots of potential in life but never amounted to anything? Is it all for publicity? Maybe she wants vulnerable disaappointed people who never fulfilled their dreams -- so she can help them do so with Visitor technology or whatever, and then they can run singing their praises? Or maybe they are the perfect guinea pigs for her to try to use Bliss on humans? Or maybe they just taste yummier? Thoughts?
    I had some of those same thoughts but what ever the reason, I think they might be specifically chosen just not for the reasons they chose Tyler.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow08
      Ryan told Erica, Jack and Georgie in episode 4 that if they were going to show the world what's underneath the fake human skin of the Visitors the Visitors would wipe the planet out.

With what those big metal toothpicks they carry or those seeker balls (witch Erika shot down tonight with ease) I could stand 20 yards back and take out a good 10 visitors with a M-16 by myself. So far the only superior tech the Vs have shown is their healing and the ability to travel through space.

Comment

this episode demonstrated to me that this show is better at using drama and emotion to generate excitement rather than hard action. The whole cast is getting closer to seeing the big picture finally. I can only hope they don't lose this momentum in the following weeks. Compared to the previous eps, I'd give this a 10/10

Old Ryan was spot on alien freak! his facial expressions, the way his whole body moved, the cold steadiness of his voice, so inhuman I was impressed.

I'm not ashamed to admit, part of me enjoyed seeing Tyler in pain!

Was I the only one who was half hoping for Anna to bite Chad's nose off when he got in her face like that? Getting him in so close to her like that was a nice touch of suspense, especially since we now know what those fangs look like.
        You thought of fangs? I expected a big, sticky, chameleon-tongue kiss that wrapped around Chad's head a few times

Comment

Originally posted by jsith99
          With what those big metal toothpicks they carry or those seeker balls (witch Erika shot down tonight with ease) I could stand 20 yards back and take out a good 10 visitors with a M-16 by myself. So far the only superior tech the Vs have shown is their healing and the ability to travel through space.
          Someone on the same page at last. I can guarantee you that if a Visitor
          was coming at me with their best weapon, one of those sword thingees,
          I would just shoot him with a standard pistol or rifle. Nothing fancy.
          These Visitors don't carry laser guns like in the original, they don't
          have fighter ships to shoot down enemies, and I think that I liked
          the venom better than the claws displayed in this episode. At least
          the venom would blind you. This isn't the V that I remember and
          nothing like it. It kind of feels like that American version of Godzilla
          with Mathew Broderick. It was more of a big lizard in New York
          than classic Godzilla. The name was just stamped on it to draw in
          nostalgic fans. It's getting harder and harder to watch this show,
          but I'll see it through the whole 12 episodes. I don't foresee a
          second season with the audience dwindling every single week.

Comment

Originally posted by Glove
            Someone on the same page at last. I can guarantee you that if a Visitor
            was coming at me with their best weapon, one of those sword thingees,
            I would just shoot him with a standard pistol or rifle. Nothing fancy.
            These Visitors don't carry laser guns like in the original, they don't
            have fighter ships to shoot down enemies, and I think that I liked
            the venom better than the claws displayed in this episode. At least
            the venom would blind you. This isn't the V that I remember and
            nothing like it. It kind of feels like that American version of Godzilla
            with Mathew Broderick. It was more of a big lizard in New York
            than classic Godzilla. The name was just stamped on it to draw in
            nostalgic fans. It's getting harder and harder to watch this show,
            but I'll see it through the whole 12 episodes. I don't foresee a
            second season with the audience dwindling every single week.
            I hear you Glove. But you have to admit that it is improving the last week or two. Maybe there's still hope.....! Fingers crossed.

Comment

The show has definitely improved, but it sadly isn't doing a thing for the ratings. The viewer numbers keep on dropping and dropping.

Comment

Originally posted by jsith99
                I gave it a 7 Why is the resistance so focused on the fifth colum yeah their gonna need their help but why dont they try to "OUT" a Visitor in the media so some of the humans will start questioning the Vs motives? I mean come on Mike and Julie figured this out back in the 80s (Julie pulling Johns fake skin off on live TV ) and this was an age before yutube and twitter
                I kinda agree. They just left the body of the girl with the claws on the floor. They could have brought that to the media. But I think Ryan said something in an earlier episode about how that would ultimately result in an all-out war and if the new motherships are like the old motherships, they have nuclear bombs on them.

----- Added 32 Seconds later -----

The show has definitely improved, but it sadly isn't doing a thing for the ratings. The viewer numbers keep on dropping and dropping.
                Viewership is actually going up in Canada:

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Ryan told Erica, Jack and Georgie in episode 4 that if they were going to show the world what's underneath the fake human skin of the Visitors the Visitors would wipe the planet out.
                I thought they needed water and humans?

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Glove
                I think that I liked the venom better than the claws displayed in this episode. At least the venom would blind you. This isn't the V that I remember
                That woman was quite the wimp and I think she could have kept her bluff up a bit longer. She's just young I guess and these Vs are only the worker Vs. We haven't seen the V soldiers yet but they're coming... and hopefully with venom and lasers!
                Last edited by resistorperish; 04-15-2010, 05:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

awesome episode, i almost cried at the end, thats big because its very hard for me to cry....

Comment

If Chad knew what was behind that grill of hers he wouldn't have gotten so close. See, he was trying to be sexy. One day though, he's gonna pull back a nub! And a bloody one at that!!

Comment

I'd rather that they kept Georgie and let the mercenary/arms dealer guy get whacked.

I wasn't into how they treated the whole John May thing.
                      It didn't make sense as to explaining how it is many other Visitors would have even known about him, and how is he connected with, or part of the origin of, the fifth column? Just a 'poster boy'?
                      They could have made more of a mystery out of John May, or at least attributed some important events to his rebellious activity, before the reveal.

Comment

I gave it a 7.

I wanted John May to be alive and to be some form of cool guy.

Acting between mother and son is a little shoddy. It looks like they just shoot one shot and that's it.

Also didn't like the fact that Ryan killed John May and I thought the flash back was a little shoddy.

Also why does Anna need an interviewer to help her? Surely if they were THAT intelligent they would have their people in every single field.

Apart from that it was pretty decent.

Also I too would like to see some lasers and I don't get how 4 people are trying to take down all the V's. We need to see an opposition army soon.

Zod.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎