No Ordinary Family (ABC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Series premiere September 28 8/7c

Comment

I just saw the promo on tv and it appealed to me, but this could be one of those shows with respectable premiere numbers followed by a drop in viewership.

Comment

I interviewed Julie Benz!

Now come on and start posting more so I can give this one a sub-forum or something

Comment

And here's my interview with Michael Chiklis!

(Well, really part of a roundtable. Some of the questions were kind of dumb, I take no credit for those at all :P)

Comment

Thanks for the interviews...my most anticipated show for the new season.

Comment

I finally was able to see the pilot, which of course was screened at Comic-Con last week. They say they're tweaking/changing some things but I have to admit - I really loved it. Great acting from the entire cast, but also a good mix of drama, humor... and super powers. Sometimes when you add some humor to the mix it comes off as campy or stupid, and even the start of the trailer was kind of silly, but as part of the whole thing it really comes together into something good.

The effects are also really good, which I hope they can keep up on a weekly basis. Sure there are some "cheats" for some powers that they can do, but I think they'll pull it off.

I still hate the fact that it's on at the same timeslot as Glee, but I can say pretty much without a doubt that even though this thread isn't popping much now, it will be by September 28.

Comment

Interview with co-creator/executive producer Greg Berlanti at KSiteTV!

Comment

IGN gave it a pretty poor review, but I always find reviewers there to be extremely picky so I'm not put off. What do you think of their appraisal of the pilot, Craig?

Comment

Mostly disagree. The brightness of the show is something I really loved that I think set it apart. And the performances - particularly from Chiklis and Benz, though supporting cast members like Romany Malco are great too - really sell the project. As ridiculous as the situations are, you believe these characters, and I think a big part of it has to do with who is playing them. NOF could have been really stupid but I thought it was very, very well put together, and certainly a stronger pilot than Heroes had.

Comment

Yeah, it did seem like the reviewer's main complaint was that he wanted something grim, dark, and edgy. It's not like those qualities are a recipe for success anyway...as great as Heroes was in it first season, look what happened to it afterwards

Comment

Heroes did a great job of dark, grim, and edgy in Season One... but I'll admit now looking back, that show really didn't start popping for me until Future-Hiro showed up at the end of Episode #4. That's when I felt like "WOW, this show is amazing." And Season 1 got better and better. They had one of the best villains in television (Sylar) who posed a true threat. Great stuff.

But I think it's telling that Future-Hiro, and the promise of what's to come (which we never really got), is what ignited my interest. I think I wanted something hopeful, and NOF is. Having powers isn't easy or angst-free, but the fact that some of these characters embrace their new abilities - much like Hiro Nakamura did - make them immediately relatable and entertaining.

Allegedly they're changing some things from the first draft of the pilot.... I really liked it as it was, but maybe they'll address some of IGN's concerns. I think the show will be a very entertaining alternative for viewers, and hopefully it'll do really well, though.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see a light super powered show.

Comment

Originally posted by wingster55
                            It'll be interesting to see a light super powered show.
                            I think that's a major thing NOF has going for it. The Cape has some lightness going for it too, though I'm not entirely sure how that will go over.

By the way, here are two new preview clips:

KSiteTV is a website focusing on television series that fans get excited about, featuring show news, interviews, previews, and more.

Comment

I really liked the second clip.

The first clip reminded me a little of when the Fantastic Four got their powers (via the cool glow of the water).
                              Last edited by CallMeClark; 08-10-2010, 08:59 AM.

Comment

There is no other show I am looking forward to more than this one

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

I do hope they don't go the "Alien" reason for the powers later in the series, or at least they get to keep the instruction book
                                Last edited by STFanatic; 08-12-2010, 09:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎