X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "History Repeating?"

Thoughts on the episode?

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

My thoughts:

The good: I like Alaric Saltzman, and liked how they had to spell out the pronunciation his name, because I've been saying it wrong.
    - Jeremy is finally becoming a bit more likable.
    - Damon is still mischievous but becoming more rounded.
    - I don't really miss Vicki.
    - Caroline. Yeah she's annoying but I like her annoying.
    - Bonnie stuff with witches! Katerina Graham is one of my favorite actresses on this show and she gets some great material to work with.
    - Cool effects
    - I jumped out of my chair once.. something TV rarely makes me do.

The Bad (spoiler warning):
    - Logan Fell, the undead. I couldn't stand the guy in life and really don't care to see him again. Though it was a great shock. I don't know what exactly Alaric is but I hope Alaric kicks his you know what.

---

All in all it was a decent episode, and I like the mythology that the show has already built in only 9 episodes. Wish more people were posting on this forum to geek out with me about it though
    10 - Bewitching
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

I loved it! I loved the fact that it was a Bonnie centric episode. I think she's shaping up to be my favorite character on the show so far.

I like Alaric too, and it should be interesting to see where his storyline goes. and yeah, the Logan thing was shocking to me as well. Though I don't see it lasting long. I think they'll probably pull a Vicki and kill him off lol.

Caroline is annoying, lol. I still can't stand her character. I kinda feel she's not needed anymore, same with Matt now that Vicki is dead (although I like Matt). However, it could all change in the next few episodes lol

I gave it a 9!
    Last edited by lostmyway; 11-13-2009, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I gave it a 10, it was just that enjoyable to watch.

The surprise at the end unleashed a bunch of cursing from me.

Although Bonnie had a great story line, the actress for me is a bit understated for the role.
      Damon just grew on me in this episode...poor little wicked vamp.

I do wonder that if Katherine is in some kind of protective bubble, did she send out her “essence” (for a lack of a better word) and created Elena... a kinda pure self to roam the earth for a bit.
      I’m just taking shots in the dark, spitting into the wind with ideas on how Katherine & Elena could look so much alike in the same town just different eras.

Comment

10/10 I loved it! Damon and Stefan having abit of fun, Alaric (another vampire?),
        Shocking to see Logan and to find out there are 27 vampires under the old church, locked in a Witches spell! Awesome!

Jeremy looked bewildered that he had been labeled a trouble maker. Guess that was also erased. The Seance was scary! It was funny when he came in the front door and the girls screamed. Can't wait to find out what Jeremy finds out about his ancestors.

So, Damon really loved Katherine. I felt sad for him. I wonder if Stefan will be saving
        everyone with his blood.
        For a minute, I thought we were going to have a Vampire Witch! Whew!

Comment

I loved it. I'm so happy that we finally know why Damon came back! And Bonnie was great I was really scared for her and for myself cause it was really scary. But I don't know if I'm liking the whole Elena and Stefan thing. They can never make up their minds if they want to be together or not. I hope the writers don't make them like Lana and Clark. If they do I will be so freaking mad!!!

Comment

So I watched this show for the first time in my life and thought it was pretty cool LOL.
            Maybe I should start watching.

The music they use is really good too, which is a definite plus.

Comment

It was interesting. Lots of parts spooked me lol.

Comment

I was SO happy it was a Bonnie episode! It was amazing, I love the chemistry between Bonnie and Damon, for the first time he actually showed remorse.

The hiatus is too long, I can't wait!

Comment

It was a really interesting episode- and so cool to see Bianca Lawson again!

"Rick" is a mysterious guy- lovin' it!
                  I can't wait to find out what Jeremy discovers

Comment

I'm watching it again now, and Stefan does the coolest Damon impressions ever! Even with the trademark Damon Headshakes while he says things I'mright now!!!
                    Last edited by dru-zod2501; 07-18-2011, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Okay the ending just threw me for a loop.

"I have to leave, Elena. Too many people have died, too much has happened."

Since the pilot, I always felt Paul Wesley's acting was a bit lacking. But wow, he has much improved over the course of 8 episodes. But it could be the writers have given him so much more to work with. Like he's not just a boring stick in the mud anymore. I liked most everything about this episode. Very suspenseful, kept me on the edge of my seat. And the plot thickens. We learn more about Katherine and Bonnie's ancestor Emily, and Damon's true purpose for being in Mystic Falls. There's only one thing that bothered me, and that was the Stelena yo-yo. Last time it was Elena that wanted some separation and now it's Stefan. I hate relationship yo-yos.

I give this one a 9.5 out of 10 so I'll round up to a 10!
                      Last edited by super_j_man; 02-05-2012, 10:00 PM.

Comment

i wish i can give more than 10 points
                        I totally loved this episode. Logan returned and asks jenny, Are you going to invite me in? He is a vampire now.. Wow thats one hell out of epic twist. and i also liked the new character saltzman...what is he? another vampire? Wasn't he bit hesitant to walk in?

Awww Poor Boonie, but it was nice to see finally Elena got someone the share her secret
                        And Matt and caroline together, thats awesome. I felt bad for caroline when damon used her..

cool. this is getting better and better... LOVE ITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎