Fic:Welcomed Distraction

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fic:Welcomed Distraction

Welcomed Distraction

A/N: I was in the mood to write today-and this is what came out *plus I’m suffering from Merlin withdrawals*

It had been two months since The Great Dragon had attacked Camelot in a state of unrepressed fury, leaving Camelot in such a state of damage that practically everyone who were able pitched in to help rebuild the foundations of the Castle and surrounding town.

Arthur had made many rounds since the aftermath of the attack on both Castle and town, his sense of duty to his people overpowering. Her supervised craftsmen and those able to build, spending almost all of his days out of the castle helping building houses from scratch.

Arthur wiped the back of his hand across his forehead as the sun bore down on him, taking a break from lifting remaining debris. He fanned out his lightweight shirt and felt a hand touch him gently on his back and turned to see Gwen peering up at him. A small smile on her face as she wordlessly handed him some water. Arthur thanked her gratefully before drinking the whole contents in one, in which Gwen’s smile grew more.

Since Arthur had returned with Merlin from banishing the Dragon, Arthur and Gwen had grown exceedingly closer, renewed with hope.

They had seemed to come to an understanding about there status-that time was fleeting and they didn’t want to waste any time by not being together. They came to this conclusion in a secluded part of the castle after he had triumphed in freeing Camelot from The Dragon, and was sealed with a kiss.

Arthur looked down at Gwen a smirk on his face, as he handed her back the cup. “Thank you, my Lady”.

His voice took on a velvety soft quality, causing Gwen to blush warmed from head to toe, Arthur had never called her that before-only another, though it didn’t have the same effect. Coming from Arthur she liked it, loved how it rolled of his tongue.

Arthur grinned at her reaction, amazed that he could easily cause a rosy hue to appear on her cheeks, anytime he spoke to her-or looked at her.

Gwen swatted at his arm at his smug grin, and made to move, turning. But Arthur grabbed at her waist and Gwen gasped-breathless as he brought her to his body. Arthur kept one arm around her waist and spoke into her hair, looking forward to make sure that there were no peering eyes.

“You’re a major distraction, Guinevere” Arthur breathed. “I’ll se you later”.

Gwen looked up at him, smiling, and chanced a kiss fingers threading through his hair quickly. “Till later then”.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎