Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "My Bloody Valentine?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it, the horseman has a surprise..I loved the dialogs...castiel actor, good job

Comment

I gave it a low 10 just for the ambiguous ending with Famine. This episode was bloody disgusting. The cold open was just plain sick. The guy sticking his hands in the deep fryer comes in at a close second.

I loved how Castiel kept eating hamburgers. "These make me feel very happy". I wonder how many burgers Misha actually ate.

Originally posted by xrayvision
      I don't know what I give this one yet. Did they ever get the ring? And what happened to Famine? Did they kill him? Could he be killed? Or is he alive & fingerless--i.e. fixed/neutered?
      Maybe he's alive, but stomach-less. Do you think that is Famine's original body? It would explain why he's so decrepit.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by xrayvision
      So Dean doesn't have a soul? I thought he did since he escaped hell thanks to Castiel? Or is his soul just empty unlike other souls?
      I think his soul is empty. Let's not forget that Ellen and Jo died, the Colt is useless against Lucifer, and he's found out that free will seems to be an illusion. I think he hungers for a normal life, but he knows that it will never happen.
      Last edited by Spirit Detective; 02-12-2010, 11:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah, they definitely didn't have any closure on what happened to Famine. I was like did they miss a scene, or something?

Also, why didn't Dean just cut off Famine's ring finger when Famine was being distracted by Sam? I thought for sure Dean was going to go for it, but he did nothing. Come on, Dean's a lot better than that.

Comment

I'm really not sure how I feel about this episode yet. I will have to watch it again before really giving it a rating.

I thought Famine was kinda odd and creepy. What was with his Men in Black entourage? I really didn't like that, it came across as really corny.

I liked Deans side of the story, learning more about his feelings, the ending with him essentially asking/begging for God to help him out without getting a response, that was devastating to watch. Jensen is so good at crying, it just breaks your heart.

I loved Castiel in this one. Very playful and more human, but still his normal mono-toned self.

I liked the Cupid bit too, Deans "Are we in a fight?" when he was hugging them had me cracking up.

I wasn't totally into Sams plot line though. I am not sure why, I guess because Sams bloodlust was such a big part of the storyline last season, it seemed rushed to bring it back into this episode rather quickly. Also, having him in the panic room seemed like another cop out to just be able to end the episode.

I don't know. There was good and bad. Kinda left wanting overall. Like someone already mentioned, I haven't been as keen on the episodes since coming back from the break. I'm not sure if the bar was so high for me, based on the first ten episodes being so amazing or what, but I hope once it comes back in six weeks (ugh!!) that I will be happier.

I am gonna have to watch it again.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvilleusedtobegood
            Yeah, they definitely didn't have any closure on what happened to Famine. I was like did they miss a scene, or something?

Also, why didn't Dean just cut off Famine's ring finger when Famine was being distracted by Sam? I thought for sure Dean was going to go for it, but he did nothing. Come on, Dean's a lot better than that.
            Yeah, I kept shouting at Dean to cut off Famine's finger. I guess we're suppose to think that Dean was tired of his crap life.

Comment

Going into this ep, I didn't have very high hopes for this ep. A SPN V-day ep!? Sounded kinda crappy. Boy, was I wrong! This was a really good ep. I gave it a 9.

Comment

I liked it. I am a sucker for the whole horseman storyline. I guess we'll get to see one more horseman?

I hope we get to see Pestilence (disease). I assume the final horseman, Death will come near the end.

Comment

Ok, I just got the chance to watch this one tonight, and I have to say I was kinda disappointed

I gave it a 7. I just think it could have been waaaaaay better *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark
                    I hope we get to see Pestilence (disease). I assume the final horseman, Death will come near the end.
                    Pestilence is most likely the "creator" of the Croatoan virus and will probably pop up his nasty head during the last couple of episodes, as well as Death. I see Pestilence and Death as Lucifer's top "soldiers" in a sense, as War and Famine are probably the next two coupling, but just not as important(i.e., most likely not needing a huge spell to be awaken, and working about the Apocalypse even before Lucifer gets his real vessel).

Comment

I gave this an 8 (and I wasn't alone--that's the one that's got the second highest votes).

OK, the start was sweet then quickly turn icky! What is it with Kripke and cannabilism?

The boys at the motel and Sam figuring Dean was going to go "unleash the Kraken" (heh) and Dean just "not feelin' it". (Not a surprise that Sam would hate the holiday. Are there any he likes?!)

Putting in the call to Cas (I'm loving Misha more and more!) and then the reference to Cupid being a "cherub, 3rd class".

At dinner, Dean with his burger and Sam with his salad and Cas eyeing the burger.

And then Cupid appears (and this was when i started laughing so hard I nearly cried! ) and hugging Dean from behind "Help!".

Awww, they made cupid cry!

And that heaven fixed up John and Mary was not a surprise. That they hated each other at first? That was. I loved Dean's indignation though.

Sam feeling the bloodlust and holding off.

The reveal of Famine (that was very creative) and Jimmy (Cas' vessel) craving red meat. And Famine can "eat" demons? Very cool.

Sam telling Dean he's feeling the bloodlust (the look on Dean's face!) and that Dean has to tie (handcuff) Sam to the sink (surely he must have known that Sam could pick his way out of those!).

The discussion on why Dean is not affected (I had wondered that myself.) and Cas in the car was good. (Anyone else wonder just how many burgers Misha had to eat during this ep.? Someone should ask him that at a Con!)

Sam giving in and drinking that demon's blood was...yeah, not cool though I love, love, LOVE when Sam uses his powers (if there was a way he could without the demon blood--a la season 1 [ok, I know he had Azazel's blood in him then]--I would be all for it. Sure comes in handy!)!

I love how Dean waits, like, 2 secs and goes in after Cas (at that point I assumed Dean hunger was for "death" or perhaps "oblivion").

The reveal that Dean is broken and just going through the motions...I'm not sure how to feel about that one.

Sam to the rescue! And then his defeat of Famine (Sammy defeated a horseman! That mean if he drank enough demon blood he could defeat Lucifer?) was amazing.

Poor Sam having to detox again (didn't get to see any visions this time? They must have been worse this time around?) and then the final scene with Dean (was he asking for help for himself, to fix himself, or help in the coming fight or what?).

Ah boys!

So a pretty good ep. Not a bad one to break off on either (a 6 week wait now!).

Comment

Anything Robert Singer touches is great. Remember his V series, which SyFy channel recently replayed. I personally didn't like the current angel storyline as much as last season's, but all of them are better than 99% of what you see on the idiot box. It's difficult to replicate perfect

Comment

I'm on my 12th viewing since the episode aired and I just Loved this one! The meeting between Cas and Dean in the M.E.'s office, Cas or Jimmy's insatiable appetite for red meat, especially burgers, which Dean started calling Cas the hamburgler or happy meal! and Cupid's "handshake" are all great scenes! 10++

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎