Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of this episode?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of this episode?

Rate the episode
    10 - Best
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Worst
    0%

I really enjoyed the entire episode.. they are doing a really good job w/ sharp plot twists... I adore most of the actors on the show... I gave it a solid 10. My look of horror at 52 minutes in was replaced by a look of pure elation at like 56.... any show that can do that in my book gets a 10

Comment

I loved it. Great twists and really snarky writing

Comment

Loved the episode. It was really good. I'd probably give it a 9/10

Comment

This episode had me cussing up a storm at some of the twists. I might need a mouth soap rinsing.
          I loved it and give it a 10 but I do feel they are poorly writing Stefan’s character. He has become stale, stagnate and one dimensional. He needs to be written with a little more ummm…"life" & purpose .

On a girly note, Damon’s body was ummm….mmmmm…mmmmm freakin phenomenal. He really isn’t my cup of tea but the rips in his torso were very nice to look at.

Comment

Best episode of the season IMO. Ten.

Loved Damon so much, he really shone in this episode. That is EXACTLY how he would act and what he would do.

And yes, shirtlessDamon was a very nice touch

I also like how they show a more ballsy Stefan, like when he got up in Alaric's face a bit...that is something lacking in him in the books...

Comment

10/10...my fav episode so far! So many twists and turns, so many revelations and yet so many more quesitons. I love it!!!!

Loved Damon!!! And I will add my adoration for ShirtlessDamon!!! We need more of that please

Comment

Tonight's episode was pretty good, but not what I would expect off a long layoff like so. I wished they would have delt more with that vampire that escaped from the tomb and showed how Anna's mother is adjusting to 2010. When Alaric and Steffan first met in the open, I was kind of shocked that he didn't seem surprised that Steffan could come out into the sunlight. I guess that was off-screen. All things considered good eppy, just not great, and it left me without a "wow" factor that would've been appropriate from the long layoff. 7/10

Comment

Love shirtless Damon! I agree that after a long break I would have liked a tad bit more of what Anna and Pearl are up to. I like Anna, she's spunky and cool...but at the same time I think this epp was all about Damon and I like eisodes about him so I am okay with the focus. He's so interesting and complex a character. I can't get enough of him. I didn't really expect the Alaric twist at the end...I was kinda surprised that he confronted Damon...hoped that he wasn't gonna be dead--mostly cuz I didn't want Damon to kill him--but I have to admit I wasn't sure while it was playing out. Plus, I think how Damon acts, how he braggs about Isabelle and accepts the fact that everyone views him as a killer seems like something the Damon from the books would do. And I loved how when Elena told him off with tears in her eyes he totally looked upset and...possibly remorseful??? I love the expression on Stefan's face too in that moment. In this show Stefan seems like he cares more about his brother than the Stefan from the novels. I like that better, I think it makes it more complex and relatable. Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley are the perfect actors for these roles. Also, our two hottie vamps aside...I actually like Matt and his whole situation and story that they have created in this show. It's different and more rich and emotional than in the books. I got a lil teary eyed when he was sitting on the couch with his mom at the end. Anyway, good epp...but I still think my fave so far was the last one. And, where was Jeremy this epp?

Comment

It was great! They definitely threw in some major twists on us in this one. I'm trying to make sense of it all...but I just can't wrap my head around it.

Comment

LOVED it! I gave it at 10. I'm loving the plot twists....very intriguing!

Comment

9/10. Where's Bonnie?

Comment

Another great episode. Glad to see this show is back. They're still cranking out more plot in one episode than most shows do in half a season. The only slow-down is the Matt/Caroline storyline. They're both cute characters who would be fine on the other dozen or so CW shows that are based on school kid romance, but they don't seem to have a place in the main story of this show right now. It would have been better to give the screen time they wasted on them to Jeremy or Bonnie, or spent more time on Anna, Pearl, and Harper. Matt's interaction with his drunken disaster momma was very entertaining, but if they don't get him more involved in the real story it would be better to just kill him off or have him leave town or whatever.

Comment

Ok ep, far from great though for me. I just find it hard to really get into anything this show does anymore, owing largely to how temporary everything seems to be. Can't really be bothered to invest too much interest in anything happening or any character, because what you only start to care about they repeatedly take away just as fast. That's my number one beef about this show (major flaw). Too many plots one after the other, characters/actors being picked off just when you're getting used to them, etc. That's bad writing/showrunning to me. Suppose it appeals to short attention spanned teens though (ie. the target audience)?

Another thing that constantly bugs me is that Evil Damon is still alive. This is one long never-ending plothole to me that I just can't get past. He continuously murders humans and his own kind alike, and with no real lasting consequences for himself. The biggest plothole having happened recently, that being the bar witch that Damon ripped the beating heart out of. That vamp who spared him should have obviously found out about that, and then should have gone back after Damon to finish the job. So ridiculous.

Finally, Dobrev continues to annoy me. They could have done far better in the casting department where the Elena character is concerned. But it's too late now...or is it? Here's hoping the show pulls a Doctor Who and has Elena suddenly show up with a different appearance and personality next season. Seriously, show, I give you permission to do something so blatantly cheap and nonsensical--it's for the greater good.

6/10
                            Last edited by Xanderman; 03-27-2010, 04:10 PM.

Comment

^^I agree that they are ripping through plotlines pretty quickly. I would like to see at least one overriding arc for the season. But I also hate the reverse...shows that drag plot lines out so long no one cares anymore when they are resolved (if they get resolved at all). I will cut them some slack as it is season 1. Few shows have it all together right out of the box, it takes awhile to find a rythym and establish an identity. I think they just have a lot of story/back story to establish this season. My hope is that season 2 will be a little more long term in its pacing.

I disagree on Damon though. I love the character. I think we need an evil counterpart to Stefan's self-rightousness. I also think there is more to Damon than has been explored and his character has great potential to grow and develop. And I have to add that my opinion has nothing to do with how hot Ian is...I promise! Hot only gets you so far, you also have to be interesting.

But then again, I was an huge BTVS fan and always liked Spike better than Angel so maybe it is just a bad boy thing for me. I think they are more interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎