Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this mean Castiel's search for God is over?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this mean Castiel's search for God is over?

After seeing what Michael told Dean about God & the plan, do you think Dean will tell Cas to ditch the plan to find God? Or do you think the search will continue. Please avoid posting any spoilers since I don't want to find out what's supposed to happen until I watch the episodes.

I need to rewatch it but I think it gives Cas hope

Comment

Well, I guess one positive sign that the search isn't over is the whole Team Free Will thing. If they gave up the search then why bother fighting for their free will. That's one way to analyze it. The episode ended with them still being adamant about their free will, though less confident that they'll keep it that way.

Comment

I think Michael is wrong about free will and God wanting it to turn out this way. Personally, I really think that God has a real plan, maybe something about destroying Lucifer and the armies of Hell without destroying Earth and Humans in the process, but He just hasn't told Michael or anyone else that because Michael has a role to play too. It wouldn't be so much as a lack of free will as it would be a carefully orchestrated chess game, as in God was able to help nudge the pieces into the right spot so everything would work out the way He wanted it to.

Comment

Its obvious that Dean still thinks they can change things, so my guess is that they will continue to look for him.

Comment

i do think God has a plan
            and i do think that it has to play out the way God intended it to
            however i do think so of the angels might be wrong on how it should happen
            but i do not think Michael is one of those who is wrong
            i also believe that Michael knows where God is
            Michael just might be tellin dean what he needs to
            to push him the direction that they need to
            thats just my opinion :]

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonR
              I think Michael is wrong about free will and God wanting it to turn out this way. Personally, I really think that God has a real plan, maybe something about destroying Lucifer and the armies of Hell without destroying Earth and Humans in the process, but He just hasn't told Michael or anyone else that because Michael has a role to play too. It wouldn't be so much as a lack of free will as it would be a carefully orchestrated chess game, as in God was able to help nudge the pieces into the right spot so everything would work out the way He wanted it to.
              I like the way you put it. And to add to this, I think it's not only humans who have free will but angels as well. I think God not stopping Michael, Raphael, etc shows the angels' free will, though the angels & demons of the show try to withhold the free will of humans like Sam & Dean.

Comment

Personally I've thought for a while now that someone is posing as God. Not literally, obviously, but however it is that Michael communicates with God has been tampered by the other side.

So I really hope the search for God isnt over, because I was expecting Castiel to come back with this revelation after communication with THE God!

Comment

Setting aside the fact that I really have issues with this whole angels/demons/war in heaven storyline that basically rips off the premise of The Prophecy in it's entirety - why would Castiel's search for God be over? I've been dipping in and out of this thread, and I have to conclude that regardless of what Michael told Dean, Castiel would be inclined to ignore it anyway, as he probably had done before he fell from grace.

[Mod Edit]
                  Last edited by Lexgirl33; 02-06-2010, 12:14 PM. Reason: Please leave ships out it

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎