Television Ratings for "Idol"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm horrible at rating, I don't dare even try. But if I had my druthers, as great as this episode actually was, I'd want total world wide domination to show the naysayers and people who don't watch just how great Smallville season 9 is and how Idol knocked the ball out into the stratosphere, despite the Wonder twins.

The always awesome Glen Winter !! just posted a couple times in the Loved It/Hated It thread, too, proving my love for him even more. I wish more people would give Smallville a chance.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by prez420
    I'm hoping for 5 million but i doubt it will reach that even though it deserves it because the headliner was the wonder twins and even I almost didnt watch it because of them. I am glad I did watch it though because the WT was in it but the episode was all about clark and lois uberness and I would have kicked myself if I missed such a awesome episode.

I am pretty sure the ratings would be in the 200-300 million range if they would release it on the internet sites like hulu and the like simultaneously as the standard tv channel. When will these people realize the internet is the wave of the future and they are only hurting their bottom line by trying to stick it out on the old media format (TV)
    I never miss an episode; even despite my hatred of the Wonder twins I planned to soldier through and much to my delight, found that it was downright SUPER.

You are right, the old ratings are extremely outdated and very isolationist. Things need to change, because the times they are a changing. The networks are being very short-sighted when they look at the numbers they have- they need to broaden their scope.
    Last edited by geminis; 11-14-2009, 01:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by geminis
      I'm horrible at rating, I don't dare even try. But if I had my druthers, as great as this episode actually was, I'd want total world wide domination to show the naysayers and people who don't watch just how great Smallville season 9 is and how Idol knocked the ball out into the stratosphere, despite the Wonder twins.

The always awesome Glen Winter !! just posted a couple times in the Loved It/Hated It thread, too, proving my love for him even more. I wish more people would give Smallville a chance.

Sadly alot of people gave smallville a chance and left because of how the writers were forcing the character lana lang into the story after high school. If I wasn't such a die hard superman fan i would have quit watching smallville long ago because almost every episode she was in was so droopy and sappy that it totally over shadowed the bright hopefulness of the underlying superman story. Atleast now smallville is really starting to feel like superman its like the writers decided to quit trying to make the show into a teenie bopper drama fest and make a show about a young superman.
      Last edited by prez420; 11-14-2009, 01:34 AM.

Comment

I'm guessing 2.64. The last two episodes were strong.

Comment

I hope this particular episode brings in 3 mil. When this happens boy oh boy Season 10 here we come!

Comment

dont think it will hit 3 million...although I do wish that were the case. Most likely similar numbers to last week and a bit of a jump for Pandora.

Comment

8 million...

Comment

^^^^ Hope so!

Comment

At first I said around 2.6 2.7 now I hope it will reach 2.9 good episode!!

Comment

2.8 to 3.0 would be awesome! This episode definately deserves it, although the wonder twins were slightly poo.

Comment

i cant wait to see the ratings...... i so wish its like last time or more....

Comment

2.8-2.9 *crosses fingers*

Comment

Originally posted by thehenry89
                          2.8-2.9 *crosses fingers*
                          me too!

Comment

Matt just Tweeted this:

#SMALLVILLE draws 2.7 million viewers. Nielsen powers, activate?

Now I just want the demos and I want to know the final!

Comment

MattMTvguy from Twitter has a

"Ratings snippet: #Smallville draws 2.7 million viewers. Nielsen powers, activate?"

Comment

That wasn't good... right?!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎