No announcement yet.

Dollhouse Canceled

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dollhouse Canceled

The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Dollhouse has been canceled.

It's expected to finish out its 13-episode order, and the remaining episodes will begin airing Dec. 4 as previously planned.

Thoughts?

Sad it's on Fox though it was expected

Comment

Seriously, FOX has a problem keeping their SYFY series for more than two seasons. They did it with Firefly, T:SCC, Tru Calling, Dark Angel and now Dollhouse. Do they hate these types of shows, so they make sure that once they start falling a little bit in ratings they immidately cancel them. ..I hate to see this happen to Fringe..cause if they start to fall in ratings they're done for.

Comment

Comment

I'm pretty sure that if I were Joss Whedon I would never collaborate with Fox again.

Ugh. I've never watched Dollhouse but I can understand how much this sucks.

Comment

This sucks, although it was on Fox, which means its cancellation isn't completely surprising. Ugh. No fair.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
              Seriously, FOX has a problem keeping their SYFY series for more than two seasons. They did it with Firefly, T:SCC, Tru Calling, Dark Angel and now Dollhouse. Do they hate these types of shows, so they make sure that once they start falling a little bit in ratings they immidately cancel them. ..I hate to see this happen to Fringe..cause if they start to fall in ratings they're done for.
              I agree Angel,but if they cancel Fringe,mani will be so upset.Dollhouse though,im not surprised.Still sucks though.

Comment

Natalie Abrams at TV Guide says that the plan is still on for episodes to start airing December 4. The series finale is scheduled for January 22.

Comment

no I just hope the series doesn't end on a cliffhanger like Las Vagas did

Comment

Comment

I can honestly say i'm not shocked by this first Terminator and now Dollhouse.Fox is great at news but they suck at keeping programs on the air. This is why I didn't bother to keep watching the show,because I figured this would happen. Kinda makes you wonder if CW will be the only network around to do shows.It seems like NBC and Fox are always killing off their programs every year.

Comment

Not a giant surprise. I also wouldn't hold out hope for Fringe since it keeps losing viewers left and right. It may come back next season, but I don't see it lasting past that. Besides, I have already seen X-Files.

Comment

Yeah, when I saw this news I was not surprised. Disappointed but not surprised.

Still, as someone pointed out to me, there is a silver lining. This frees Joss up to work on Dr. Horrible's sequel!

Comment

I don't think anyone is all that surprised by this. I would have liked to see it go on longer, but with those ratings, there is no way Fox would keep it around much longer.

Its been pretty uneven with episodes ranging from average to amazing, but over all I enjoyed the show and am sad to see it go. I can't say I didn't see it coming though.

Comment

I blame myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎