Collapse
No announcement yet.

#3-4 "Chuck vs. Operation Awesome"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I almost forgot Chuck was on since MLK day and thought it was Sunday.

Comment

yeh but its also on citytv sunday night, playing the new episode at 9 or 8 the night before, that might have affected the demographics for the ratings on monday

Comment

The "Good Guys" and "Bad Guys" labels made me laugh out loud. It was good to see Brandon Routh. I'm looking forward to KK being on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Who
          The "Good Guys" and "Bad Guys" labels made me laugh out loud. It was good to see Brandon Routh. I'm looking forward to KK being on the show.
          Yeah the labels were funny. I think they are trying to imply, early on at least, that Agent Shaw is what Chuck could be eventually. Although I suppose Chuck will never truly be like him. Also, there are probably things we don't know about Shaw that could totally change how we view him. Right now he is still somewhat of an enigma.

Comment

I've seen this ep two times already and I love it more each time. It isn't perfect but it got so many things right: the intense spy drama, the performances, the killer music/score, the comedy, and the characters' interactions. The show feels more mature and a little bit darker, and I really like that. Did you see Chuck bleeding?

We also had the kickass introduction of Agent Shaw. My God, that was superb, and Brandon Routh did a great job. Can't wait for more. This show is so awesome!

Comment

Wait, I'm the only vote in the poll so far?! The poll must have gone up late, eh?

Anyway, I gave this episode an 8, because while I loved a lot of there was some stuff I didn't.

Oh and before I get started has anyone noticed the many references to Alias that they drop here on Chuck (Sydney? Barstow, CA? Etc.)?

Morgan taking the job as assistant manager. Didn't we do that once before? Hmmm. And Chuck flashing on the foreign language (boy, the Intersect comes in handy!) and then clocking Lester!

The commercial--Morgan hugging the Moose. Priceless!

The Buy More fight club.

Morgan as Chuck's boss now and Devon is a terrible liar (Chuck's expression when Awesome said it was a bear was classic!). Using Casey for the excuse and Ellie's reaction to Casey after was hilarious, though.

The security guy at the building thinking Awesome and Chuck are boyfriends. Love it! (how many Chuck/Devon fics got their inspiration from this episode, I wonder?!)

Chuck flashing on the shooting skills (though why that would be in the Intersect. It was meant for Bryce and Bryce already knew how to shoot.) and his taking out of the guards was an awesome (pun intended) scene.

Brandon's appearance and the obviousness of faking his own death (as Casey and Sarah get shut down) made me wonder if this all wasn't a test of Chuck's. It turned out not to be but still.

When Shaw said he knew everything I wondered "does he know Chuck's the Intersect?" I got a feeling the answer is no. (though if he's an expert on the Ring...).

Chuck at Buy More rebuilding the phone (is it me or does Chuck pretty much not hang out at the Buy More anymore? This episode is the most we've seen him there in a while. I miss Chuck at the Buy More, interacting with the gang. *sighs*) and talking to Morgan was good.

Then calling Sydney and admitting he's the one she's looking for. Clever Chuck.

Setting up the meeting and Shaw leaving him hanging (surely if Shaw's that high level he would know about Chuck. When are these guys going to learn that Chuck may do things in a strange way but it gets the job done!) was a surprise. That Sarah went after him was not.

Shaw shooting Sydney seemed...personal.

Morgan firing Lester??? The guy he quit over last year rather than fire? Huh.

Hey, did anyone notice that Chuck and Morgan have furniture in their apartment now? Not a lot but they do.

And then the dinner with everyone and letting Captain Awesome off the hook (his look of relief was perfect).

And then the final scene with Shaw and the Ring (heh). Obviously meant to pique our interest but I was just...whatever.

So yeah, some really great stuff, some not so great (I freely admit that I have not seen Superman Returns and don't want to so this is my first time seeing Brandon act. Have to admit, not that impressed.). But Ryan was particularly good as Awesome in this one.

"Seriously, bro."

Comment

I'll join you in the voting, but I gave it a 9. The intersect is a convenient device sometimes, but I'm ok with it, though I'd like to see some sort of demo of what a spy that's more in control of his emotions would do.

The Morgan/Ass Man thing, they did it last year, but I think it'll be more permanent. They had to give him a better role than always being the lowest on the totem pole. I took his "firing" of Lester as him knowing all along that he wouldn't.

Loved all the Fight Club references. I'm good with Shaw so far, though I'm hoping they keep him on Chuck's side for his arc.

Comment

This poll came in late

The new episode poll will be up during or just after the episode airs.

Comment

Great idea to include a POLL, thanks!

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty

Brandon's appearance and the obviousness of faking his own death (as Casey and Sarah get shut down) made me wonder if this all wasn't a test of Chuck's. It turned out not to be but still.

When Shaw said he knew everything I wondered "does he know Chuck's the Intersect?" I got a feeling the answer is no. (though if he's an expert on the Ring...).
                    When Beckman introduced Shaw to the team, he said he knew everything, including all the details on the Intersect, so yeah, I think he knows who Chuck really is,

Sydney instructs Devon to kill a CIA agent Shaw (Brandon Routh), Chuck surprised that Shaw knows all about him.General tells group that Shaw is now in charge...

I voted 10, so much awesome in this ep make it a highly enjoyable one for me. My favorite of the season so far, with VS the Two Words as a close second. It really is a great spy story. Plus Shaw's intro is truly badass. Best introduction of a character in the show yet, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by blueyes
                      When Beckman introduced Shaw to the team, he said he knew everything, including all the details on the Intersect, so yeah, I think he knows who Chuck really is
                      I thought he simply said that he knew everything (and then emphasized it again). But now, of course [SPOILER]we know that Shaw does know about the Intersect in Chuck[/SPOILER].

Comment

Angie Harmon was a brilliant villain! I'm actually pretty upset that they killed her off. Her scenes with Devon made this episode. Also, this was the first and only episode this season that I had a good opinion of Shaw, despite his being played by Brandon Routh, who I generally like. The character annoys me.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎