No announcement yet.

Effects of turning the wheel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects of turning the wheel

This might be the only part of Lost i've ever been unable to wrap my head around, so if anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

So we know when you turn the frozen wheel, the island will be moved through time and space, you will end up in Tunisia, moved through space, and in the future, through time.

When Ben turned the wheel on the day the Oceanic Six left the island in January 2005, he was transported to Tunisia, October 2005.

Now, this is where it loses me. John turned the wheel only about a week or so after the O6 left, right? And therefore that moved the island to 1977, and himself, also to Tunisia, from Jan 2004 to December 2007.

So for Ben, from Jan 05 to Oct 05, where "was" he? Did he physically just not exist? Same goes for John, from Jan 05 til Dec 07.

Probably no one replied because the show has not, and probably will not, answer. But I can theorize

-After Ben turned the wheel, the wheel went unstable which is why they kept jumping in and out of time. Locke finally turned the wheel again and made it stable again so it jumped Locke to 2007

-They probably did not physically exist or their bodies were just stuck in time somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by kcox6751
      109 views, 0 replies? Thanks
      As stated above it isn't something one would readily know.
      I would also point out the Ontological Paradox concerning the compass, which may give us a clue concerning how TPTB have sorted out the time travel in the show.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎