This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CloisFan17
    Yup Allison directed this episode
    Hmmm. Seems odd to let her direct an episode where her character was so central to the plot, but it seemed to work out pretty good. OTOH, it does make me appreciate the final scene more, because it's completely Allison's call on how to play it.

I had forgotten about Clark's beaning the bad guy with the can, it was a nice throwback to the earlier days of SV when life wasn't quite so serious.

As for Zatanna's behavior, I'd chalk it up to:
    1. Clark's hot
    2. Zatanna's young
    3. They really don't have a "professional" relationship

Her power make that kind of behavior extremely tempting and not everyone has Clark's self-control. Just look at Oliver's behavior on occasion. Or Bart's. Or give Clark a red-K roofie. I could go on, but you see my point.

Zatanna's not the first woman to put a serious move on Clark. (Remember Maxima?) We just have 20/20 foresight of how things turn out.
    Last edited by PaulNeb; 02-12-2010, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I gave it a 7.

Comment

I gave it a 9. This was a very fun and light hearted episode and certainly not the worst episode of the season. I thought that episode 10 Disciple was way worse. Can't wait until next week!

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
          I thought this ep was very enjoyable. AM did a terrific job with the direction of it. I was really impressed. And the story with her and Stephen/Alec was very touching. Carlo Marks was actually fabulous.

My favorite part though was the insight we got into Clark. Finally, some insight into how he sees his heroics, how he feels about the way he needs to live his life. I really appreciate the articulation of his beliefs. It was very welcome.

I'm sure people will be knashing their teeth at what Zatanna did, but I got where she was coming from. It actually contrasted with the ending with Chloe/Oliver. Zatanna feels connected to Clark because of the similar lives they lead, so she was thinking a little "why not have some fun?" But that isn't how Clark is wired, and she got that message. I can't blame the girl for crushing on Clark so hard. No, she didn't have much respect for Lois, or Clark and Lois' relationship, but I think she just wasn't taking it seriously. By the end, she realized how much it means to Clark.

My one complaint was the ludicriously heavy-handed Chlollie scene at the end. It just felt overdone, IMO.

I give it an 8
          Agreed with everything in bold. We think alike except for our regards to the last Chlollie scene.

Comment

Originally posted by kg1507
            I DO think they have chemistry. I am a Clois fan. I don't WANT them to go anywhere! I've waited 5 years for it!

well it was me who needed ALOT of convincing. So i admit it...I'm in board.

Comment

I thought the episode was fantastic, filler or not.

Comment

Originally posted by asha14
                Yes, the actors phoned it, and I don't blame them the writing in the episode was bad. And I agree they should have framed the episode around Clark and Alec.
                that's harsh.... the ep was at least cute *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by -Nora-
                  This was downright awful for every character. Every single one.

Fail.
                  QFT

Comment

I'm sure people will be knashing their teeth at what Zatanna did, but I got where she was coming from. It actually contrasted with the ending with Chloe/Oliver. Zatanna feels connected to Clark because of the similar lives they lead, so she was thinking a little "why not have some fun?" But that isn't how Clark is wired, and she got that message. I can't blame the girl for crushing on Clark so hard. No, she didn't have much respect for Lois, or Clark and Lois' relationship, but I think she just wasn't taking it seriously. By the end, she realized how much it means to Clark.
                    The main problem is I don't think Zantana comes out looking good in the end, and they didn't really need the Lois kissing scene as well(why Clark didn't tell her it was a spell, since she heard about what happened in Hex, I don't know)

I thought the episode overall had enough positives to overcome a few weak spots though

Originally posted by Lanafan97
                    I gave it a 9. This was a very fun and light hearted episode and certainly not the worst episode of the season. I thought that episode 10 Disciple was way worse. Can't wait until next week!
                    It's sort of ironic, I thought the Clois stuff in Disicple was strong but the rest of the episode no so much. This episode might have been the poorest Clois stuff of the entire season but the rest of the episode was fairly strong.

Comment

I don't think the actors phoned it in, particularly Tom Welling who looked like he was thoroughly enjoying himself acting in this episode.

Comment

Fantastic =D

So cute I gave it a 10

Comment

Originally posted by alienkinfolk
                          I didn't feel this was a filler episode. This episode was about relationships and very Chloe centric (imo) to advance her to the next level.(a real romance finally)
                          So you think Clark and lois have no chemistry..but I disagree now. 2-3 years ago, sure yea zero chemistry, but I feel SV has made great strides in presenting them as a couple to us. So you just have to get on board, suck it up, cause they're not going anywhere.
                          Oh, I think they have chemsitry, but I think in this episode they weren't showing that same chemistry they were showing at the beginning of the season. Everyone was so excited because Clark was being aggressive earlier in the season and going for what he wanted, but now all of a sudden he's keeping Lois at arm's length? This episode just wasn't playing the right keys for me. but that's jmo.

Comment

I think Allison did a great job. EspeciallY for someone new (2nd time is still new).
                            Everyone expects a great epsiode after Absolute Justice, which IMO wasn't better than Bride (Yes i went there) . AJ, btw I it gave a 9 also, was fairly dissapointing at points, like that fight scene at the end, good not great.
                            It's alright to have a light herted episode, which you can tell Allison is good at. I enjoy the nods and allusions throughout the episode. I mean if you don't like it feel free to change the channel. The remote is literally right there.
                            I enjoyed it and say hey, why not have some fun on Smallville, it's been to dark lateley. And that's me saying that, I enjoy the heavy episodes!

Comment

I thought this ep was very enjoyable. AM did a terrific job with the direction of it. I was really impressed. And the story with her and Stephen/Alec was very touching. Carlo Marks was actually fabulous.

My favorite part though was the insight we got into Clark. Finally, some insight into how he sees his heroics, how he feels about the way he needs to live his life. I really appreciate the articulation of his beliefs. It was very welcome.

My one complaint was the ludicriously heavy-handed Chlollie scene at the end. It just felt overdone, IMO.

I give it an 8
                              I can blame Zantanna for using magic on an unwilling person. I just cannot get behind this double standard people have. Had this been a male casting that spell on a female we would be gnashing our teeth. Imho just because I am attracted to someone does not give me the right to take advantage of them like this. And please do not think I am picking on you this is just annoyance I have with this troupe being done to Clark or any other male on television.

Comment

I gave it a 5 because Clark was totally acting weird in this episode... his actions made no sense to me in regards to where he is character wise this season... I dunno what they did with him, he was basically used as a filler in this episode to mack on Zatanna.

I'm a big advocate for Clark Kent and I think this episode could have done without him... Just having Chloe, WA and Oliver in this episode would have been better instead of having Clark smashed in there....

It was a filler episode so I guess its alright for Chloe and the gang but Clark was not portrayed well, and that sucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎