Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Warrior?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to go with a 6.Of course I knew it wouldn't be up to par with last weeks absolute justice,but it was kinda unexciting.The plot was not very dynamic,the script was lacking for bmq.Also I didn't like that this one didn't contain that mush zatanna,or at least any really good scenes.I definitely liked hex way more.The directing was good though I especially liked the last scene and the camera angles when zatanna was calling the latin in that room,Allison did a good job.But like most of you said,the plot was rather weak and it didn't flow as well from scene to scene like it normally does.

Comment

I gave this episode a 5.It was an utter piece of crap and a disappointment.Ugh! BQM,you can do so much better than that.It's like his peak was 'Committed' and it's been downhill with his episodes ever since...

Comment

Originally posted by moviefan2k4
        OK, here's my opinion, in a nutshell...

Overall, it was an "okay" episode. I'm not a big fan of witchcraft stories to begin with (more on that later), but overall "Warrior" wasn't terrible. I'm glad we got to see another "Warrior Angel" reference, and it was cool to see Chloe's more playful side come out...even if it was because of an overgrown kid.

The convention setting struck me as both funny and weird, since I'm a "moderately-frequent" attender at them myself. Falling planets and magic aside, what was shown on tonight's episode didn't miss the mark by that much. The numerous "Star Wars" references were funny, but Lois as a Xena / Wonder Woman combo was just ridiculous. I freely admit I grinned like a fool, but was there any point in that outfit otherwise?

Some of the symbolism during Zatanna's "counter-curse" really bothered me, though. The whole "circle-star" emblem is usually associated with Wiccans, Satanists, or both, so I felt very unnerved by its appearance. As good as some other parts of the episode were, I really wish that "Smallville" would steer away from the occult, rather than towards it.
        That's a missconception that smallville has embraced

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Curt Connors
          10! I love odd episodes! Lois was pretty hilarious. Clark throwing the can was pretty funny as well. This was my first time seeing Zatanna on SV as I have not seen previous seasons yet. (Except for 1 and 2) I honestly think I can easily give every episode of SV a 10. This episode seemed really Chloe-centered, I didn't mind that.
          I agree. i don't get all the negative comments. I thought it was a fun lighter episode. I brought back the the SV feeling from the first few seasons. It doesn't have to be all dramatic and chaos every week and also we need little self contained episodes that don't really have something to do with the main arc.
          Also remember it was supposed to be the first eppy back before Absolute justice so its out of order.
          Don't compare it to last weeks. It's was made to add the normal entertainment SV was known for. Even ending with music that they rarely do anymore. It was a good eppy.

Comment

Originally posted by tyson08
            Wonderfully light-hearted episode. It has some great moments! I loved the Chlollie scene at the end of the episode. Nice to see Clark/Lois have a little bump in their relationship and come through it fine.
            I agree!!

Comment

*sigh*

Oh, Zatanna, what they did to you?

Comment

Originally posted by DC Fanboy
                I wasn't looking forward to this episode because I still couldn't get over how awesome Absolute Justice was. Then I watched tonight's episode...and still I thought it was bad. 5/10. Three points because Zatanna is hot. Two points because the superjump looked cool. Bad, just bad.
                As was I. Though, Allison Mack did a good job directing. I give it 8/10. Lex would enjoy this episode, haha.

I really enjoyed the references in the episode, too. (i.e. Project Natal and the RBB costume)

Comment

I'm with you there. I think also the fact that I didn't really feel it progressed anyone hurt this episode for me. Chloe didn't really learn a lesson except for maybe in the last two minutes with Oliver, but I think we could have spared ourselves the awkward Peter/Wendy love story since it didn't affect her but she had the most time with him. Had they tailored the episode around the Clark/Alec dynamic it might have worked better, because it could have progressed his Blur identity, and that's what I thought the episode was supposed to be about. Plus, Clark seemed to be coming from a whole different mindset than he's been in all season. Since when has he been a stick in the mud, I don't have fun, nothing but responsibilities and there's no fantasy type guy?

With all the women who have come onto him over the years he didn't see Zatanna's kiss coming from a mile away? And what was that about anyway? She was giving him perspective? On what?

Not that I wanted Clark to actually throw down against a 12-year-old, it would have been nice to at least see him trying to restrain SS/Devilicus from doing something dastardly while the spell wore off so that he could be standing there as the boy's hero when he comes out of the trance. There was just so much Blur/boy potential and instead we got a whole lot of Chloe/boy that didn't really do much of anything.

The only thing I could see of this is somehow paralleling Chloe to Alec, because she once was that trusting little kid and she thinks all of a sudden she's a hero, and then something pushes her over the edge. that's about all I can guess.

Comment

I couldn't believe my eyes when Warrior Angel took Chloe flying...

It's so sad to see how "everyone" but Clark flies...and for me, that's supposed to be Lois and Clark flying together. I was bummed when I saw this. It just went downhill from that point for me.

Zatanna hitting on Clark seemed off.

Clark being hesitant with Lois and keeping her at arm's length, especially after Disciple, seemed off.

Even, the last scene with Chlollie seemed off too. It didn't do it for me.

The apology scene was pretty good but I wasn't thrilled w/Lois kissing the intern to make her point - especially after Clark was being so sweet. I also would've liked to see her touch his hands when she took the tickets or Clark kissing her at the end. It just didn't go with the "must be love" point Zatanna had just hilighted a few seconds before.

What I did like? Carlo was great in the episode. The little kid's drawing of the RBB in red and blue with the cape and all. The telephone conversation between Lois and Clark was cute while he was going through her closet. When he threw that can to hit the bad guy was funny. The superwedgy was sortof funny but then I felt bad for the kid.

My favorite scenes were the Chlo-lo interaction in the beginning and when Clark went to check on Lois in the men's bathroom. Finally, he "noticed" her in this episode...

Here's hoping next week things get wayyyy better. Although, after this episode, I think you can only go up...
                    Last edited by smilingalways2; 02-13-2010, 12:56 AM.

Comment

I didn't feel this was a filler episode. This episode was about relationships and very Chloe centric (imo) to advance her to the next level.(a real romance finally)
                      So you think Clark and lois have no chemistry..but I disagree now. 2-3 years ago, sure yea zero chemistry, but I feel SV has made great strides in presenting them as a couple to us. So you just have to get on board, suck it up, cause they're not going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by smilingalways2
                        I couldn't believe my eyes when Warrior Angel took Chloe flying...

It's so sad to see how "everyone" but Clark flies...and for me, that's supposed to be Lois and Clark flying together. I was bummed when I saw this. It just went downhill from that point for me.

I didn't like Lois kissing that guy either, even if it was to prove a point. It just seemed off to me.

Lastly, I like the idea of Chlollie but that scene didn't do it for me.
                        I have several moives for you to see that

Comment

I thought this ep was very enjoyable. AM did a terrific job with the direction of it. I was really impressed. And the story with her and Stephen/Alec was very touching. Carlo Marks was actually fabulous.

My favorite part though was the insight we got into Clark. Finally, some insight into how he sees his heroics, how he feels about the way he needs to live his life. I really appreciate the articulation of his beliefs. It was very welcome.

I'm sure people will be knashing their teeth at what Zatanna did, but I got where she was coming from. It actually contrasted with the ending with Chloe/Oliver. Zatanna feels connected to Clark because of the similar lives they lead, so she was thinking a little "why not have some fun?" But that isn't how Clark is wired, and she got that message. I can't blame the girl for crushing on Clark so hard. No, she didn't have much respect for Lois, or Clark and Lois' relationship, but I think she just wasn't taking it seriously. By the end, she realized how much it means to Clark.

My one complaint was the ludicriously heavy-handed Chlollie scene at the end. It just felt overdone, IMO.

I give it an 8

Comment

I gave it a six. I wasn't too impressed with how the characters were handled in the episode. Especially Zatanna. I don't know where her intentions sprung up from.

Comment

Originally posted by alienkinfolk
                              I didn't feel this was a filler episode. This episode was about relationships and very Chloe centric (imo) to advance her to the next level.(a real romance finally)
                              So you think Clark and lois have no chemistry..but I disagree now. 2-3 years ago, sure yea zero chemistry, but I feel SV has made great strides in presenting them as a couple to us. So you just have to get on board, suck it up, cause they're not going anywhere.
                              I DO think they have chemistry. I am a Clois fan. I don't WANT them to go anywhere! I've waited 5 years for it!

Comment

Yes, the actors phoned it, and I don't blame them the writing in the episode was bad. And I agree they should have framed the episode around Clark and Alec.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎