No announcement yet.

Chloe in Pandora= She's my hero

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidB1111
    I wonder though. If I'm wrong, and you're not talking about what I think you're talking about, this conversation is going to get a lot weirder, fast.
    Especially if you read the PM and freak out.
    I guess we weren't talking about the same. I was trying to say that maybe, if TPTB wants that , they can make Chloe end bad (like a villain or something). But I hope they won't. at list at this point, I def don't see her as a bad person, or crazy or villain.

Comment

I thought Chloe was awesome in this episode.

Comment

Oh, they can make her a villain and still have it end good for her. Not easily though.
        Also, "Starting tonight, people will die, I'm a woman of my word. WAHAHAHAHA!"
        I can see her saying that.

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
          She was TOTALLY heroic in the future. It was awesome seeing that SHE was the one leading the rebel band, and it was HER actions that caused the solar tower to lose power, strip the Kryptonian army of their abilities, and return Clark's powers to him so he could finish the job and stop Zod. It was super-tragic seeing her die the way she did, though... *sniff* Still, she went out a true hero. In the present, while I do have issues with her risking Clark's and Lois's health/lives, I do think she really believed what she was saying when she said they were protecting countless more lives from being put in jeopardy. Clark's now armed with more and better knowledge at how to handle Zod than he ever had before.
          Chloe was amazing tonight.
          She did the right thing.
          She is the best character tonight.

Comment

She was strong, tough, brave... Tiny blonde lead the resistance!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BOUROUX
              Chloe was amazing tonight.
              She did the right thing.
              She is the best character tonight.
              I have to say that I love that she didn't just roll over and make excuses for Clark's behavior in this episode. Chloe: I still don't trust you.

Comment

Originally posted by tbird4u
                Good, I didnt realize she had apologized for it!! Thanks for being kind
                Back at you!

Originally posted by DavidB1111
                What brought her to the point where she is now, though, in the present, not the future? I have my ideas...Check the other threads I've posted in.
                Obviously the events in Doomsday play a big part in that but I also think that loneliness and betrayal play as much of a part as Doomsday. Even though the present has changed and Clark and Lois are back, I think she is still headed toward who she was in the future because she is still not getting the attentive attention she needs to work through her emotional problems. Clark and Lois are so busy with there thing that Chloe gets left in the dust and isn't getting the comfort and help she needs.

Comment

Actually, after this episode I think that Chloe has become the most unlikeable TV character I've seen in a while . Which is sad, if I remember what a great and interesting character she used to be

Comment

I'm all for changing the future but this was one aspect I hope doesn't change.

Comment

I didn't like her bitterness and her resentment . Chloe betrayed Clark in Beast and Doomsday, and that should have been the reason for the separation, but, as always they made it all about Clark's wrong decisions. I think the bitterness and distrust should go both ways and that should have been said more clearly in Pandora. As always, Chloe shines, is badass and saves the world whiled Clark is portrayed as the idiot that destroys it. She wasn't my hero at all, because I can't separate what she did last season from what she is doing now. She's bitter because Clark left her after the funeral, when she was the cause of his detachment from humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                        I didn't like her bitterness and her resentment . Chloe betrayed Clark in Beast and Doomsday, and that should have been the reason for the separation, but, as always they made it all about Clark's wrong decisions. I think the bitterness and distrust should go both ways and that should have been said more clearly in Pandora. As always, Chloe shines, is badass and saves the world whiled Clark is portrayed as the idiot that destroys it. She wasn't my hero at all, because I can't separate what she did last season from what she is doing now. She's bitter because Clark left her after the funeral, when she was the cause of his detachment from humanity.
                        Great post! It irks me when traitors are portrayed as heros, while the real hero is turned into a screw up. This is just twisted and wrong.

Besides, Chloe´s future self was not that different from Zod. She was just on the other side. But her dictatorial self could probably switch to the other side any time. Actually, I´ve been waiting for a "Kneel before Chloe, the New Big Sister of Earth, the All-Invader of your privacy!".

Comment

Someone explain to me why she waited so long to activate the virus? Instead of messing around for a year, her and Oliver could have gone around and found Clark and stopped the enslavement early! And to agree with Bizarrolover, Chloe could have destroyed the world herself when she hid with Davis, but Clark cleaned up her screw-up(ish), and now when the roles are reversed she's potrayed as a hero, when they tried to make Clark seem like an idiot! They didn't do that in Doomsday.

Comment

Love Allison Mack, she is fantastic portraying the badass Chloe, Go Girl she is my hero.

Comment

I went ahead and watched the Chloe scenes on youtube since I heard she was badass. Well, I have the following observations:

- I think the condemnation of Chloe's actions in the present are being blown way out of proportion. Reading some quick comments I thought she did something heinous. IMO She did not. This kind of stuff happens in all action-adventure movies. The heroes take personal risks to save the day. Like it or not, Lois being so close to Clark means her life will be in danger. She would take that danger, as would Clark, if it meant saving the world.
                              - So Chloe is not discussing what she does at Watchtower with Clark? Big whoop. He shows up when he wants something from her and to talk about his love life. HE HAS NEVER ONCE ASKED HER IF SHE IS DOING OKAY. He's a jerk, why should she confide in him anymore. She. Can't. Trust. Him. He left her at her darkest hour on some emo trip. He's been back for months and has yet to try and repair the friendship - going to Lois instead because "it just felt right". Remember once he rejoined the living, Chloe said "why didn't you come to me"? She was prepared to work together as a team. He repeatedly demonstrated he doesn't want that. She's not going to open up to him after that kind of hurt.
                              - Clark storming into WT and accusing Chloe of taking Lois shows exactly how hostile he is towards her. She saved your butt again tonight Clark, will you say thankyou? No. You won't. You take her for granted. All. The. Time. She didn't leave a ring around for Lois to pick up. She didn't connect you to the mind machine. She called the paramedics, got Dr Hamilton to bring them around, and protected Clark's secret. Yet this jerk accuses her of Tess-like behavior and blows her off again to go running to become a buddy to Zod (Destroyer of Planets).

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Clark SHOULD apologize to her. Chloe SHOULD apologize to him. She should let down her guard and try to reconcile with him. He should try and explain why he abandoned her. She should tell him everything she's been doing and apologize for not keeping him in the loop and he should apologize for freezing her out of his life and no longer being there for her. They should set new parameters for their relationship.

The unconditional trust is gone and IMO it is both of their faults.
                              - Chloe didn't want Clark to risk Jor-El turing Clark into a popsiscle so she tried to handle the Brainiac infection without him.
                              - Clark tried to save Chloe from herself by not having her memories restored.
                              - Chloe tried to save Clark by preventing a showdown b/w Davis and Clark.
                              - Chloe tried to prevent Clark from making a morally expedient decision she believed he would regret (putting Davis in the phantom zone).
                              - Clark abandoned Chloe when things went bad
                              - Chloe started monitoring all the Superheros when they went off the grid
                              - Chloe masterminded a "game" to recover suicidal-Ollie without Clark's involvment because it was too risky.
                              - Clark still only shows up at WT when he wants something
                              - Clark still runs into rooms filled with Green K (Metallo) without backup because he doesn't want to risk anyone else and wants to solve the problem immediately
                              - Chloe monitors Clark's life to provide backup because he tries to be an island unto himself (again, this usually doesn't work out -- whether or not that makes the audience happy doesn't matter -- Chloe has saved Clark's bacon too many times to not know he gets in over his head STILL)
                              - Clark acusses Chloe of stealing Lois for nefarious purposes because he doesn't know what she is doing

This is a tale of a relationship formerly based on unconditional trust that had each other keeping secrets to "protect" the other one and ultimately, they just no longer trust each other. Both are to blame.

Now - what is Chloe doing wrong. She's retreated into herself. She no longer trusts anyone. She is trying to single-handedly save the world because Clark has become unreliable in her mind. Yes, Chloe is taking too much onto herself but given what she's seen, it makes sense that this is the path she's taken.

What is Clark doing wrong? He's harboring some resentment over last year and freezing Chloe out. She has no one to turn to and he's letting her deal with all her issues by herself. He's trying to save the world without anyone else's help and yet he RISKs the WORLD with this single-handed approach. It's not noble to put yourself in danger with no backup if what is at stake is not just your life but the rest of the worlds. He's NOT Superman yet. He can't fly. He still makes mistakes. Clark needs to work as a team and know when he can truly do things himself and when he should get backup. He always had Chloe watching his back in S5-8. Now, he's the lone ranger and yet Chloe still has had to swoop in and do cleanup.

Only a rapproachment between Clark and Chloe will fix this. When they don't work together, the world ends. Witness the first timeline where Clark abandoned Chloe and tried to do it all by himself. Clark got his butt kicked. To me the message is clear - they have to work together.

And yes, future Chloe was badass. Tess was an enemy combatant - she had the shot, she took it. It also showed the extreme issue - Chloe didn't trust Clark and Clark abandoned Chloe. The world was a mess.

As for why not release the virus earlier? Bad writing is the obvious answer. If I stand on one leg and squint my right eye, I can kind of see that if she didn't trust Clark, then she didn't know what he would do once he was given the power and the Kandorians were de-powered. She said repeatedly she didn't trust him. But -- that's a stretch.

Bottom line: I think Chloe's actions are being judged as more "dark" than they actually are. I saw the same thing in Kandor and Roulette (the other clips I watched). I believe I completely understand the motivation for this overstatement but I don't think it is based on a level playing field.

Chloe is MY hero. She's battered and bruised and trying to do too much but she has put the world before everything and everyone in her life. She's getting kicked in the teeth by her former best friend but she is still their protecting his back. Chloe rocks.
                              Last edited by SVFancross; 11-21-2009, 07:22 AM.

Comment

SVFancross, I applaud you. This post is made of so much win. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎