Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Warrior?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I prefered "Power" to "Warrior" really...

The comic convention scenes were funny with all its costumes and loved how they followed a red jacket just to reveal it wasn't Clark. Lois as Wonder Woman <3

Clark with Zatanna was good stuff even if she went a bit too far. But in the end Lois didn't mind...well she gave back by kissing someone random...LoL!

But the whole kid becoming a dude without him being Captain Marvel...And he flew with Chloe...yet another character to fly before Clark...this surely is what we need. This whole episode was just so campy it was like the 60's Batman show with Superman instead. We don't need that!

Couple of laughs but a pointless episode...

Comment

• I hated the episode,Clark and Zatanna.

Comment

• Gave it 8 or 9? Hahaha sometimes it is better to hang at the middle of two numbers.

Comment

• I just rewatched this morning for no apparent reason and I have to say that i LOVE this episode. It's so simple, with dialogue that doesn't sound forced and was overall really well done. The devilicus scene got a little.....hokey....but overall I thought it was fantastic.

Comment

• Looking back at this episode, I over reacted way too much. I remember being really frustrated with the whole Chloe/Kid story arc of the episode. the warrior angel kid actually reminds me of Shazam. The Zatanna/Clark/Lois stuff is weaker part of the episode. In retrospect it would have been have been interesting if Lois and Zatanna had worked together instead of the unnecessary jealousy plot line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Degobunny
              Looking back at this episode, I over reacted way too much. I remember being really frustrated with the whole Chloe/Kid story arc of the episode. the warrior angel kid actually reminds me of Shazam. The Zatanna/Clark/Lois stuff is weaker part of the episode. In retrospect it would have been have been interesting if Lois and Zatanna had worked together instead of the unnecessary jealousy plot line.
              I thought both plotlines(Chloe/Kid and Lois/Zantana) were written more light hearted and not really typical Smallville angst so I liked the episode. I guess since I am not really invested in Chloe's lovelife and I am not a huge Clois shipper(in the sense any other girl kissing Clark while he is under a spell will bother me) things that maybe bug those kind of fans will just go over my shoulder

Comment

• Originally posted by Supsfan
                I thought both plotlines(Chloe/Kid and Lois/Zantana) were written more light hearted and not really typical Smallville angst so I liked the episode. I guess since I am not really invested in Chloe's lovelife and I am not a huge Clois shipper(in the sense any other girl kissing Clark while he is under a spell will bother me) things that maybe bug those kind of fans will just go over my shoulder
                I guess light-hearted is a good way to describe the episode. At the same time I do understand why people were mad about Clark being forced to makeout with Zatanna against his will, regardless of Lois. I think Zatanna had a point trying to teach Clark about enjoying fantasy and having fun but she went about it the wrong way.

As for the Chloe plotline I remember being frustrated from the standpoint of Chloe is unknowing flirting with a kid who she thought was an adult and people saying nasty things as if she should have known. At the same time though this episode was also about Chloe learning to let go and some fun, and indirectly begin to deal with the ramifications of Jimmy's death and how it had effected her as a person. If I think about the story-line that way it is a lot better.

Comment

• I think I took in the humour in this episode more than anything else. I absolutely loved Clark throwing the can at the criminal who was trying to get away, plus him rifling through Lois' wardrobe and running through the costumes (all callbacks from previous episodes no less). He clearly liked the idea of Lois in a French maid outfit and judging by her smile at his mention of it, she thought so too! Her stepping out of the toilet in that Amazonian outfit was great, made better by her "stop gawking and prosper" comments to the line of ogling men. There were a couple of other humorous touches too, like Clark bumping into his doppelgänger in the RBB attire, and the old man standing in the queue for the toilet bouncing up and down because he was desperate!

It was a nice touch to play the ComicCon scenes as a tribute instead of sending it up.

Comment

• A kid is transformed into a superpowered adult... and it's not Billy Batson (and there is a reason for that).

Partly taking place at a comic book convention. The plot opens up for the characters to discuss what it means to be a hero. Clark describes the reality of being a hero as being "about sacrifice, responsibility and accountability", whereas the people at MetCon "has a popcorn image of what being a hero's about". And Alec Abrams represents someone with that image. He's also a kid, who gets bullied at school and then uses his powers to rough up to bullies, which means that him getting powers can be regarded as wish-fullfillment. He then goes evil, when he feels a little hurt to Chloe. And thus he becomes, I guess you could call it, the popcorn image of a villain. It's a simplistic reason for him to go evil (likely the intent of the writer). A one dimensional villain. There is no deeper meaning. No real root of his evil.

Originally, I thought he should've been allowed to keep his powers. However, that would've been at the cost of the lessons this experience no doubt taught him. In his letters to the Blur, he expressed a belief that life would've been perfect, if he was a superhero. He would've been able to save his parents and wouldn't be bullied at school. Here he learned that being a superhero doesn't mean that life is perfect and moved away from the popcorn image of what it means to be a hero. And that is why he isn't Billy Batson. Billy would've had to have retained his powers. Thus he couldn't have learned the same thing that Alec did. Billy would've gotten superpowers and would've been allowed to continue living the wish-fullfillment, while fighting bad guys alongside the Blur/Superman and the rest of the Justice League.

I quite liked how they had Chloe semi-fall for him, then freaking out when she realized that he's a kid. If the episode itself is a commentary about what it really means to be a hero, then the Chloe-Alec/Stephen thing is a commentary on romance in superhero fiction. Hollywood often have female characters fall for the hero, regardless of how little she actually knows about him (and, luckily, she just so happens to be the hero's love interest and not just some random person he saved). She doesn't know if he's available, if he's above the age of consent (like we see with characters like Alec and Billy Batson, some superheroes can be kids, who can make themselves look like adults. However, that wouldn't change the fact, that they're still legally minors) or if he's even interested in women.

Liked the text Ollie sent Chloe, where he references fighting a maniac with boomerangs. I always appreciate that sort of thing. Oliver does have a life outside of Clark. If he's not handling Queen Industries business, he's fighting crime himself as the GA.

Comment

• Minor note: Towards the end of the episode, Alec presents Clark with a drawing of a suit for the Blur. A suit identical (with minor changes to the length of the sleeves and the letters in the crest) to the one that Martha later gives Clark. Assuming a connective tissue, it would mean that Alec Abrams could be the sort-of designer for the Superman suit.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎