Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Pound of Flesh?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, I did enjoy this episode a lot. I continue to love all the action that's going on on the mothership and seeing the resistance together continues to be a lot of fun for me. I'm surprisingly also liking the fast pace a lot. I didn't expect this when I first heard that Scott Rosenbaum would try to quicken up the storytelling.

However, I can see why this show is continuining to bleed viewers. Human characters like Tyler and Valerie continue to be underwritten. I would say they are more like concepts (Valerie=pregnant human woman with a hybrid child, Tyler=the whiny kid that is surrounded by a dark secret) instead of actual characters. And the human/visitor romantic relationships continue to be uncompelling to watch. Lisa/Tyler have been forced and contrived since the word go and I attribute their lack of chemistry to the way the relationship has been written. Ryan/Valerie never had any chemistry either, but at least they were still boring to watch in the first 4 episodes. At this point, they have become a huge turnoff. There's nothing there for viewers to latch on to except for them to hope that Valerie finds out the truth about Ryan and shows him the door. At the rate the show is going, I fully expect them to pair off Anna and Chad next. That's another potential romantic pairing that would be unappealing to watch due to lack of romantic/sexual chemistry, the actors being mismatched physically and a lack of a believable foundation for a hookup between the 2 characters. But that surely won't stop the writers from going through with it.
    Last edited by shadow08; 04-07-2010, 04:16 PM.

Comment

First off I don't care enough about George to risk any of the main characters lives so he should have just died on the ship. Instead they are going to spend all of the next episode trying to rescue him. And second the show is down to 6 million viewers, it cost a lot of money to make, and ABC doesn't own it. I dont' think this is very good news.

I like this show, but it needs something. I think it would have been better if tptb had more time to focus on the characters instead of just action. I like that we are taking a look into Erica and her ex husband's past, but the show should have started out more character centric.
      Last edited by EMLostfan; 04-07-2010, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I, for one, loved it!

I loved all the secret Resistance meetings, Hobbes going undercover, Evans family backstory, Ryan on the mothership meeting Joshua, Anna being a cold-hearted snake (hee), seeing Dr. Pearlman again, and The Resistance getting a win with the John May Lives message.

I was, thoroughly, entertained.

Comment

I like the show but I'm just kinda concerned they are going to cancel it. After watching last night I really enjoyed it, then I read the press and saw the ratings. I think it kinda bummed me out a little.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow08
            First off, I did enjoy this episode a lot. I continue to love all the action that's going on on the mothership and seeing the resistance together continues to be a lot of fun for me. I'm surprisingly also liking the fast pace a lot. I didn't expect this when I first heard that Scott Rosenbaum would try to quicken up the storytelling.

However, I can see why this show is continuining to bleed viewers. Human characters like Tyler and Valerie continue to be underwritten. I would say they are more like concepts (Valerie=pregnant human woman with a hybrid child, Tyler=the whiny kid that is surrounded by a dark secret) instead of actual characters. And the human/visitor romantic relationships continue to be uncompelling to watch. Lisa/Tyler have been forced and contrived since the word go and I attribute their lack of chemistry to the way the relationship has been written. Ryan/Valerie never had any chemistry either, but at least they were still boring to watch in the first 4 episodes. At this point, they have become a huge turnoff. There's nothing there for viewers to latch on to except for them to hope that Valerie finds out the truth about Ryan and shows him the door. At the rate the show is going, I fully expect them to pair off Anna and Chad next. That's another potential romantic pairing that would be unappealing to watch due to lack of romantic/sexual chemistry, the actors being mismatched physically and a lack of a believable foundation for a hookup between the 2 characters. But that surely won't stop the writers from going through with it.
            This.

Last week I gave "Welcome To The War" a 10. But this week? Meh...maybe a generous 7.

I am SICK of the Tyler/Lisa storyline. Someone please make it stop. For one thing the guy who plays Tyler is not the best actor and he...kinda grates on my nerves the more I watch him. There isn't any chemistry between him and Erica whatsoever. I just feel we are spending WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY too much time with him and the teeny-bop thing. I'm 35 years old. I want to see the adult relationships unfold. Mike Donovan's son was always in the background--and Tyler needs to join him there. LOL

It just seems that the creators of this show are missing what made V such a success: It wasn't about the action or cool special effects...it was about the CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. You actually CARED about what happened to Julie, Diana, Rubie, Ham, Donovon--shoot, even Donovon's MOTHER. This series has it all backwards it appears and "Pound Of Flesh" kinda drove it home for me sadly.

For example, the new ships seem cold and impersonal. Way too much technology and for viewers who are not into Sci-Fi that's GOTTA be turning them off. Ironically, the original series made a HUGE deal about how ordinary the interiors of the ships were. This version is way glammed up with the Sci-Finezz and I'm not sure how that's playing with viewers.

But let me say this: I DO like the direction that "Welcome" and "Pound" are going in. Things are improving. I will say that of the entire series the last two are the only episodes that I can recall what happened in them a day after the fact. LOL

----- Added 35 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by EMLostfan
            I like the show but I'm just kinda concerned they are going to cancel it. After watching last night I really enjoyed it, then I read the press and saw the ratings. I think it kinda bummed me out a little.
            What did the press say?
            Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 04-07-2010, 09:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

What did the press say?
              Just that V would probably get cancelled.

lightening strykes I totally agree with everything you said in your post. I didn't see the origional V, but this show needs to be character centric. Besides if you have Elizabeth Mitchell on your show freaking give her some meaty material.

Comment

I have to say I dont agree with the posters who say the show has too much action. I am just the oposite I dont think there is enough action. In the original every episode had some kind of armed conflict with the Visitors it was Ham Tyler mowing down lizards with his mac 10 or Mike Donovan shooting down skyfighters.

Comment

I did not like this episode at all. (I gave a very generous 3)

As was posted earlier, it is clear that the show is under new 'direction', and it no longer is exhibiting the potential that was there in the first 4 epi's.
                  It is none to subtle how they are 'cutting ties' with certain plotlines set forth in the beginning. They are re-imagining the re-imagining.
                  It seems like it is just turning into typical 2-D comic book sci-fi, when it could have been so much more.

I'm nowhere near giving up though.

Comment

I gave it a 7. It's watch-able and fun .
                    Last edited by Kneel Before Zod.; 08-07-2010, 08:37 PM.

Comment

good

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎