Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Dark Side of the Moon?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, gang, I finally saw this so time to add my 2 cents.

I thought this was overall an excellent episode but it also both ripped my heart out and left pissed as all hell. (more on that later.)

First, loved the "Then" flashback and great use of the title card!

Loved how casual Dean was with the hunters.

Sam, dead, again! And Dean's reaction (his look of supreme piss off)? Was perfect. And the fact that he was all "just shoot me" was wonderful too. And can I saw I was very impressed with Jared's "death" scene there.

"When I get back, I'm gonna be pissed." If I was those hunters....well, I wouldn't want to be them!

My first thought upon seeing Dean with young!Sam was 'Dean's heaven is to be with Sam?' I kinda squeed. That scene in the field was terrific, Colin really sold it and then the hug made it perfect. (Funnily enough, I had just been watching a Con vid from this last LA Con where Jensen was talking about that scene.)

Then Cas on the radio and Dean's question "How did I get into Heaven?" just tore right at me.

And so obvious that the 2 things Dean loves most are his baby and Sam.

Then Sam with that family (ha, the leg squeeze!).
    "Wow. Just...wow." You got that right, Dean!

And then Sam being sure Dean would make it to Heaven but he wouldn't. And Heaven being reliving your good memories (actually pretty clever of the writers!)?

Loved Cas on the TV and him being all touchy and snarky. Very cool.

The whole scene with the toy cars and the road, then segueing into the bedroom.
    "Apparently you 'wuv hugs'." "Shut up."

And then Mama Winchester, her not seeing Sam, the phone call (and the reveal that John and Mary once separated, even for a little bit?!), was amazing.
    That scene where Dean goes to comfort her? That was a punch to the gut (in a good way). And so very, very Dean. It explains a lot about why family is so important to Dean and why he is the way he is. Also his love of pie!

Then Sam's memories again. The dog was a great add on as well.

And Sam once ran away? For 2 weeks? After that my first thought was "wow, Sam, none of your memories are about Dean or family" and I knew that must really hurt Dean.

Then the memory of the night Sam left and Dean's being so hurt and pissed off.
    This bit here:
    "I'm your family. We're supposed to be a team. It's supposed to be you and me against the world."
    "Dean, it is."
    "Is it?" Just ripped into me.

Then the return of Ash. And the idea that everyone gets their own personal heaven (except for Soulmates, of course). I like it.

John and Mary not in heaven. I didn't think they would be. John escaped from the Devil's Gate in AHBL part 2 (and he twinkled away) and Mary? In Home didn't Missouri say that she basically obliterated herself in order to save Sam?

The return of Pamela (who I've always been kinda luke-warm about) and Sam and Ash geeking out on the computer. Pamela trying to talk Dean into saying yes (if she's right and Heaven's so great why don't we all just shoot ourselves so we can have the perfect Heaven?!).

Then Mary as Azazel (I know it was just Dean's fear but man! Creepy!) and Zachariah messing with Mama Winchester. Joshua and the talk in the garden was seriously annoying. I mean, God's message is to back off and he isn't going to intervene?

Cas's hope being crushed and Dean throwing the amulet away (after what happened in Heaven too, yeah, it felt like Dean had given up on Sam as well) was a shocker.

It was intense and real and revealed a lot but it was also hankie worthy and ripped my poor heart to shreds and made me pissed as all hell at several characters. Which, I guess that's a good thing.

But mostly I'm just waiting for Sam and Dean to pull together and realize that together? They can beat anything (or at least go down trying)!

So a well done, written and acted episode that left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎