Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

His name is Richard and this is his story.............

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Jacob's touch gives life. He touched Richard and he's ageless. Richard explained to Jack that Jacob's touch meant the select people of the crash that he touched could not be killed (Locke was killed so that probably means the exceptions are if they leave the island or if their killed by another candidate)

And we've seen Smokey's touch brings death. Every time he grabs someone they're dragged to their death.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
      Sorry I missed parts of the episode, but did they give a definite answer on how Richard remains ageless? Was the answer smokey's touch or something else?
      It was Jacob's touch but that wasn't really a new reveal though since Richard already basically told us this in Dr. Linus. In response to Hurley's question about why he looked the same he said "Jacob gave me a gift" in that ep. And in the same ep he told Jack he couldn't kill himself due to Jacob touching him (you know something, Jacob should really learn to keep his hands to himself....lol).

Originally posted by superhippie2000
      i also wonder why did jacob kick richards butt when he was going to be killed but didnt when ben killed him. i know jacob had hopes for ben but still ben didnt even come that fast at him. perhaps jacob is losing it in his acient age haha
      Lol. I talk about this here: http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...23#post6163923

To quote myself...

Originally posted by Xanderman
      He wasn't so 'mellow' the last episode though now was he....lol he beat the crap out of poor "Ricardo". haha, I was surprised by that, didn't seem like a very "Jacob" thing to have him do. I expected more of a Gandhi type "passive resistance" from him, talking Ricardo out of trying to stab him. Afterall, he gave Ben a "choice" about whether or not to stab him and didn't try to fight it, but Ricardo he put a hurt on. lol Make up your mind already Jacob. Clearly he "wanted" to die when Ben came a knockin', as part of his grand plan. Otherwise he would have exposed the manipulation of FLocke/Smokey or explained things better for clueless Ben, sort of like he did when he literally "knocked some sense" into Ricardo.

...Jacob clearly has various "powers", and I think one of them is seeing the future, or perhaps more accurately "possible futures" that would result based on what someone does or doesn't do (including himself). And his goal could be to help realize the best possible future(s). His other powers include giving "life"/healing by a mere touch. And he somehow was able to "bring" the ship Ricardo was on to the island, by some still unclear/vague manner. Or maybe it's all just time travel that gives Jacob this apparent insight into the future, meaning Jacob is basically channeling Terminator's John Connor, and acting to fulfill the past.
      ^^^Thanks, me, for explaining. I agree.

Originally posted by superhippie2000
      i think their touch is just a magic thing. cant explain magic it just is. but ya wish they would explain more but i guess they will explain everything in the last 3 episodes.
      I think darkphoenix means an explanation in terms of explicitly stating whether their powers/actions etc are "Egyptian god" related, or "super-being/alien/AU being" related, or science/technology related, or other etc, not necessarily how it works. It's still up in the air. Clearly they're saving this for later as you said. We didn't actually learn all that much new this ep, not really.

Originally posted by Tabularasa
      I think Jacob's touch gives life. He touched Richard and he's ageless. Richard explained to Jack that Jacob's touch meant the select people of the crash that he touched could not be killed (Locke was killed so that probably means the exceptions are if they leave the island or if their killed by another candidate)
      In Dr. Linus, Richard said the touch meant he couldn't kill himself (commit suicide), not necessarily that he couldn't be killed. (And he seemed pretty sure of that.) So that can explain how Locke could be killed (he didn't do it by his own hand). The idea of suicide not being possible is supported with Michael trying to kill himself before and not being able to -- that said, did they show Jacob ever touch him? If memory serves they explained it as "the island" not letting Michael die yet because it still needed him (he tried off-island as well). So which is it, Jacob or the island that keeps people from offing themselves...both? Could be that Jacob and the island have a very personal connection. Wish the show would be more clear but I guess they're saving the big reveals for later.

And we've seen Smokey's touch brings death. Every time he grabs someone they're dragged to their death.
      Of course, he touched Ricardo in MIB form and Ricardo was just fine. I guess Jacob's touch overrides Smokey's? Can you give some specific examples of Smokey/FLocke/MIB touching people who died afterward or later? I can't seem to really recall examples of this... Do you mean touching them in human form, and then they die later by some means? Or do you just mean as the smoke monster when he touches/grabs people he kills them. Because it's certainly true that he's never exactly given anyone a friendly handshake or anything in smoke form...
      Last edited by Xanderman; 03-25-2010, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Oh, I just meant when he's in smoke form and they show smokey's fist grabbing either the freighter people or Mr. Eko, they all die.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎